royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 788

帖子 royl » 周日 1月 20, 2019 8:27 pm

二十笔实用成语 788

01. not a snowball's chance in hell
定义: 毫无希望, 一点机会都没有.
例句: Look at this traffic! I'm afraid we haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of getting to the airport in time. (看看这个交通状况! 我恐怕我们准时到达机场是毫无希望了)

02. not a whit
定义: 一点都不.
例句: I care not a whit about what other people think about me. (我一点都不在乎别人对我的看法)

03. not a word
定义: 安静; 别讲话; 不讲话; 别告诉别人; 别说出去.
例句: Not a word! I'm sick of listening to your excuses. (别讲话! 你的理由我都听厌了)

04. not able to, be
定义: 不能, 力有未逮.
例句: If you're not able to concentrate on the job you are bound to mess up or make more work for yourself. (如果你不能够专心工作的话, 你肯定会出纰漏或者工作越做越多)

05. not about to, be
定义: 不会, 不准备或不愿意去(做某事).
例句: I was not about to give ground on the insults, calling me "a terrible person" and "hope you have a painful Christmas" etc. (我可不准备对这些骂我"一个烂人"和"希望你过一个痛苦的圣诞节"等等的辱骂退让)

06. not add up to much, to
定义: 不贵; 价值不大; 不值一顾; 不重要.
例句: But if potential customers can't see your message then all your efforts don't add up to much. (但是如果潜在客户没法看到你的讯息的话, 那你一切的努力都变成一文不值)

07. not all bad
定义: 并非全不好, 并非全错, 并非全那么遭.
例句: Cheese is high in fat, salt, and calories, but, natural cheeses contain important nutrients. Just enjoy cheese in moderation; it's not all bad for you. (乳酪富涵脂肪, 盐分, 和热量, 但是, 天然乳酪含有重要营养素. 只要适度享用乳酪便可; 它对你并不是全都不好)

08. not all beer and skittles, be
定义: [英国]并不全是好玩的. (注: 意指某个差事或活动有乐也有苦)
例句: Just because we get good perks doesn't mean this job is all beer and skittles. (只因为我们享受不错的员工福利并不代表这个工作是轻松愉快的)

09. not all it's cracked up to be, be
定义: 并不是人家说得那么好的.
例句: The restaurant wasn't all it's cracked up to be. (这家餐馆没有人家说得那么好)

10. not all roses, be
定义: 并非尽如人意的, 并非完全顺利的.
例句: We have a really good marriage, but it's not all roses. There are a few issues we're always working on. (我们的婚姻是圆满的, 但并非尽如人意. 我们一直在努力克服两人中的一些争执)

11. not all that + 形容词 ..., be
定义: 并不很..., 并不那么...
例句: She was not all that beautiful, but she looked so attractive in that tight sweater. (她并不是那么漂亮, 但她穿着那件紧身毛衣看起来好迷人)

12. not all there, be
定义: 古怪, 怪异; 傻不拉唧, 少根筋, 学得慢.
例句: "Look at that guy talking to himself on the corner." "I reckon he's not all there." ("你看那个站在角落自言自语的人." "我觉得他傻不拉唧的. ")

13. not far into the future
定义: 不久的将来.
例句: Not far into the future, the Smart Grid is regarded as the next generation power grid. (不久的将来, 智能电力网将被视为新一代的电力网)
图片
智能电力网

14. not amused, one is
定义: 并不觉得好笑或有趣.
例句: Sasha rolls her eyes at her brother, not amused by his teasing. (莎夏跟她弟弟翻白眼, 对他的揶揄并不觉得有趣)
图片
翻白眼

15. not an/one iota of truth, there's
定义: 没一点是真的, 一派谎言.
例句: There is not one iota of truth to the story. (这条新闻报导全是一派谎言)

16. not an option
定义: 不可行; 不被允许; 不是个明智的选择; 不是个办法.
例句: I agree with you quitting is not an option for it can become a habit. (我同意你的看法, 放弃不是个办法因为它一旦成了习惯便很难改变)

17. not any closer than when we started, be
定义: 没一点进展, 工作呈胶着状态的.
例句: We've spent the past week running around in circles, and we're not any closer than when we started. (过去一个星期里我们一直在绕圈子, 我们毫无一点进展)

18. no good/not much good/not any good, be
定义: 没用, 没效, 没意思, 没希望.
例句: You can try all the hair care tips on the internet but they wouldn't do you any good if you don't know what type of hair you have. (你可以试用所有网上建议的护发妙方, 但它们不会有什么效果的如果你不知道你的头发属于什么样发质的话)

19. not any longer
定义: 不再, 不用了, 再也不, 不能再.
例句: Oh, the Smiths don't live there any longer, they moved last year. (噢, 史密斯一家不再住那儿了, 他们去年搬走了)

20. not any more
定义: 不再, 不用了, 再也不, 不能再.
例句: "This cup of coffee you asked me to bring you looks cold. Do you still want it?" "Not anymore." ("这杯你要我带给你的咖啡看样子冷了. 你还要喝吗?" "不用了.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 49 访客