royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 787

帖子 royl » 周四 1月 17, 2019 4:31 pm

二十笔实用成语 787

01. not a bad one
定义: 真不赖, 真不错.
例句: This hotel is not a bad one but it stole my credit card info and put fraudulent charges on my card. (这家旅馆真不错, 但它偷了我信用卡资料并且在我信用卡上还加了几笔虚假费用)

02. not a bad sort
定义: 不是坏人.
例句: John has his flaws, but he's not a bad sort. I think he just rubs people the wrong way sometimes. (约翰虽然有他的缺点, 但他不是个坏人. 我认为他只是有时候无意中激怒了别人)

03. not a bit (of it)
定义: 不客气; 一点都不.
例句: You'd probably think he'd be tired after the journey but not a bit of it! (你也许会认为他这次出游回来之后累坏了但他一点都不疲惫!)

04. not a blind bit
定义: [英国]一点都没有, 根本不, 完全不.
例句: It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me whether you do it now or this weekend. I just want it done! (你现在做或等到周末再做对我来说根本没差别. 我只想要把它做完!)

05. not a chance (in hell)
定义: 一点机会都没有; 绝不会发生; 绝不可能.
例句: Me lend you money? Not a chance in hell! (我借你钱? 绝不可能!)
图片
绝不可能!

06. not a few
定义: 很多, 真不少.
例句: This sentiment is shared by not a few, many of whom are committed to the belief that country comes first. (许多人都持有这种看法, 其中许多人坚决相信国家利益至上)

07. not a ghost of a chance
定义: 毫无希望, 一点机会都没有.
例句: Even though he knows he hasn't got a ghost of a chance of winning the lottery, he still buys a ticket every week. (即使他明明知道他中奖的机会极为渺茫, 他仍然每个星期买一张奖券)
图片
美国奖券或称彩票有许多种, Mega Millions是其中的一种

08. not a good thing
定义: 不是一件好事.
例句: Sometimes we have to lie to people, but it's not a good thing to do, at least I wouldn't like to hear people lying to me. (有时候我们不得不跟别人说假话, 但它不是一件好事, 起码我不喜欢别人跟我撒谎)

09. not a hope in hell
定义: 绝不会或毫无希望发生某事.
例句: There's not a hope in hell that you'll find me living in this town after I graduate. (你绝不会看到我在毕业之后还住在这个城市)

10. not a hundred percent
定义: 不是百分百, 不完全地.
例句: I'm not a hundred percent sure he did it, by the look of it he might have, or on the other hand he might have not. (我不能完全确定他做了这件事, 从表面看上去他可能做了, 然而从另一角度来看他可能没做)

11. not a joking/laughing matter, be
定义: 可不是闹着玩的, 正经的事.
例句: This is not a joking matter. This is something that can get you into serious trouble. (这可不是闹着玩的. 这是件会给你带来严重麻烦的事情)

12. not a jot of
定义: 毫无, 一点都没有.
例句: I worked all of that overtime and didn't get a jot of extra cash for my efforts. (我做了那么多的加班工作却没有给我付出的努力带来一丁点的额外收入)

13. not a living soul
定义: 一个人都没有, 都没出现.
例句: The new building is very nice, though I didn't see a soul when I dropped by in the middle of the day. (这栋新建筑很不错, 但中午时分我顺道到这儿逛的时候, 我一个人都没看到)

14. not a minute/moment too soon; not a moment to spare
定义: 及时, 恰到其时, 正好赶上, 再迟就来不及.
例句: The police arrived not a moment too soon, and the would-be burglar was apprehended before anything could be stolen. (警方正好及时赶到, 在任何东西被盗窃之前, 这名想要当贼的人已经被逮捕了)

15. not a patch on ..., be
定义: 没有...一样好, 比不上...
例句: I loved my old computer. This new one is not a patch on it. (我喜爱我的老电脑. 这台新电脑根本没法跟它比)

16. not a peep from/out of (someone)
定义: 没人说一句反对话/公道话; 没有一点声音或消息.
例句: There wasn't a peep from the students for the rest of the class after I sent Johnny to detention. (在我打发强尼放学后留在学校之后, 所有其他学生都默不作声)

17. not a prayer
定义: 毫无希望, 一点机会都没有.
例句: If you don't seek help from the conductor, you won't have a prayer of arriving there on time. (如果你不向列车员求助的话, 你完全没有希望准时到达那里)
图片
列车员/查票员

18. not a pretty sight
定义: 惨不忍睹.
例句: Did you see the boss tearing into Tom? Oof, not a pretty sight! (你看到了老板痛斥汤姆吗? 噢, 真是惨不忍睹呀!)

19. not a question of ..., be
定义: 问题不是...; 与...无关紧要.
例句: It's not a question of money; it's much more a question of principle. (它不是钱的问题; 它更应视为一个原则问题)

20. not a shred of evidence
定义: 没有丝毫证据.
例句: There is not a shred of evidence to support his claim. (没有一丝一毫证据足以证明他的说法是正确的)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 63 访客