回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 795

帖子 royl » 周六 2月 09, 2019 2:59 pm

二十笔实用成语 795

01. not know the meaning of the word, to
定义: 不了解某字的涵意; 某人的品性不具备某个特质; 某人从来没见过某一状况.
例句: Honesty? Ha! Tom doesn't know the meaning of the word! (诚实? 哈! 汤姆身上没有一丝一毫的诚实品性!)

02. not know what hit him, to
定义: 无预警地突发的某事造成震惊和困惑; 晴天霹雳令人不知所措.
例句: Tom didn't know what hit him when his girlfriend broke up with him without telling him why. (当他的女友跟他分手却不告诉他为什么的时候, 碰到这个晴天霹雳的情况, 汤姆真是不知所措)

03. not know where to put oneself or one's face, to
定义: 羞愧地无以自容; 着急地不知所措.
例句: I didn't know where to put myself. I felt uncomfortable for the rest of the evening and could not wait to leave. (我羞愧地无以自容. 我整个晚上感到很不自在, 迫不及待地想离开)

04. not know where to jump/turn, to
定义: 无所适从; 孤立无援; 不知向谁求助; 不知道该如何做.
例句: And so I found myself alone in Las Vegas, with no car, no cell phone, and no money. I didn't know where to turn. (于是我发现我自己孤身一人在拉斯维加斯, 没有车, 没有手机, 也没有钱. 我不知道该向谁求助才好)
图片
赌城拉斯维加斯

05. not know whether one is afoot or on horseback, to
定义: 不知所措, 弄得晕头转向, 脑中一片混乱, 无所适从.
例句: I've had such a long day that I don't know if I'm afoot or on horseback. I think I need to lie down! (我度过漫长忙碌的一天, 被弄得晕头转向. 我觉得我需要躺下来休息!)

06. not know which way to jump/turn, to
定义: 无所适从, 不知向谁求助, 不知道该如何做.
例句: Meg was distraught and did not know which way to jump after the sudden loss of her beloved pet dog. (自从她的心爱宠物狗突然走失后, 梅格变为忧心忡忡的, 也不知道该怎么做才好)

07. not lay a finger on someone or something, would
定义: 不会碰某人一根汗毛; 不会伤害某人或某物件.
例句: He was told by the police never to lay a finger on his wife again. (警察警告他再也不准对他妻子暴力相向)

08. not leave anything to chances
定义: 别冒任何风险, 不留任何破绽.
例句: Don't leave anything to chances. Take your destiny in your hands. Take action and be fully responsible. (别冒任何风险. 把自己的命运掌握在自己手中. 主动行动并且对自己行为完全负责)

09. not lift a finger, to
定义: 举手之劳都不肯, 不愿帮助人.
例句: Although he is a nice person he will never lift a finger to help anyone else. (虽然他是个好人, 他决不会付出举手之劳来帮助任何人)

10. not like that, be
定义: 不是这样的..., 不是这种人, 并不是如此.
例句: I know I used to be selfish, but I'm not like that anymore. (我知道我以前自私, 但我再也不是那种人了)

11. not likely!
定义: [惊叹语]决不可能! 我才不要!
例句: "Are you going to Jen's party this weekend?" "Not likely! She's been a total jerk to me lately." ("你这个周末要去珍的派对吗?" "我才不去! 她最近对我很不好.")

12. not long for this world, be
定义: 快要死亡, 来日不多.
例句: My car is not long for this world, so I'm going to have to start thinking about how I'm going to afford a new one. (我的车子快要死了, 我不得不要开始思考我该怎么办才能买得起一部新车)

13. not making any sense, be
定义: 令人不解, 没道理, 没什么意义.
例句: I've tried asking him but his explanations aren't making any sense. (我曾问过他但他的理由完全令人不解)

14. not many
定义: 不多, 少数.
例句: "How was the meeting this morning?" "Not many people showed up." ("今天早上的会议开得如何?" "没有多少人出席.")

15. not mean a damn (thing), to
定义: 完全没意义, 废物一个, 一文不值.
例句: His promises don't mean a damn thing to me. (他的承诺对我来说一文不值, 完全没意义)

16. not meet your expectations, to
定义: 令你失望, 未能达到你的期望.
例句: We'd heard so many good things about the new restaurant, but the food didn't meet our expectations at all. (我们听到了许多有关这家新开餐厅的好评, 但他们的食物让我们完全失望)

17. not mince words, to
定义: 直言无讳, 有话直说.
例句: He doesn't mince words, and he is able to talk about this in layman's terms that everyone can understand. (他有话直说, 而且他能够以外行大白话来谈论这件事使得大家都听得懂)

18. not miss a beat, to
定义: 毫不犹豫, 毫不停顿.
例句: Not missing a beat, she outlined all the reasons for her decision. (毫不停顿, 她概述所有帮助她下决定的理由)

19. not miss much, to
定义: 没有错过多少; 明察秋毫; 事情都看在眼里.
例句: "I didn't see that new movie that is showing at the theater." "You didn't miss much; it was pretty bad anyway." ("我没去看那部在戏院放映的新电影." "你没错过多少; 反正那是一部滥片子.")

20. not move a muscle, to
定义: 一动也别动.
例句: I didn't move a muscle when the large dog approached me on the street. (当街上那只大狗向我走近的时候, 我一动也没动)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客