royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 798

帖子 royl » 周六 2月 16, 2019 4:04 pm

二十笔实用成语 798

01. not right in the head, be
定义: [不尊重语]少了一根筋, 疯疯癫癫的, 笨笨的.
例句: Tim has been behaving very erratically lately. I'm afraid that accident has left him not quite right in the head. (提姆最近表现得非常古怪. 我恐怕是那场事故造成他疯疯癫癫的样子)

02. not say boo, to
定义: 一语不发, 保持沉默, 守口如瓶.
例句: I trust you didn't say boo to those coppers about the little side business we've been running here? (我相信你没告诉那些警官有关我们在这里经营的一点小副业吧? 注: 意指句中所提的"一点小副业"可能是个不合法的行径)

03. not say/utter a word, to
定义: 一语不发, 保持沉默, 守口如瓶.
例句: All the while our father was shouting at us, my sister and I didn't utter a word. (在我们老爸向我们大声喝斥的整段时间里, 我姊姊和我一语不发,保持缄默)

04. not scare easily, to
定义: 不容易受到惊吓; 没那么容易被人吓; 不容易被唬住.
例句: I'll go down and see what that noise was. I don't scare easily you know. (我会过去看一看那是什么声音. 我没那么容易被吓到, 你知道的)
图片
不容易被吓到

05. not see hide nor hair, to
定义: 有一阵子没看到某人, 事或物; 不见某人.
例句: I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since last Sunday, and I'm beginning to get worried. (从上个礼拜天之后我就再也没看见她了, 我开始担心她的安危)

06. not see someone for dust, to
定义: 逃得无影无踪; 迅速离开通常是要避免某人.
例句: If an angry pit bull were chasing me, you wouldn't see me for dust. (如果是一头愤怒的比特犬在追赶我的话, 我会逃得无影无踪的)
图片
一头愤怒的比特犬

07. not ... until after ..., be
定义: 在...之前是不会...; 在...之后才会...
例句: The cold engine cranks for about 7-10 seconds prior to starting, or will not start until after a few attempts. (寒冷的引擎需要七到十秒钟的时间容许启动马达推动曲轴才能发动起来, 或者说, 寒冷引擎在几次试图启动之后才能发动)
图片
启动马达
图片
飞轮

注: 引擎经由启动马达推动附在其上的飞轮再间接拉动曲轴才可发动起来

08. not short of a bob or two, be
定义: [英国]有得是钱, 不缺钱.
例句: I hear her father is not short of a bob or two, so I wouldn't be too worried about her future. (我听说她父亲有得是钱, 所以我对她的未来不会太担心)

09. not show up for work
定义: 没来上班.
例句: A man hasn't shown up for work for six years and nobody noticed until he was put up for an award for his "loyal" and "dedicated" service. (一个六年没去上班的男子, 一直都没有引起别人的注意直到公司要颁发给他一个"忠诚热心"服务奖的时候大家才发现真相)

10. not sleep a wink, to
定义: 一宿没睡, 一晚未阖眼.
例句: I didn't sleep a wink last night. (我昨夜一宿没睡)

11. not so bad, be
定义: 不赖, 还不错.
例句: I know the chicken doesn't look too appealing, but it's really not so bad. (我知道这鸡肉看上去不怎么可口, 但其实味道蛮不错的)

12. not so fast
定义: 等等; 别这么仓促; 别这么快; 还不确定, 不要太早下定论.
例句: OK, now just ease the car around this turn. Whoa, not so fast! (好了, 你就轻松地循着这条曲路慢慢开. 喔, 别开这么快!)

13. not so hot, be
定义: 不怎么好; 不怎么刺激; 不怎么成功; 不怎么新潮.
例句: That burger I ate wasn't so hot, but their soup was delicious! (我吃得那套汉堡不怎么好吃, 但他们的浓汤倒是美味可口!)

14. not so
定义: 不是这样.
例句: Much of North America is under snow, but not so in Texas and most of the South. (大部分的北美地区都覆盖着白雪, 但德克萨斯州和大部分的南方各州却不是这样)

15. not so long ago
定义: 不久之前.
例句: Not so long ago, she was the country's most popular national political figure, with 66 percent of Americans viewing her favorably. (不久之前, 她曾是这个国家最受欢迎的全国性政治人物, 百分之六十六的美国人对她具有好感)

16. not so much ...(A) as ...(B), be
定义: 并不是因为A而是因为B; 并不是由于A状况而是由于B状况.
例句: I'm so sick of this project. It's not so much difficult as it is boring. (我对这个工程项目厌恶之极. 并不因为它是艰苦难度高而是由于它令人枯燥无味)

17. not-so-perfect credit history/scores, a
定义: 不完美的信用记录或信用评分.
例句: Thus, a borrower with a not-so-perfect credit history, ie bad credit history or no credit history will not face difficulties in getting an auto loan. (因此, 一名拥有不完美信用记录的借款者, 也就是具有不良信用记录或没有信用记录的人将不会面临无法取得贷款的困境)

18. not so (very) ... after all, be
定义: 毕竟并不是那么... (注: 这里的空格多是否定语气的形容词; 例如毕竟并不是那么难做, 可怕或糟透了)
例句: We're not so different after all. Teach children to embrace diversity, and give them a gift they can use throughout their lives. (我们毕竟并不是那么不一样. 教导小朋友拥抱种族多元性, 给予他们一份他们可以终身受用的礼物)

19. not speaking with ..., be
定义: 不跟某人讲话, 冷漠对待某人.
例句: I had a fight with her and she made rude gestures at me. She lives with my brother who I'm not speaking with because of this. (我跟她大吵一架然而她对我做出下流的动作.她跟我兄弟同居也因为这件事我不跟我兄弟说话)

20. not stand on ceremony, to
定义: 不拘泥于繁文缛节; 不必拘于俗套; 轻松, 直言, 直率.
例句: Leave your cap on if you like. We don't stand on ceremony. (如果你喜欢的话你不必脱帽. 我们不必拘泥于繁文缛节)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客