royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 803

帖子 royl » 周五 3月 15, 2019 1:14 am

二十笔实用成语 803

01. nothing gets you going like
定义: 只有…让你精神一振.
例句: Nothing gets you going like a 5-AM workout to get a new week started. (只有清晨五点钟的健身才能让你精神一振, 开启一个星期的崭新生活)

02. nothing goes to waste
定义: 不浪费任何东西; 物尽其用.
例句: A good cook makes use of every viable kitchen scrap so that nothing goes to waste. (一名好厨师会利用所有厨房可资利用的剩余食材以便物尽其用)

03. nothing if not
定义: 非常地, 最重要地.
例句: He is nothing if not punctual. He has never been late in his seven years with this company. (他是个非常准时的人. 在公司的七年里, 他从来没迟到过)

04. nothing in comparison to ..., be
定义: 根本不能与...相比, 没法与...相比.
例句: I know seven days is a long time, but it's nothing in comparison to a lifetime. (我知道七天是个很长时间, 但它根本不能跟一生的时间相比)

05. nothing in it for someone
定义: 某人一无好处, 某人一无所得. (注: 意指某人出钱出力将得不到好处)
例句: Why should I help him when there's nothing in it for me? (我又得不到什么好处, 为什么要帮助他?)

06. nothing in it, be
定义: 根本不是事实; 没有人占优势; 里面什么都没有; 无利可图; 没有一点内容.
例句: Right up to the end of the game, there was nothing in it. Either team could have won. (直到比赛的最后一刻, 双方都还是势均力敌两边都没占优势. 任何一队都有可能赢得这场比赛)

07. nothing is certain but death and taxes
定义: [俗语]这世界除了死亡和纳税是肯定的其他的世事都没法确定.
例句: I wouldn't be so sure that investment will pay off like you expect. Nothing is certain in this life but death and taxes. (我不太确定那个投资会如你所期望地获利. 这世界除了死亡和纳税是肯定的其他的世事都没法确定)

08. nothing is done to help ...
定义: 没人做任何事去帮助...
例句: This bad behavior has bad consequences. If nothing is done to help them, they might soon face expulsion from school. (这个恶劣行为会造成不良后果的. 如果没人帮助他们的话, 他们可能马上会面临被学校开除的危险)

09. nothing is ever certain
定义: [俗语]人生无常, 没有一件事情是永远确定的.
例句: I agree with you, that nothing is ever certain in life but we still need to go about our days finding the positivity in them. (我同意你, 虽然人生无常但我们仍然需要继续过我们的日子, 在生活中寻求积极性)

10. nothing less than
定义: 最起码; 绝对地; 完全地; 无异于.
例句: Their survival is nothing less than a miracle. (他们的幸存绝对是个奇迹)

11. nothing more than
定义: 就是, 只不过是, 无异于.
例句: I'm fine, it's nothing more than a paper cut. (我没事, 这只不过是个被纸割的小伤)
图片
被纸割的伤

12. nothing more to it than this/that
定义: 只不过就是这样; 就是这么简单.
例句: He failed the exam because he didn't study, there's nothing more to it than that. (他这次考试不及格是因为他没读书, 就是这么简单)

13. nothing much
定义: 只有一点点, 很少, 很便宜, 没什么大事, 没做什么事, 不忙.
例句: "What did you learn at school today?" "Nothing much, we just watched some documentary series about the Civil War." ("你今天在学校学到什么?" "没学到什么, 我们只是看了一些有关南北战争的记录片系列.")

14. nothing new under the sun
定义: 阳光底下没新鲜事.
例句: Another war has broken out, and people continue to kill one another for land and ideology. There's nothing new under the sun. (另一场战争又爆发了, 为了领土和意识形态, 人们继续相互厮杀. 阳光底下没什么新鲜事)

15. nothing of the sort/kind
定义: 根本不是那回事; 没有这样的事; 不准这样做.
例句: "Bill, are you planning on laying off a bunch of staff?" "No, nothing of the sort. We're just exploring options to reduce our expenditures each month, that's all." ("比尔, 你打算要辞退一大批职工吗?" "不, 没有那样的事. 我们只是寻求减少开支的方案, 仅此而已.")

16. nothing out of the ordinary
定义: 普通的, 平凡的, 与平常无异, 没什么特别.
例句: "How did the meeting go?" "It was fine, nothing out of the ordinary." ("这场会议开得怎样?" "还不错, 跟平常没什么两样.")

17. nothing out-of-the-way
定义: 普通的, 平凡的, 与平常无异, 没什么特别.
例句: There was nothing out-of-the-way about the hitchhiker's appearance that might arouse suspicion. (这名搭便车的人外表看起来普普通通的, 并没有引起别人的疑虑)

18. nothing personal
定义: 公事公办, 不是针对你个人.
例句: "How can you fire me after 20 years' service, just like that?" "Nothing personal, Larry, it's just the way the business is moving right now." ("我给你干了二十年的活,你怎么可以就这样把我给解雇了?" "赖瑞, 这不是针对你个人的, 这只是此刻公司营运的方向所使然的.")

19. nothing serious, be
定义: 还好, 不严重, 不要紧.
例句: I hope nothing serious has happened to him and his family. (我希望他和他家人没发生什么严重的事情)

20. nothing succeeds like success
定义: 一事成功, 百事顺利.
例句: After Alan's brilliant courtroom victory, everyone wanted to be his client. Nothing succeeds like success. (艾伦有了这次的辉煌胜诉之后, 大家都想要成为他的客户. 真是一事成功, 百事顺利)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客