royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 808

帖子 royl » 周四 4月 18, 2019 1:35 am

二十笔实用成语 808

01. of course you can.
定义: 当然你可以.
例句: "I don't think I can do this." "Of course you can, son." ("我觉得我做不到." "你当然可以做得到, 儿子.")

02. of epic proportions/size, be
定义: 极大型的, 雄伟壮丽的.
例句: Meteorologists have been predicting that the hurricane will be a disaster of epic proportions for us because we're so close to the coast. (气象专家一直在预测台风将成为我们的巨大灾难因为我们离海岸太近)
图片
台风带来的巨大灾难

03. of few words, be
定义: 不啰嗦的, 语言简洁的.
例句: Mr. Fong is a man of few words but he gets things done. (方先生是个不爱说话的人但他总是能够把事情办得妥妥的)

04. of late
定义: 最近地, 近年来.
例句: I've been sick of late, one illness of sorts after another, as if they've been attacking my health in waves. (我最近一直在生病, 病痛一个接一个来袭, 好像它们潮水般地攻击我的健康)

05. of like mind, be
定义: 想法或意见一致.
例句: My fiancé and I are of like mind on many things, but we just can't agree on how many guests to invite to our wedding. (我未婚妻和我在许多事情上想法一致, 但我们就是没法在邀请多少客人参加我们婚礼上取得一致意见)

06. of little/no avail, be
定义: 没用; 无益; 无效; 无能为力; 徒劳无功.
例句: We had a powerful stove, but it was really of little avail to fight against the severe cold which beset us. (我们有一台火力强大的暖炉, 但在对抗围困我们的严寒气流来说实在是无能为力)
图片
火力强大的暖炉

07. of many parts
定义: 多才多艺.
例句: Steve is a man of many parts – he's a good student, a talented musician, and a great football player. (史提夫是个多才多艺的人– 他是个好学生, 才华洋溢的音乐家, 以及一名优秀的足球队员)

08. of great moment
定义: 具有极大的重要性或意义.
例句: This ruling is of great moment for members of the minority group, who have long been marginalized and victimized. (这个裁决对于长期被边缘化和受到欺凌的少数族群民众来说它具有极大的意义)

09. of monumental proportions, be
定义: 大规模的, 突出的, 重要的.
例句: The financial crisis of 2008 was thus for us an opportunity of monumental proportions. (二零零八的金融危机因此对我们来说乃是一个巨大的机遇)

10. of necessity
定义: 必然地, 不可避免地.
例句: To alleviate labor shortages we will, of necessity, offer better deals for part-timers. (为了减轻劳力短缺, 我们不可避免地给兼职员工提供更好待遇)

11. (of) no use to man or beast, be
定义: 完全无用; 毫无益处; 失去用途.
例句: After 20 years, my faithful old truck finally broke down for good. It's totally of no use to man or beast. (使用了二十年了, 我那辆忠实的老旧卡车终于永远报销了. 它完全失去了用途)

12. of note, be
定义: 值得注意的; 重要的; 杰出的; 著名的.
例句: Many of his comments are worthy of note. (他的许多评论值得我们注意)

13. of one mind, be
定义: 同意; 看法一致; 具有共识; 万众一心.
例句: I am afraid that he and I are not of the same mind. (我恐怕他和我的看法并不一致)

14. of one's own accord
定义: 心甘情愿地; 非强迫地; 主动地.
例句: No, I didn't tell him to bring anything to dinner. He did that of his own accord. (没有, 我没告诉他要带任何东西来吃饭. 是他自愿带东西来的)

15. of one's own free will
定义: 心甘情愿地; 非强迫地; 主动地.
例句: No one forced her to leave. She did it of her own free will. (没有人强迫她离开. 她是主动离开的)

16. of questionable character, be
定义: 声誉不佳, 人格有问题的.
例句: He is therefore either a poor cashier or a man of questionable character. (因此他要嘛就是一个不称职的收银员, 要嘛就是一个人格有问题的人. 注: 意指由于店里现金短少, 收银员不是失职就是手脚不干净)

17. as of right
定义: 合乎道德地; 合法地; 基于法理地.
例句: I know they feel that they are entitled to a pension as of right. (我知道他们认为在法理上有权领取养老金)

18. of service to someone, be
定义: 帮助某人, 服务某人, 提供某人所需.
例句: Good evening, ma'am, how may I be of service to you? (晚安, 女士, 我能为您做什么?)

19. of sorts
定义: 相似的, 大同小异; 普通, 不怎么样, 较差的.
例句: The office has a gym of sorts, but it's in such disrepair that no one really uses it. (办公室有一间不怎么样的健身房, 但它年久失修, 实际上没人使用)

20. of sound mind, be
定义: 神智清醒正常.
例句: My grandfather may be in a wheel-chair at 94, but he's still of sound mind – sharper than a lot of people I know. (我九十四岁爷爷也许坐着轮椅, 但他的神智仍然清醒正常–比我认识的许多人还敏锐)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客