royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 799

帖子 royl » 周一 2月 18, 2019 9:40 pm

二十笔实用成语 799

01. not stir a finger to help, would
定义: 举手之劳都不肯帮.
例句: He wouldn't stir a finger to help us out. (他连举手之劳的一点小事都不肯帮我们)

02. not suffer fools gladly, to
定义: 不能容忍笨人; 对笨人没耐心; 看到笨蛋就来火.
例句: She's very easy-going but she doesn't suffer fools gladly. (她非常随和但她对笨人没什么耐性)

03. not supposed to, be
定义: 不准许的, 不应该的, 不可以.
例句: You're not supposed to come here. (你不应该来这里)

04. not surprised at all, be
定义: 一点都不惊讶, 一点都不希奇.
例句: He just works harder than anyone else. That's why I'm not surprised with his test result at all. (他只是比别人更努力学习. 这就是为什么我对他的考试成绩一点都不惊讶的原因)

05. not take a blind bit of notice, to
定义: 完全忽视其存在.
例句: I've told you three times and you haven't taken a blind bit of notice. (我已经告诉你三遍了, 你一直忽视我所说的话)

06. not take kindly to, to
定义: 不欢迎; 不喜欢; 不接受或不屑.
例句: Be careful, I hear they don't take kindly to strangers in that neighborhood. (你要小心, 我听说他们不欢迎去他们那里附近的陌生人)

07. not take no for an answer, to
定义: 无论如何就是不接受别人的拒绝, 坚持己见, 强迫别人接受.
例句: I really didn't want to buy their service, but the salesman wouldn't take no for an answer. (我真的不想买他们的服务, 但那名推销员说什么就是不接受我的拒绝)

08. not take something lying down, to
定义: 决不会束手认命; 必然会负隅顽抗.
例句: You can't take defiance from a subordinate lying down if you want other people in the office to respect you. (如果你还想要办公室里其他人尊敬你的话, 你切不可以容忍下属的​​抗命)

09. not that
定义: 并不是说​​; 并非; 并不; 并不是那么.
例句: I saw him with some other woman, not that I care. (我曾看到他跟另一名女子在一起, 我并不在乎他跟谁在一起)

10. not that I know of
定义: 据我所知, 没有; 据我所知, 并非如此.
例句: "Is there an office supply store nearby?" "Not that I know of." ("这附近有没有一家办公用品店?" "据我所知, 没有.")

11. not that I mind
定义: 我并不介意.
例句: Our flight was delayed – not that we minded, since we were late getting to the airport. (我们的班机被延迟了 – 我并不介意, 因为我们也晚到了机场)

12. not the best situation to be in
定义: 不是处在最理想的情况里.
例句: I know it's not the best situation to be in, but I look at it as a challenge. It's also an opportunity for us to prove ourselves. (我知道我们不是处在最理想的状况里, 但我把它当成一个挑战. 它也是一个我们证明自己的机会)

13. not the half of it, be
定义: 并非最严重的部分; 那还是小事.
例句: "I heard the meeting went pretty poorly." "That isn't the half of it. Now the boss wants to do a full review of my employment, so I might even lose my job!" ("我听说这场会议开得相当糟糕." "那还是小事. 现在老板想要对我的工作做一个全面审查, 所以我什至还有可能丢掉工作!")

14. not the only fish in the sea, be
定义: 别难过, 这世界有得是好女孩或好男孩或好xx.
例句: I know you're sad because you and your boyfriend broke up, but he's not the only fish in the sea. (我知道你很难过因为你和你的男友分手了, 但是这世界有得是好男人)

15. not the only pebble on the beach, be
定义: 别难过, 这世界有得是好女孩或好男孩或好xx.
例句: I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't get the job, but I'm trying to remind myself it wasn't the only pebble on the beach. (我很失望因为我没拿到那份工作, 但我在努力地提醒我自己这世界有得是好工作)

16. not the sharpest knife in the drawer
定义: 并不是最聪明的或最出色的人. (注: 意指还过的去, 普通的人)
例句: I wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer in school, but I still managed to find a profession I loved. (我虽不是学校里最出色的学生, 但我仍然设法找到了一个自己喜爱的职业)

17. not the sharpest tool in the shed, be
定义: 并不是最聪明的或最出色的人. (注: 意指还过的去, 普通的人)
例句: I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm not the dimmest light bulb in the room either. (我虽不是最聪明的的人, 但我也不是最笨的人)

18. not the word for it, be
定义: 这个字还不足以形容它. (注: 意指你所用的字还不能完全描述某情况或某人的心情)
例句: Angry? Angry isn't the word for it. I'm blinded with rage! (愤怒? 愤怒还不足以形容我的心情. 我被气疯了!)

19. not think anything of ..., to
定义: 不重视..., 没把...当回事.
例句: I didn't think anything of it at the time, but it turned out to be the key document in winning the case. (我当时没把它当回事, 但它却成为打赢这场官司的关键文件)

20. not think much of, to
定义: 不重视, 没当回事.
例句: They didn't think much of me. (他们没把我当回事)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客