royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 809

帖子 royl » 周二 4月 23, 2019 9:15 pm

二十笔实用成语 809

01. woman/man of style
定义: 时髦的, 有格调的或有风格的女性或男人.
例句: Grace Kelly was remembered as a woman of style, substance, great beauty and great compassion. (葛蕾丝•凯利被怀念为一位格调优雅, 内外美兼具以及心怀慈悲的女仕)
图片
1954年以《乡下姑娘》一片获得第26届奥斯卡影后,当时她才廿五岁。 2年后她嫁给兰尼埃亲王,成为摩纳哥王妃,1982年因车祸过世。

02. of that I am sure
定义: 这一点我是确定地.
例句: I think he'll do fine as a starting point guard for the team, of that I am sure. (我想作为球队的一名新进控球后卫, 他会做得不错, 这一点我是确定地)
图片
担任控球后卫的林书豪

03. of that nature
定义: 之类的..., 等等相似的...
例句: You'll need to bring a toothbrush, soap, and things of that nature. (你将需要带牙刷, 肥皂, 之类的盥洗用品)

04. of the essence, be
定义: 极为重要.
例句: Has anyone called an ambulance? Time is of the essence with this man's injuries! (有人叫了救护车吗? 把握救援时间对这人的伤势极为重要!)

05. of the first magnitude/order, be
定义: 最好的, 最坏的, 极重要的, 极巨大的.
例句: You have to study Shakespeare because he is a poet of the first order. (你必须要研读莎士比亚的作品因为他是一位极重要的诗人)

06. of the first water
定义: 最佳的, 最高品质的, 极为...的.
例句: A diamond is of the first water when it is without flaw or taint of any kind. (一颗最高品质的钻石是不带任何瑕疵或污点的)

07. of the moment
定义: 风云一时; 当时流行的, 为代表的或重要的.
例句: Jack was man of the moment during the crisis. (杰克曾在危机期间风云一时)

08. of the opinion, be
定义: 认为, 持着某个想法.
例句: Frank is of the opinion that there has been a cover-up. (法兰克认为有人将真相隐瞒下来了)

09. of the same mind as ..., be
定义: 与...想法一致.
例句: I have to admit that I've been of the same mind as my brother, but I changed my mind when I realized that this could be a really dangerous sport. (我必须承认我的想法一直跟我兄弟一样, 但是当我了解到这可能是一项非常危险的运动之后我的想法才改变了)

10. of the sort/kind
定义: 类似那个, 诸如此类. (注: 意指类似刚才所提到的人, 事或物)
例句: I would like to go to a movie or a concert, or something of the sort. (我想要去看一场电影或一场音乐会, 或诸如此类的活动)

11. of little/no consequence, be
定义: 无足轻重的; 不严重的; 没有影响的.
例句: I'm of so little consequence in our company that I doubt anyone would notice if I just stopped coming in one day. (我在我们的公司里算是一名无足轻重的小角色, 我怀疑我如果哪一天不来的话会有人注意到我的旷职)

12. of two minds, be
定义: 犹豫不决; 举棋不定; 三心两意, 无法作决定.
例句: Betty was of two minds about her future: Should she study to be a teacher or an actress? (贝蒂对于她的未来举棋不定: 她应该去学习成为一名教师还是一名演员?)

13. of unsound mind, be
定义: 神智不清醒, 不正常.
例句: My next-door neighbor has been of unsound mind ever since he suffered that stroke last year. (自从他去年得了中风之后, 我隔壁邻居一直神智不清)

14. of which
定义: 指出在一群的人, 事或物其中某一个.
例句: I bought three computers, of which the first is the best and the most expensive one. (我买了三台电脑, 其中第一部是最好的而且也是最贵的电脑)

15. off again, on again
定义: 时有时无, 间歇地, 偶发地.
例句: Meil​​ing and I were dating pretty seriously for about a year, but we've just been off again, on again since then. (美玲和我很认真地相处了大约一年, 但是自此之后我们便时有时无地交往)

16. off and on; on and off
定义: 时有时无, 间歇地, 断断续续地.
例句: I slept off and on last night. (我昨夜睡睡醒醒, 断断续续地睡觉)

17. off and running
定义: 顺利起步, (如预期地)进展良好.
例句: The truck was finally loaded by 9:30, and we were off and running. (我们终于在九点半之前把货装上了卡车, 我们如预期地进展良好)

18. off balance
定义: 吃了一惊; 措手不及; 冷不防地; 失去平衡.
例句: I was caught a little off balance when he asked me to deliver the speech instead of doing it himself. (当他要求我发表演讲而自己不上台发表使我有点措手不及)

19. off base
定义: 错误的, 弄错了; 离谱, 荒谬; 突然地, 冷不防地.
例句: He was really off base on his estimate of next year's budget. (他对下一年度预算的估算真是错误地离谱)

20. off chance, an
定义: 微小机会; 万一.
例句: On the off chance that you get home before me, can you put the roast in the oven? (万一你比我早回家的话, 你能不能把那锅烤肉放进烤箱?)
图片
红酒烤牛肉

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 67 访客