royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 766

帖子 royl » 周四 10月 04, 2018 11:07 pm

二十笔实用成语 766

01. much better (than)
定义: 好多了, 比...好多了.
例句: A win by cheating isn't much better than no win. (以欺骗方法取得的胜利比没赢好不了多少)

02. much has been said
定义: (这事)已经被谈论得很多.
例句: Much has been said about the way elephants appear to mourn when calamity befalls a family member. (象群前来悼念因落难而死的家中成员的事迹已被人们谈论得很多)

03. much in evidence, be
定义: 显而易见的, 显然的; 有目共睹的.
例句: All the renovations you made to the house are much in evidence. I think prospective buyers will be impressed. (你在这栋房子所做出的整修工作是大家有目共睹的. 我相信潜在的买家们将会赞赏你所做的翻修工作)

04. much/still less
定义: 更不用说.
例句: He rarely talks about his private activities in his off-hours, much less his family. (他甚少谈及他在下班时间所从事的私人活动, 更不用说他的家事)

05. much more unbearable, be
定义: 更加无法忍受.
例句: When someone we trust hurts or betrays us, the pain can feel that much more unbearable. (当我们所信任的人伤害或出卖我们的时候, 我们感受到的那种痛苦更加无法忍受)

06. much obliged, be
定义: 很感谢, 非常感激.
例句: "You can stay with us until your wounds heal," she said. "Much obliged, Ma'am," I replied. ("你可以留在我们这里直到你的创伤痊愈," 她说. "非常感激妳, 夫人," 我回答)

07. much of a muchness, be
定义: 大同小异, 半斤八两; 没什么差别.
例句: McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's – all these fast-food burger joints are much of a muchness to me. (麦当劳汉堡, 汉堡王, 温蒂汉堡 – 所有这些速食汉堡店对我来说都没什么差别)

08. much sought-after, be
定义: 非常受欢迎. 非常抢手.
例句: To the surprise of some, the product has been much sought-after since it was first released. (令某些人惊讶的是, 自从这款产品首次开卖之后, 它一直是个广受欢迎的产品)

09. much too ... (often/common/easy ...), be
定义: 太多次/太普通/太容易. (注: much too...在此就是太...的意思, 后面加形容词)
例句: When someone tells you to turn up the heater because your house is much too cold for an infant, you'd better listen to him. (当有人告诉你把暖气调高一点因为你的屋子温度对一个婴儿来说太冷了, 你最好按照他的话去做)

10. muck about/around with something, to
定义: 漫无目的地瞎搞, 乱弄或捣乱.
例句: Don't muck about with things you don't understand. (别乱碰你不了解的东西)

11. muck in with someone, to
定义: 分担别人一部分工作或责任.
例句: Everyone is expected to muck in with the camp chores: pitching tents, collecting firewood, cooking the meals and shopping in local markets. (每个人都必须要分担营地的工作: 搭帐篷扎营, 打柴拾薪, 烧菜做饭, 还有在附近市场采购必需品)

12. muck up, to
定义: 笨拙地搞糟, 弄得一团糟.
例句: Even though he mucks up all the time, he gets away with it because the teachers think of him as some sort of eccentric genius. (即使是他也会把事情弄得一团糟, 他总是能够逃避处分因为老师们把他当成某种怪异天才)

13. muddle someone/something up, to
定义: 混淆, 搞错; 没法分清楚两人或两事.
例句: She has a sharp mind but can sometimes get her priorities muddled up. (她有一副聪明的头脑但有时也会分不清楚办事的优先秩序)

14. muddle through, to
定义: 胡乱应付过关, 勉强混过.
例句: We hadn't practiced the song enough, so we just muddled through it. (我们没有充分地准备这首歌曲, 因此我们只好勉强混过)

15. muddy the waters, to
定义: 弄浑议题.
例句: Don't muddy the waters with unrelated issues – we only need to focus on this one problem. (别扯些无关的问题来混淆议题 – 我们只须要专注这一个问题就好)

16. muffin top
定义: 腰部赘肉; 啤酒肚. (注: 意指女人穿紧身裤把肚子肥肉挤出在裤顶上)
例句: The dreaded muffin top is a common complaint for most women, although men can suffer from it as well. (可怕的腰部赘肉经常受到女性的抱怨, 虽然男人一样也可以受到啤酒肚的折磨)
图片
腰部赘肉

17. mug shot, a
定义: 嫌犯照片; 脸部照片.
例句: I was invited to the police station and went through some mug shots. (我被请去警局, 翻阅一些嫌犯照片. 注: 意指我被警方请去指认某个或某些嫌犯)

18. mug's game, a
定义: 吃力不讨好或徒劳无功的差事; 愚蠢或危险的活动.
例句: Allowing your children to play with fireworks is a mug's game. They are bound to get injured. (容许你家小朋友玩耍烟火是个危险的活动. 他们迟早会受到伤害)

19. mull over, to
定义: 仔细或长时间思考.
例句: I've been mulling over what you said about love. I believe it's an intimate relationship that is more spiritual than physical. (我一直在思考你所说有关爱情的看法. 我相信它是一个心灵多于肉体的亲密关系)

20. mumbo jumbo
定义: [名词]听不清楚或听不懂的语言; 宗教祭典语言用来让人搞不清楚; 复杂或含糊的祭典; 被认为神奇, 令人敬畏的物品.
例句: Have you tried to read and understand all that mumbo jumbo in the insurance policy? (你是否曾经试图去阅读或了解这份保险单里让人搞不清楚的复杂含糊语言?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客