royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 774

帖子 royl » 周一 12月 03, 2018 10:02 pm

二十笔实用成语 774

01. never ever
定义: 决不, 永不, 从未.
例句: I don't know what you're talking about. I've never, ever taken you for granted, my darling. (我不知你在说什么. 亲爱的, 我从来就没把你不当一回事)

02. never fear
定义: 别怕, 别操心那事还不一定会发生, 有点信心.
例句: Never fear, we'll get to the airport on time. (别怕, 我们会准时到达机场)

03. never for one moment
定义: 从未, 决不.
例句: Never for one moment did I lose heart or relax my efforts and vigilance. (我从未心灰意冷或松弛我的努力和警觉)

04. never give a sucker an even break
定义: 千万别放过一个傻瓜, 能骗就骗. (注: 这句话反映有些人认为世上傻子太多, 能骗就骗的心态)
例句: He's always trying to give out expired coupons for his store, firmly believing in never giving a sucker an even break. (他总是想办法散发他商店的过期优惠券, 他坚决相信决不能别放过一个傻瓜,能骗就骗)

05. never gone before, to have
定义: 去从未去过的地方; 做未曾做过的事.
例句: Yesterday, we boldly went where we've never gone before. We hosted the first-ever barbecue cook-off and citywide car show at our nearby park. (昨天, 我们大胆地做了过去未曾做过的事. 我们在我们附近的公园内主办了破天荒第一次的烤肉比赛以及全市车展)

06. never had it so good, one
定义: 从来没有像现在这么成功, 繁荣, 富裕或幸运.
例句: Kids these days have never had it so good, yet they still complain about the tiniest thing not being the way they'd like it. (当今的小孩活在从来没有像现在这么富裕的环境, 但他们仍旧为了一点小事不满意而抱怨)

07. never heard of such a thing, to have
定义: 从来没听过这样事.
例句: "The tax office is now open on Sunday!" "Wow, I've never heard of such a thing!" ("这间税务办公室现在连星期天都开门!" "哇, 我从来没听过这样事!")

08. never heard of, to have
定义: 从没听说过.
例句: This is one of the richest men in the world that you've never heard of. (这是一位你从未听说过的世界上最富有的富豪之一)

09. never in my/one's life
定义: 从未, 一生中从来没有.
例句: "Never in my life have I seen such a mess!" "Well, it's always this way." ("我这一辈子从没见过这么脏乱的环境" "唉, 这里一直都是这个样子")

10. never intends to ..., one
定义: 从一开始就没想要...
例句: People who have already begun to suspect he has sold them a bill of goods and he has never intended to do anything but feather his own nest. (人们已经开始怀疑他以花言巧语诈骗他们, 而他一开始除了想要图利自肥之外就没想要做别的事)

11. never judge a book by its cover
定义: 不要从外表判断某人或某物.
例句: When we arrived we found that the hotel we'd booked looked awful, but as they say, you should never judge a book by its cover. (当我们到达的时候我们觉得那间我们预定的旅馆看起来相当糟糕, 但是常言道, 你不可从外表判断某物)

12. never knowingly undersold
定义: [生意口号]保证最低价格; 决不让竞争者以低价抢走生意.
例句: We are never knowingly undersold, so if you believe you can get a more competitive deal elsewhere, please contact us and we will endeavor to price match. (我们决不让竞争者以低价抢走生意, 因此如果你认为你可以在别处找到更好的价钱的话, 请跟我们联络, 我们将会尽力地接受你的低价)

13. never let it be said, to
定义: 千万别让人说.
例句: "Never let it be said that I arrive empty-handed!" she said, handing him some bread and cheese. ("千万别让人说我什么东西都没带就来这里!"她一面说一面拿一些面包和乳酪给他)

14. never/don't look a gift horse in the mouth
定义: 礼轻情义重, 别挑剔礼物好坏.
例句: I know Aunt Jean isn't your favorite person, but she gave you that beautiful sweater as a present, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth! (我知道珍阿姨不是你喜欢的人, 但她送了你那件漂亮的毛衣作为礼物, 所以别挑剔礼物好坏!)

15. never look back
定义: (做了生涯的改变之后)从此一路顺利, 不再回首.
例句: She hasn't looked back since she started her own business five years ago. (自从五年前, 她自己创业之后, 她从此一帆风顺)

16. never made a penny out of it, to have
定义: 从未从中谋利或赚钱.
例句: This gentleman tried investing in cancer research but he never made a penny out of it. (这位先生试图投资在癌症研究但他却从未从中赚到钱)

17. never mind
定义: 不要紧, 别担心, 别麻烦, 别理会, 别管这事.
例句: Never mind his remarks. He's just jealous. (别理会他的话. 他只是嫉妒你)

18. never miss an opportunity, to
定义: 从不放过一个机会.
例句: He never misses an opportunity to secure a research grant, but never does any actual work. (他从不放过一个取得研究经费的机会, 但他却从不做任何实际工作)

19. never more so than
定义: 再没有比...更...
例句: There has always been an interest in genetic cloning, but never more so than in recent years. (人们对基因复制的兴趣一直都有, 但没有比近年来更热烈)

20. never offer to teach fish to swim
定义: 不要班门弄斧.
例句: Never offer to teach fish to swim. Your kids are more likely know more about social media than you do. (别班门弄斧了. 你的小孩很可能比你对社交媒体了解得更多)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客