请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 789

帖子 royl » 周四 1月 24, 2019 4:45 am

二十笔实用成语 789

01. not anything like, be; not anywhere near, be; nothing like, be; nowhere near, be
定义: 大不一样; 相当不一样; 差得远了.
例句: This design isn't anything like what I had in mind. You'll have to just start over again. (这件设计图跟我所想像的差得远了. 你必须再重新设计一份)

02. not as bad as you think, be
定义: 不是你想得那么糟糕.
例句: The restaurant is not as bad as you think. You ought to try some of their tempting appetizers. (这家餐馆并不是你想得那么糟糕. 你应该尝一尝他们令人垂涎的开胃菜)

03. not as if/though
定义: 并不像, 并不是.
例句: I'm just holding onto the funds until her new bank is set up. It isn't as though I'm going to keep them for myself! (我只是帮她看好这些资金直到她新的银行帐户设立好为止. 并不是我要把她的钱占为己有!)

04. not at all
定义: 一点不是, 一点都没有; (当别人感激时)不客气, 一点不麻烦.
例句: "Thank you for helping us find our dog," Dad said. "Not at all," the man replied. (爸爸说, "谢谢你帮我们寻找我们家的狗." 这人回答, "别客气. ")

05. not at any price
定义: 不论任何再高的价钱都不干.
例句: "What about applying a job there?" "Not at any price. That's the last thing I'll ever do." ("在那里申请一份工作怎么样?" "再高的薪水也不干. 我最不想的就去那儿找工作.")

06. not at someone's expense
定义: 不要拿别人开玩笑或寻开心; 不要由别人付钱或牺牲.
例句: Well, I don't appreciate this kind of humor, not at my expense! (哎, 我就不喜欢这种幽默, 别拿我来寻开心!)

07. not bad (at all)
定义: 很好嘛, 真不赖.
例句: Tell you what, this meal, it's not bad. In fact, it's not bad at all! (告诉你吧, 这顿饭真不赖. 实际上, 好得不得了!)

08. not bat an eyelid
定义: 冷静镇定; 面不改色; 不露声色; 眼睛都不眨一下.
例句: Mary didn't even bat an eyelid when I told her I was moving out. (当我告诉她我要搬出去的时候, 玛丽冷静镇定, 完全不露声色)
图片
面不改色

09. not be caught/seen dead, would
定义: 不屑做某事, 不屑与...有关联.
例句: I wouldn't be seen dead wearing that T-shirt. You can burn it for all I care. (我打死也不会穿那件T恤. 你把它烧掉了我也不在乎)

10. not just a pretty face, be
定义: 不只是一张漂亮的脸孔; 并不是件花瓶. (注: 意指某人才艺学问足够才能得到工作或地位并不是靠容貌)
例句: Sure I know how to fix your computer. I'm not just a pretty face, you know! (我当然知道怎么修理你的电脑. 你要知道, 我不只是一张漂亮的脸孔!)

11. not one's day
定义: 不顺利; 运气不佳; 压力太大; 表现失常; 碰上意想不到的困难.
例句: I'm sorry, sweetie, I know you studied hard for that test. It just wasn't your day. (抱歉, 甜心, 我知道你为了准备这场考试很努力用功. 只是你这次表现失常)

12. not one's scene
定义: 不合胃口, 兴趣或喜好; 不是某人的特长.
例句: "Do you want to come with me to the concert this Saturday?" "No thanks, heavy metal isn't my scene." ("你要不要跟我一起去看星期六的音乐会?" "不了谢谢,我不喜欢重金属摇滚乐.")
图片
重金属摇滚乐团

13. not your bag
定义: 不合胃口, 兴趣或喜好.
例句: Thank you for the invitation, but long-distance cycling just isn't really my bag. (谢谢你的邀请, 但我不喜欢长途骑自行车)
图片
长途骑自行车

14. not believe a word of it, to
定义: 一句都不信, 一派谎言.
例句: He told me Sheila was just an ordinary friend, but I don't believe a word of it! (他告诉我席拉只是一名普通朋友, 但我一句都不信!)

15. not believe your own eyes/ears
定义: 真不敢相信自己所看/听到的; 难以置信; 令人惊讶.
例句: I couldn't believe my own eyes when the movie star walked in. (当这位电影名星走进来的时候, 我真不敢相信我居然看到她本人)

16. not born yesterday
定义: 没那么幼稚或没经验, 还是有能力辨别是非与胜任工作.
例句: Don't think you can fool me with that old ruse, I wasn't born yesterday, you know. (别以为你那老套诡计还能唬弄我, 你要知道, 我可不是那么幼稚没经验的)

17. not bother one's head about ..., to
定义: 不担心..., 不烦恼...
例句: I think this issue will resolve itself quickly, so I'm not going to bother my head about it. (我认为这个问题会很快自行解决, 所以我才不会为此烦恼)

18. not bother with it, to
定义: 不想做这件事; 不愿为这事费心.
例句: It takes great amount of work and money, and this is why many people don't bother with it. (它需要巨量人力和财力的投入才行, 这就是为什么很多人都不愿做这件事)

19. not breathe a word, to
定义: 别吐露一字, 别露秘密.
例句: I was told not to breathe a word, but I knew I had to tell someone about such serious allegations. (我被告知不准吐露一字, 但我知道我必须告诉别人有关这些如此严重的指控)

20. not budge/give/move an inch, to
定义: 坚持立场, 寸步不让.
例句: We asked the manager to bend the rules a little bit, but he wouldn't budge an inch. (我们请求这位经理通融一下, 但他一点都不让步)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 65 访客