回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 794

帖子 royl » 周三 2月 06, 2019 1:08 pm

二十笔实用成语 794

01. not in one's interest to
定义: 不符合某人的利益; 对某人没好处; 对某人没帮助. (注: 意指某人不会去做这件事因为对他没好处)
例句: It's not in our interest to pour money into a bottomless pit where we'll never see a return on it. (把金钱投入无底坑而我们永远看不见投资回报乃是不符合我们的利益)

02. not in one's line
定义: 不在一人工作或兴趣范围内的.
例句: I'd love to help, but telephone solicitation is not in my line. (我很乐意帮忙, 但我对电话促销没兴趣)

03. not in one's right mind, be
定义: 神智不清醒, 神智不正常.
例句: There's something wrong with him. He seems not in his right mind. (他有些不对劲. 他似乎神智不正常)

04. not in the least/slightest/smallest/tiniest (bit)
定义: 决不, 丝毫不, 一点都不.
例句: "Do you mind if I tag along with you guys to the beach?" "Not in the least!" ("如果我跟着你们一起去海滩玩你们介不介意?" "完全不介意!")

05. not in the mood, be
定义: 没心情, 不想, 兴致缺缺(去做某事).
例句: Please, I'm not in the mood for your jokes. (拜托, 我没心情听你的笑话)

06. not in the same breath/league/street as …
定义: 不如..., 不能跟...相比, 与...不是一个等级.
例句: It's fine to enjoy action movies, but how can you think they're in the same league as classics like Casablanca? (观赏动作电影是好的, 但你怎么会认为它们能够跟"北非谍影"之类的经典电影相比?)
图片
港台译为"北非谍影"是一部1942年底首映的爱情电影, 也是史上最成功的经典电影之一

07. not an/one iota of
定义: 没有一丝一毫的 ...
例句: I got not one iota of thanks for my efforts. (对我付出的努力, 我没有得到丝毫的感谢)

08. not just/only/merely
定义: 不仅是, 不只是, 不只, 不但. (注: 在此的just跟only同义, 所以not just就是not only)
例句: She's not just my friend, she's my lawyer. (她不只是我的朋友, 她还是我的律师)

09. not just any ...
定义: 不是随随便便或普通的... (注: 意指身份或品质特殊的...)
例句: They crossed the continent by car, and not just any car, but a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1. (他们驾车横贯这片大陆, 使用的不是一辆普普通通的车子, 而是一部1969年福特野马马赫一型跑车)
图片
1969年福特野马马赫一型跑车

10. not just anyone
定义: 不是随随便便任何人, 不是阿猫阿狗.
例句: Not just anyone can teach. I know from personal experience that many people have given it a go, but frankly, they just can't do it. (不是任何一个人都可以教学. 我从亲身的经验中学到, 许多人曾试着教学, 但老实说, 他们真的教不下去)

11. not just yet
定义: 不是现在, 还没好, 还要等一等.
例句: "Are you ready to leave?" "Not just yet." ("你准备要走了吗?" "还要再等一下.")

12. not know any better, to
定义: 年幼无知; 没人教, 不懂事; 并不知情.
例句: Don't get so mad at him for drawing on the walls. He's only three, he doesn't know any better. (好了, 就别为了他在墙壁上涂鸦生他这么大气了. 他才三岁, 他没人教所以不懂事)
图片
小朋友在墙壁上涂鸦

13. not know beans about ..., to
定义: 根本对...一无所知, 对...一窍不通.
例句: Don't ask me! I don't know beans about car repair. (别问我! 我对修理车子一窍不通)

14. not know how many beans make five, to
定义: 村夫愚妇一般的; 无知像傻子一样.
例句: Just because we live in a small rural village, she treats us all as if we don't know how many beans make five. (就因为我们住在小农村, 她把我们都当成村夫愚妇一般似的)

15. not know if one is coming or going, to
定义: 不知所措; 忙得晕头转向; 脑中一片混乱.
例句: I have so much to do that I don't know if I'm coming or going. (我有好多的事情要做, 我忙得晕头转向)

16. not know one is born, to
定义: 幸运地过着现代化的安逸生活, 不知过去的艰辛.
例句: Kids these days don't know they're born, being able to do many things with a tap of their smart-phones. (这年头小朋友们过着安逸生活, 不知过去的艰辛, 只要轻敲一下他们的智能手机就可以做许多事)
图片
使用智能手机处理私人银行交易

17. not know one's arse from one's elbow, to
定义: [不尊重语]什么都不知道.
例句: Don't take his word for it. He doesn't know his arse from his elbow. (别相信他的话, 他什么都不知道)

18. not know shit from Shinola, to
定义: [粗俗语]无知, 愚蠢.
例句: You don't know shit from Shinola about the current economic situation, and neither does your pampered friend. (你对目前的经济情况根本不了解, 你那个被宠坏的朋友也是一样)

19. not know someone from Adam, to
定义: 根本不认识这个人, 不知此人是谁.
例句: I don't blame them for not giving me the permission that I asked for right away. They didn't know me from Adam. (我不怪他们不马上给我所要求的许可. 因为他们根本不认识我)

20. not know the first thing about ..., to
定义: 根本对...一无所知, 对...一窍不通.
例句: I don't know the first thing about computers, so you'll have to explain this to me really slowly. (我对电脑一无所知, 所以你要跟我慢慢地解说这件东西)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 50 访客