royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 775

帖子 royl » 周五 12月 07, 2018 2:59 pm

二十笔实用成语 775

01. never once
定义: 从未, 一次都没有.
例句: I've never once felt safe on campus walking alone at night. (我从来都不觉得晚上在校园内单独地走动是安全的)

02. never say die
定义: 永不言败, 决不放弃或沮丧.
例句: Set your goals and try to achieve them. Work hard and never say die. (设定你的目标, 尽力去达成它们. 努力工作, 永不言败)

03. never say never
定义: 别说不可能, 没有不可能的事, 任何事都会发生.
例句: "I'll never be good enough to make the team." "Never say never. Just keep practicing and see what happens." ("我永远也不可能达到成为队员的标准." "没有什么不可能的事. 只要不停地练习再看看事情的发展.")

04. never set the Thames on fire
定义: 庸庸碌碌, 不会做出一番大事.
例句: There's no doubt about it that Rod works hard, but he'll never set the Thames on fire. (毫无疑问罗德工作很努力, 但他决不会干出一番大事)

05. never so much as
定义: 甚至连...都不. (注: 意指某人应做的事却没去做; 常用于某人受人帮助却连一点感激的表示都没做)
例句: She never so much as thanked me for my help. (对我的帮助, 她却连谢字都不说一声)

06. never the twain shall meet
定义: 风马牛不相及; 分得清清楚楚; 不可混淆.
例句: As far as he's concerned, work is work, family life is family life, and never the twain shall meet. (对于他来说, 工作是工作, 家庭生活是家庭生活, 两者分得清清楚楚)

07. never the wiser
定义: 一无所知, 依然无所察觉.
例句: I secretly cleaning out their toys after the kids were asleep and dropped them off at a charity and hope the kids were never the wiser. (我在我孩子们睡觉之后偷偷地清理他们的玩具再把它们送交给慈善机构并且希望孩子们依然无所察觉)

08. never thought for a moment ...
定义: 从未想到...
例句: I never thought for a moment that one day I could get a scholarship to study abroad. (我从来就没想到我会有一天取得一份奖学金去国外留学)

09. never touch a drop
定义: 滴酒不沾.
例句: The 24-year-old young man has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life. (这名二十四岁年轻人他一辈子都没沾过一滴酒. 注: 读了这么多的英语句子, 你可能已经注意到使用连字符号将数个文字组成的一个形容词, 例如本句的24-year-old=二十四岁的)

10. never you mind
定义: 跟你没关; 没你的事.
例句: "Hey honey, what are you wrapping in there?" "Never you mind! It's not for prying eyes." ("嘿亲爱的, 你在包装什么东西?" "跟你没关! 不准偷看. ")

11. never/not dream of
定义: 没想到, 不会考虑, 想都不会想, 不敢奢求.
例句: I've never dreamed of being rich. I've been happy with my life as it is – able to pay bills and have enough left over to do things I want. (我从不梦想成为富有. 我一直满意我现在的生活– 有能力付账, 有足够多余的钱做自己想要做的事)

12. never/not hear the end of it
定义: 没完没了, 被不停地提醒, 一直重复被提及.
例句: I let him win one time at a game of chess and now I never hear the end of it. (我就让他赢我一盘棋, 好了他现在没完没了, 不停地提起他赢棋的事情)

13. never/not miss a trick
定义: 善于把握机会; 善用情势; 决不放弃赚钱机会.
例句: Did you really try to make a quick buck during the hurricane? You never miss a trick, do you? (你真想要利用台风期间赚一笔外快吗? 你从不放弃赚钱的机会, 是不是?)

14. never-never land, a
定义: 幻想, 梦幻美妙的地方.
例句: Those two jokers may be happy in their never-never land, but it's time they recognized reality. (这两个蠢蛋也许在他们的美妙幻境里活得很惬意, 但现在该是他们面对现实的时候啦)

15. new ball game, a (whole)
定义: 全新不一样的状况.
例句: Living away from home is a whole new ballgame for most young adults. (对大部分的刚成年的人来说, 离开家住在别的地方是一个截然不同的情况)

16. new broom sweeps clean, a
定义: 新官上任三把火, 一个新领导人或政府除旧布新.
例句: The new teacher immediately flunked three of the laziest students. "A new broom sweeps clean," one of the students shrugged. (这位新来的老师立即评定三个最懒的学生不及格. "新官上任三把火," 一名学生耸了耸肩说了这句话)

17. new kid on the block, the
定义: 新来的孩子; 新手上路; 新进人员有许多要学或适应的.
例句: We moved around the country a lot when I was growing up, so I was always the new kid on the block in school. (在我成长的时候, 我们家经常在全国各地搬迁, 因此我总是学校里那个新来的孩子)

18. new lease on/of life, a
定义: 新的生机, 重新人生开始.
例句: The promotion gave him a new lease on life. (这次升迁给了他一个人生的新开始)

19. new money, a
定义: 自己赚来的财富, 不是祖传的财富.
例句: Bill's got a million or two – it's mostly new money. (比尔新取得的一两百万财富 – 大多是他自己赚来的钱)

20. new sheriff in town, a
定义: 新官上任.
例句: There's a new sheriff in town, and don't mess with Sheriff Jack! (一位新官刚上任, 千万别去惹杰克警长!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 63 访客