royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 763

帖子 royl » 周六 9月 01, 2018 1:13 am

二十笔实用成语 763

01. more the merrier, the
定义: 越多越好.
例句: Tell everybody the party's at my place – the more the merrier! (告诉大家这个派对在我家举行 – 人来得越多越好!)

02. more to the point
定义: 更重要的一点.
例句: Your appearance and demeanor have become increasingly unprofessional, and, more to the point, your productivity has really gone down lately. (你的表现和行为举止越来越不专业, 更重要的一点, 你最近的生产力也确实下降了)

03. more trouble than a cartload of monkeys, to be/cause
定义: 问题一大堆; 烦死人; 非常难处理; 闯祸, 制造一大堆麻烦.
例句: Your kids cause more trouble than a cartload of monkeys, so don't pretend they're two little angels because they're not. (你的儿女闯了不少祸, 所以别假装他们是两个乖巧的小天使因为他们不是)

04. more's the pity
定义: 尤为憾事, 真可惜了.
例句: "Looks like Aunt Leanne and her kids won't be coming tonight." "More's the pity, and I made all this extra food for them, too." ("看样子丽安姑妈和她的儿女今晚不会来了." "他们不能来真可惜, 我做了这么多额外的食物也可惜了.")

05. morning after, the
定义: 昨夜放纵之痛苦结果; 早前做错觉悟的时刻; 宿醉.
例句: "Ugh, I feel so sick." "Sounds like the morning after the night before to me. Weren't you out at the bar last night?" ("呕, 我很不舒服." "依我看你是昨夜喝太多造成的宿醉样子. 你昨晚是不是去酒吧了?")

06. morning commute, the
定义: 清晨上班或上学的通勤交通.
例句: Light snow may hamper today's morning commute. (轻微降雪可能会阻碍今天早上的通勤交通)

07. morning person, a
定义: 早上工作效率高的人, 喜欢早上工作的人.
例句: I'm a morning person but only after I've had my coffee and shower. (我是一名喜欢早上工作的人但是非得要喝了咖啡和洗完淋浴之后才有精神)

08. mortgage the/your future, to
定义: 拿未来作抵押; 借一大笔钱未来偿还; 做一件将来会产生问题的事.
例句: We are on a spending spree that's mortgaging our children's futures. (我们正在疯狂地无度挥霍, 那是拿我们子孙的未来作抵押)

09. mosey along, to
定义: 遛达到某处.
例句: Let's mosey along over to campus and get something to eat. (我们到校园里遛达遛达然后再去吃点东西)

10. mosey around, to
定义: 到处闲逛.
例句: It's still early. Let's take a moment to mosey around the city before we go to the restaurant. (现在还早. 我们就慢慢地在市区内随便闲逛晚一点再去那家餐厅)

11. most asinine statement one have/has ever heard/seen/read, the
定义: 听到的最愚蠢, 最不可原谅的一句话.
例句: "Truth isn't truth" is the most asinine statement I have ever heard. ("真相不是真相"是我所听到的最愚蠢的一句话)

12. most likely
定义: 很可能地.
例句: Yup you guessed it, we will most likely see another round of afternoon storms today so plan accordingly and seek shelter. (对你猜对了, 我们今天很可能会碰到另一轮的下午暴风雨, 所以要做出相应的计划以及找个避风雨的地方)

13. most of the time
定义: 大多数时候, 大部分情形, 通常.
例句: I am working a temp job, and most of the time I don't do anything. (我正做的是一份临时工作, 大多数时候我不需要做任何事情)

14. most of them/you/us
定义: 他/你/我们大部分, 大部分的这些人.
例句: Most of us are one paycheck away from poverty. Seven out of 10 Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck. Without savings, you're one misstep away from financial disaster. (我们大部分的人距离贫穷只差一张薪资支票. 十个美国人有七个靠薪水度日. 没有储蓄, 你一个失足就会坠入财务灾难)

15. most pressing issue, the
定义: 最紧要的问题或要办的事务.
例句: The most pressing issue is how we will tr​​ansport the food we have to the people who need it. (最紧要的事务是如何把我们手中的食物运交给需要食物的人们手中)

16. most remote parts of the world
定义: 在世界最遥远的一端.
例句: This shows plastic pollution ends up everywhere, even in the most remote parts of the world. (这事件显示出塑料污染所及之处无远弗届, 到处都是, 即使在世界最遥远的一端也都存在塑料污染)

17. most times
定义: 大多数时候, 大部分情形, 通常.
例句: People attack me on a daily basis calling me every name in the book but most times, I just let it go and go on with my day. (人们每天攻击我, 什么骂人的话都用在我身上, 但是大多数时候, 我不跟他们计较, 继续过我的日子)

18. most unkindest cut of all, the
定义: 最恶毒的羞辱与打击, 终极背叛.
例句: Hearing my own mother attack my decision to start a business was the most unkindest cut of all. (听到我自己的母亲攻击我要开创自己事业的决定是我这一辈子受到的最恶毒的羞辱和打击)

19. mostly sunny sky
定义: 多晴.
例句: Today's high temperatures are still expected to get into the low to mid 90s under a mostly sunny sky. (今天多晴它的高温仍旧将逗留在九十一, 二度至九十五, 六度之间)

20. mother (and father) of all ..., the
定义: 最大, 最极端的典型, 典范.
例句: Going to shopping the day before Christmas, I got stuck for two hours in the mother of all tr​​affic jams. (圣诞节前一天去购物, 我居然被困在少见的交通大拥塞, 两个钟头内完全动弹不得)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客