royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 760

帖子 royl » 周二 8月 07, 2018 7:38 am

二十笔实用成语 760

01. money for jam; money for old rope
定义: 轻易赚的钱; 简易的事.
例句: "I'm getting paid to stay in my neighbors' mansion while they're on holiday." "Wow, that'll be money for jam!" ("我邻居付我钱请我在他们去渡假的时候待在他们的豪宅里看家" "哇, 你那钱赚得真容易!")

02. money is no object
定义: 钱不是问题, 不在乎花费多少. (注: 意指务必要达成任务)
例句: Choose whatever you like from the menu. It's your birthday so money is no object. (菜单上你爱点什么就点什么. 这是你的生日所以钱不是问题)

03. money is tight, one's
定义: 银根紧, 手头紧, 手头不方便.
例句: Adam was getting the feeling that money was tight for Mandy recently. (亚当感觉到曼蒂最近手头不方便)

04. money laundering, the
定义: 洗钱. (注: 意指将非法取得金钱变为合法金钱)
例句: These crimes include money laundering, illegal drug and human trafficking, illicit weapons trading, and embezzlement of public funds. (这些罪状包括洗钱, 非法毒品走私, 贩卖人口, 非法贩卖武器以及盗用公款)

05. Money makes many things.
定义: [俗语]钱多好办事.
例句: Money makes many things but not everything. It can buy a house, but not a home, it can buy a book, but not knowledge, and it can fetch a doctor, but not good health. (钱多好办事但不能办所有的事. 它能够买一栋房子但买不了一个家, 它能够买一本书籍但不能买知识, 它能够请一位医生但不能买健康)

06. money talks
定义: 有钱能使鬼推磨, 有钱好办事.
例句: Of course he'll get what he wants. Money talks, doesn't it? (他当然要什么就有什么. 有钱好办事, 不是吗?)

07. Money talks, bullshit walks.
定义: [不雅俗语]有钱好办事, 无钱免谈.
例句: If you want us to do your bathroom remodeling, here's some advice – money talks, bullshit walks! (你如果要我们承包你浴室重新装修工程的话, 我有一句忠告– 有钱好办事, 无钱免谈! )

08. have money to burn, to
定义: 烧钱, 钱太多了. (注: 意指钱太多乱花, 买不需要的东西)
例句: He has money to burn and never has to worry about looking for work. (他钱太多了, 从来不必烦恼去找工作)

09. monkey (around) with, to
定义: 越做越糟, 胡搞瞎搞, 乱做一通. (注: 意指不懂装懂去修理或调整)
例句: My tools are not toys – please do not monkey with them. (我的工具不是玩具 – 请你别乱玩我的工具)

10. monkey around, to
定义: 胡闹, 厮混, 鬼混, 蹉跎时间.
例句: Would you quit monkeying around and give me a hand cleaning the house? (别再那儿胡闹了, 帮我清理这个屋子好吗?)

11. monkey business, the
定义: [俚语]卑鄙, 欺骗的行为; 疯疯癫癫, 调皮捣蛋的行为.
例句: You should stop that monkey business and try to do the job the correct way. (你应当停止你那不老实的行为, 好好地以正经态度做好这件工作)

12. monkey on one's back, a
定义: 不胜其扰的麻烦或问题.
例句: This project is such a monkey on my back right now. I can't wait for it to be over. (目前这个工作项目已经成为我不胜其扰的负担. 我恨不得它早点结束)

13. monkey see, monkey do.
定义: 有样学样, 不明就里地模仿别人, 依样画葫芦.
例句: "I don't let my children watch TV programs that show kids being disrespectful to their elders." "I know what you mean. Monkey see, monkey do." ("我不让我儿女看那些教导小朋友对他们长辈不尊重的电视节目." "我了解你的意思. 小孩们有样学样.")

14. throw a monkey wrench into, to
定义: 活动板手; 造成混乱或破坏事务的人, 事或物.
例句: The boss threw a monkey wrench into our plans when he said we'd have to work Saturday. (老板说我们必须要星期六工作, 他这一做破坏了我们的计划)

15. months go by
定义: 数月已过.
例句: Three months have gone by since the day I left the San Francisco and bade farewell to my then co-workers. (自从我离开三藩市和跟当时同事告别的那一天到现在已经过了三个月)

16. mood takes you, the
定义: 随着兴致, 凭着感觉想要做某件事情.
例句: You can add some lights in the living room or mix and match quilt covers, sheets and pillow cases as the mood takes you. (你可以随着兴致所至在起居室里增加一些灯光或者混合或搭配地换上各种被套, 床单以及枕头套)

17. moola/moolah
定义: [俚语]金钱.
例句: That's a lot of moolah! For us, it's cash we shouldn't necessarily be spending that could better serve us if allocated elsewhere. (这要花很多的钱! 对我们来说, 这是我们没必要花费的钱, 如果把它拨给另外的用途, 我们则可以将它作更好利用)

18. moon away, to
定义: 磋跎虚度时间.
例句: You have mooned away half the year. Now pull yourself together! (你已经磋跎了半年的时光. 你现在也该振作起来)

19. moon over ..., to
定义: 痴念...; 爱慕...
例句: You're mooning over a girl you saw once for thirty seconds. (你居然痴恋一个只见了三十秒钟一面的女子)

20. moot point, a
定义: 争议性的问题; 不相关的问题或不值得讨论的问题.
例句: Whether or not he's the best person for the job is a moot point now that he's tenured. (由于他已经被授予终身职务, 他是否是这个工作最适任的人选已经是个没必要讨论的问题)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客