royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 802

帖子 royl » 周六 3月 02, 2019 12:58 am

二十笔实用成语 802

01. notch below, a
定义: 差一点; 不及; 次于.
例句: I believe that this rice wine is just a notch slightly below the one we had last night. (我认为这个米酒比我们昨晚喝的要稍差一点)

02. notch on your belt, a
定义: 成就, 可以拿出的成绩.
例句: It wasn't a particularly difficult match, but the win is nevertheless a notch on the belt of the defending champion. (这次比赛虽然不是特别难赢, 但这次的胜利仍然算是一个卫冕冠军的成就)

03. notch up, to
定义: 达成, 赢得, 获胜, 一格一格地升高, 计分, 记录.
例句: It normally takes between four to six years to achieve this goal but it was notched up by John in just 15 months. (这个目标通常需要四至六年才能实现, 但约翰只花了十五个月就达成了)

04. note down, to
定义: 记下来; 写下.
例句: The police officer noted down the names of all the people present during the incident. (这名警官记下了这个事件在场所有的人名字)

05. noted for ..., be
定义: 以...著名或扬名.
例句: The book has been noted for its brutally honest depiction of life in poverty. (这本书是以它对贫困生活直率坦诚地描述而著名)

06. nothing beats ...
定义: 没有比...还更好. (注: 你可以使用任何合适的形容词在"还更"之后)
例句: For me, nothing beats a hearty breakfast in a cold morning. (对我来说, 没有比在寒冷的清晨吃上一顿丰盛的早餐还更惬意)
图片
丰盛的早餐

07. nothing beyond
定义: 没有再多的, 到此为止, 就是这些了.
例句: Fred owns nothing beyond the clothes on his back. (弗来德除了身上所穿的衣物之外, 其他他一无所有)

08. nothing but
定义: 只有; 只是, 不过是, 无异于; 只限于.
例句: "Do you have any extra pennies?" "Nothing but! Take your pick." ("你有没有多余的一分钱铜币?" "我别的没有, 只有这些铜币! 要多少你自己拿." )
图片
一大堆一分钱铜币

09. nothing but skin and bones, be
定义: 骨瘦如柴; 瘦得皮包骨.
例句: She never puts on any weight whatever she eats. She's a bean pole – nothing but skin and bones. (不论吃什么, 她的体重从来没增加过. 她长得跟竹竿一样 – 骨瘦如柴)

10. nothing come of it
定义: 没什么结果.
例句: I've reported the issue before but nothing has come of it ye​​t. (我以前曾举报过这个问题但至今也没什么结果)

11. nothing comes before ...
定义: 没有任何事比...还重要.
例句: I am a mother and wife, nothing comes before my family. (我是一名母亲和妻子, 没有任何事情比家庭还重要)

12. nothing compared to ..., be
定义: 与...根本不能比.
例句: This rain is nothing compared to what we got yesterday. (这场雨比我们昨天碰到的那场雨根本不能比)

13. nothing ... about that
定义: 那件事一点...都没有.
例句: There was nothing controversial about it. In fact, everyone saw it. (那件事一点争议性都没有. 事实上, 大家都看到了)

14. nothing could be further from one's mind
定义: 想都没想到.
例句: "You're regretting settling down and having kids, aren't you?" "No, nothing could be further from my mind!" ("你是不是后悔安定下来并且结婚生子, 不是吗?" "没有,我从来就没有这个想法!")

15. nothing could be further from the truth
定义: 绝非如此; 绝非事实; 没有比这个更加离谱.
例句: They claim that the tax overhaul was designed with lower- and middle-class earners in mind, but nothing could be further from the truth! (他们声称这次的税务改革特别以低中收入者的需求为念, 但实际情况绝非如此. 注: 意指这次的税务改革者根本没把低中收入者的需求列入考虑)

16. nothing doing
定义: 绝对不行, 办不到.
例句: Nothing doing. I am not going to stay and work late again this evening. (绝对不行. 今晚我决不会再留下来工作到深夜了)

17. nothing else
定义: 没有别的.
例句: I have nothing else to say. (我没什么别的话可说了)

18. nothing (else) for it but ..., there's
定义: 除了...别无他法, 除了...没有别的选择.
例句: By the time we discovered the mistake, there was nothing else for it but to start over. (等到我们发现到这个错误的时候, 我们除了重新开始之外没有别的选择)

19. nothing else matters
定义: 别的都不重要.
例句: Nothing else matters this week except for finals. In order to get good grades, I'm going to study rigorously. (这个星期除了期末考之外别的都不重要. 为了取得好成绩, 我准备痛下苦功)

20. nothing fancy
定义: 不需要太精美, 普通一点就好.
例句: Just get me a cup of coffee and a sandwich for lunch. Nothing fancy please. (只要给我一杯咖啡和一份三明治作午餐就好. 拜托不需要太精致)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客