royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 790

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 28, 2019 2:04 pm

二十笔实用成语 790

01. not built that way, be
定义: 性格或体格不适合; 不是这种人; 没有这种倾向.
例句: You're going to get him hurt having him carry so much stuff. He's just not built that way! (你要他肩负这么多的重物会对他造成伤害的. 他的体格承受不了这些重担!)

02. not by a long chalk/shot/sight
定义: 一点不, 决不可能, 无丝毫成功机会.
例句: That horse won't win, not by a long shot. She's old and slow. (那匹马毫无机会赢得竞赛. 她又老又慢)
图片
40岁高龄的老马(马匹的平均寿命是25至30年)

03. not by any means
定义: 一点不, 决不可能, 无丝毫成功机会.
例句: "Tell me the truth: you thought that the play was awful." "Not by any means! It wasn't perfect, but I definitely enjoyed it." ("告诉我实话: 你认为这出戏糟透了." "一点都不糟! 它虽然不是十全十美但我看得很过瘾.")

04. not by any stretch of the imagination
定义: 决不, 肯定不, 绝对不是.
例句: Gigi wasn't his only girlfriend, not by any stretch of the imagination. (琪琪绝对不是他惟一的女友. 注: 意指他有两名以上的女朋友)

05. not called for, be
定义: 无端挑衅的; 过份的; 没必要的; 没道理; 不适当的.
例句: His rude behavior was not called for! (他这个粗鲁的行为太过份了!)

06. not care a fig/hoot/jot/sod/toss/for/tuppence, to
定义: 不理不睬, 不在乎, 认为某人某事与物不重要.
例句: I don't care a hoot about making money, I just want to do something with my life that makes life better for others. (我不在乎赚钱, 我只想在我有生之年造福他人)

07. not cut out for ..., be
定义: 不是做...的材料, 不适合做某件事.
例句: I'm sorry, but I quit. I'm just not cut out for dealing with customer complaints. (抱歉, 但我不干了. 我真的不适合做处理客人投诉的工作)

08. not do a hand's turn, to
定义: [英国]袖手旁观; 什么事都不做; 一点忙都不帮.
例句: You haven't done a hand's turn since you moved in, so it's your job to clean the whole house this weekend! (自从你搬进来之后你什么事都没做, 所以你这个周末的工作是清理整栋房子)

09. not do anything/things by halves, to
定义: 做事力求完美彻底.
例句: Of course Stephanie always gets straight A's. She just can't do things by halves. (斯黛芬妮当然总是拿全A优等成绩. 她就是一个力求完美的人)

10. not doing one's job
定义: 怠忽职守; 不尽职; 没有恪尽职守; 没做应该做的事.
例句: Tom was supposed to make sure the working area is neat, but it looks like he was not doing his job. (汤姆本应当确保工作区域的整洁干净, 然而看样子他没有恪尽职守)

11. not done a good job, to have
定义: 没做好(某工作); 怠忽职守; 没有尽职.
例句: My teacher had not done a good job explaining how to write an essay and I had no idea what to do. (我老师没有做好教导我们如何写作一篇论文的工作, 我真不知道怎么写论文)

12. not enough ... to go around, to have
定义: 没有足够的...分给每个人.
例句: There were not enough chairs to go around, so some of us sat on the floor. (没有足够的椅子给每个人坐, 因此我们有些人只好坐在地上)

13. not enough room to swing a cat, to have
定义: 空间太狭窄, 没有回旋空间.
例句: How can you work in a small room like this? There's not enough room to swing a cat. (你怎么能够在这么狭小的房间里工作? 这个房间太狭窄, 没有回旋空间)
图片
狭小的办公室

14. Not every man is born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
[成语句型]不是每个人都出身富贵豪门.

15. not exactly
定义: 一点都不; 不见得; 并非如此.
例句: "So he told you you'd got the job?" "Not exactly, but he said they were very impressed with me." ("所以他告诉你你取得了这份工作了?" "他并没这么说, 但是他说他们对我的印象很好.")

16. not exactly what I had in mind
定义: 并不是我想要的; 并不是我想要做的.
例句: This is not exactly what I had in mind, but it seems close enough. (这并不是我想要的, 但它好像已经相当接近了)

17. not feel oneself
定义: 感觉不适, 不舒服.
例句: I'm not feeling myself these days. I'm tired all the time. (这几天我感觉不舒服. 我一直疲倦乏力)

18. not feeling a hundred percent, be
定义: 仍感到不适或不舒服; 没有完全康复或痊愈.
例句: I'm better than I was last week but I'm still not feeling a hundred percent. (我现在的状况比上星期要好一些但还没有完全康复)

19. not fit in, to
定义: 与...格格不入; 无法融入; 不被人接受.
例句: All of the people on my floor seem to have their own small groups already, and I don't think I can fit in with them. (我这一层楼的人都似乎已经有了他们自己的小圈圈,我觉得自己跟他们格格不入)

20. not fit to hold a candle to ..., be
定义: 根本比不上..., 比...差多了.
例句: The movie sequel wasn't bad, but it can't hold a candle to the original. (这部电影续集还不错, 但跟它的第一部电影比就差多了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 44 访客