请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 782

帖子 royl » 周三 1月 02, 2019 1:15 pm

二十笔实用成语 782

01. No one can tell for sure whether it will happen.
[成语句型]没有人确定这件事会还是不会发生.

02. no one accused you of anything
定义: 没有人指控你任何事.
例句: You've got to go prove your innocence even though no one's accused you of anything. (即使没有人指控你任何事情, 你必须要证明你的无辜)

03. no one is above the law
定义: 无人能凌驾法律之上, 无人能免于法律制裁. (注: above the law: 凌驾法律之上)
例句: This reinforces the concept that "no one is above the law." This notion became part and parcel of who we are as a nation. (这就可以强化"无人能凌驾法律之上"的观念. 而这个观点便是我们的立国之本)

04. no one knows
定义: 没有人知道.
例句: As for why no one saw it coming and sounded the alarm to warn everyone in building, no ones knows. (至于为什么没人看见它的来临并且发出警讯来警告大楼里的每个人, 没有人知道)

05. No one seems to get it.
[成语句型]似乎没人明白这句话.

06. No one will be any the wiser.
[成语句型]不说没有人会知道, 没有人会看出有何异状或有人动手脚.

07. no pain, no gain
定义: 没有牺牲或努力耕耘就没有收获.
例句: I know these training sessions are hard work, but you've got to do it if you want to be a contender for the championship. No pain, no gain! (我知道这些训练课程是繁重的工作, 但是你必须要接受这些训练如果你想要成为这次锦标赛竞争者的话. 没有努力耕耘就没有收获!)

08. no percentage
定义: 没用, 不会成功.
例句: There's no percentage in arguing with them. They'll never change their minds. (跟他们争论是没有用的. 他们决不会改变他们的主意)

09. no picnic, be
定义: 不是好玩的, 不是轻松的.
例句: I love kids, but watching 20 of them at once is no picnic, believe me! (我虽然喜欢小朋友, 但一次看顾二十名小朋友可不是轻松的, 相信我!)

10. no place for, be
定义: 不属于, 不适于, 不被允许, 不被容忍.
例句: There is no place for racism in our society. (在我们的社会, 种族歧视是不被容忍的)

11. no place to go, to have
定义: 无处容身, 无处可去.
例句: I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday. I had no place to go, so I just show up at the house, and hang out with Aunt Lily. (我跟我的女友昨天分手了. 我无处可去, 所以我才回家跟莉莉姑妈待在一起)

12. no point in ..., be
定义: 没有意义做某事或谈论某事.
例句: There's no point crying over spilled milk. (为已犯的错误而难过是没有意义的)

13. no problem
定义: 没事; 没问题; 别客气; 可以的.
例句: "I would like to pay with my credit card." "No problem." ("我想要用信用卡来支付." "可以啊.")

14. no pun intended
定义: 并非一语双关. (注: 其实它带有两个意思: 1. 虽然我话中有话, 请不要过度联想, 扭曲我的原意; 2. 虽然我话中有话, 我故意提醒你请不要产生联想, 其实我要你产生联想并扭曲我的原意)
例句: She's a skillful pilot whose career has – no pun intended – really taken off. (她是一位技术精湛的飞行员, 她的生涯 – 并非一语双关 – 真得是一飞冲天)

15. no question that, there's
定义: 毫无疑问的, 确定的.
例句: If you ask me, there's no question that there is something fishy going on with the company's cash flow. (如果你问我的话, 这家公司的现金流动肯定有猫腻)

16. no questions asked
定义: 不会问你理由, 不会为难你.
例句: If he returns the stolen car, there will be no questions asked. (如果他归还这辆失窃的汽车, 不会有人为难他)

17. no rest for the wicked, there's
定义: 有做不完的工作; 欲罢不能, 你必须继续工作虽然你想停下来; 跟邪恶的人不会和平.
例句: Well, it's been nice talking to you, but I really must go. No rest for the wicked! (好了, 跟你聊天很开心, 但我真的要离开了. 唉呀, 工作永远做不完啊!)

18. no rhyme or reason; neither rhyme nor reason
定义: 不合理, 毫无章法可言, 没头没脑.
例句: His symptoms appear and disappear apparently without rhyme or reason. (显然地, 他的症状出现和消失毫无章法可言)

19. no room for, there's
定义: 没有空间接受..., 没有接受...余地; 不被允许, 不被容忍.
例句: In a small company like this, there is no room for laziness. (在这种小公司里, 懒惰是不会被容忍的)

20. no room to swing a cat, there's
定义: 地方狭窄; 拥挤的空间; 鸽子笼般的空间.
例句: Many families are forced to live in tiny apartments that have no room to swing a cat. (许多家庭被迫生活在像鸽子笼一般的狭小公寓里)
图片
只有一百平方英呎大小的纽约超小型公寓

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客