royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十筆實用成語 784

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 07, 2019 2:56 pm

二十筆實用成語 784

01. no thanks to ...
定義: 雖然不是...的因素所促成的, 並非...所幫助的.
例句: It's no thanks to you that we arrived on time. Because you kept wanting to stop! (我們準時到達並不是你的因素所造成的. 因為你一直想要停下來!)

02. no thought has been given to ...
定義: 還沒想過...; 還沒考慮過...; 對...忽視.
例句: Unfortunately, no thought has been given to the problem of dads and depression for decades at a huge cost to kids. (不幸的是, 幾十年來對父親們和他們精神抑鬱問題的忽視也對孩子們造成了巨大的損害. 注: 意指父母離異之後, 法律上一直重視母親的福祉但忽視了父親的福祉和父子之間的親情)

03. no time for ..., to have
定義: 對...沒興趣; 不喜歡; 厭惡; 不想浪費時間在...上.
例句: I have no time for people who belittle or harass others for their own enjoyment. (我厭惡那些以貶低別人或折磨別人為樂的人們)

04. no time like the present, there's
定義: 此即其時. 時機不可失, 最好現在做.
例句: "When do you want me to start cleaning the house?" "Well, there's no time like the present." ("你要我什麼時候開始清理這棟房子?" "其實, 最好現在做.")

05. no time to lose, there's
定義: 時間非常緊迫; 再也不能浪費時間了; 不快一點就做不完.
例句: Speed up, guys, we have no time to lose if we want to make this flight! (快一點, 夥計們,如果我們想要趕上這班飛機的話, 我們不能浪費時間了!)

06. no tree grows to the sky
定義: [俗語]成長不會是沒有限制的, 遲早會停止的.
例句: Yes, we're growing by 30 percent a year now, but no tree grows to the sky. (是的, 今年我們的成長率是百分之三十, 但是成長不會是無限制地繼續下去的)

07. no truth to it, there's
定義: 不是真實的, 全是假話.
例句: When Gary tells you about his hiking adventures, don't believe a word. There's no truth to it! (當蓋瑞告訴你有關他的登山冒險故事的時候, 千萬別相他. 他說的全是假話!)

08. no two people are the same
定義: [俗語]每個人都不一樣.
例句: No two people are the same as far as their backgrounds, beliefs or religious practices are concerned. People need to know that being different is OK. (每個人的背景, 觀點或宗教信仰都不一樣. 人們須要瞭解與別人不一樣是正常的)
图片
人們須要瞭解與別人不一樣是正常的

09. no use to man or beast, be
定義: 毫無用處的.
例句: I admire the intelligence with which you argue your points, friend, but unless you're willing to put your words into action, I'm afraid your reasoning is of no use to man or beast. (我欣賞你辯護你觀點所顯現出的機智, 朋友, 但除非你願意把你的話語付諸於行動, 否則我恐怕你的邏輯思考毫無用處)

10. no way in hell, there's
定義: 決不, 當然不, 一點也不.
例句: There is no way in hell I'm paying you out of my pocket when I have insurance coverage! (我都已經有保險可以理賠了, 我決不會掏自己私人腰包付錢給你!)

11. no way out, there's
定義: 走頭無路; 找不到出路; 無法脫離困境.
例句: I'm in a dilemma, and can see no way out. (我身陷兩難的困境, 我看不到出路)

12. no way, Jose
定義: 決不行, 當然不, 一點也不.
例句: No way, Jose! I'm not falling for that old scam again. (不行! 我才不會再上你的洋當了)
图片
我才不會再上你的當了

13. nowhere to be found
定義: 尋遍各處都找不到.
例句: I swear I was just holding them in my hand, but now my keys are nowhere to be found! (我發誓我剛剛還拿著它們在手裡, 但是現在我的鑰匙卻尋遍各處都找不到!)

14. in a no-win situation
定義: 怎麼做都不討好或贏不了的情況; 兩面都不討好的困境.
例句: He's in a no-win situation. Whatever he does, people will criticize him. (他處在一個怎麼做都不討好的情況. 不管他怎麼做, 總是有人會挑剔他)

15. no wonder
定義: 難怪, 一點不令人驚訝.
例句: No wonder he is so tired after staying up all night. (難怪他這麼疲勞, 他昨夜一晚都沒睡覺)

16. No wonder he was late for it was foggy this morning.
[成語句型]難怪他遲到因為早上起了大霧.

17. no word from someone
定義: 還沒聽到某人的回應, 回音或消息.
例句: Two years have passed and I've still heard no word from him. I'm not able to reach him because he has had a new number since he left, new address, new job, and new everything. (兩年過去了, 我還沒聽到他的消息. 因為自從他離開之後, 他換了新的電話, 新地址, 新工作和新的一切, 我沒法聯繫他)

18. no worse than ..., be
定義: 跟...差不多, 不比...還差或更糟.
例句: The younger generation such as yours is no worse than mine. We were just as ignorant and repulsive as you are. (你們這些年青的一代和我們這一代都差不多. 我們跟你們一樣地無知和讓人討厭)

19. no you won't
定義: 不! 你不能! 你不行!
例句: No you won't drive because you've had a few. I'm not going to let you risk your life. I'm calling a cab and sending you home. (不! 你不行開車因為你喝多了. 我不會讓你危害你的生命. 我要給你叫一部計程車把你送回家)

20. no! not again
定義: 不! 別再發生. 不! 別又來了.
例句: No! Not again! I can't take it anymore! (不! 別又來了! 我再也受不了了!)
图片
不! 別又來了!

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 61 访客