royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 812

帖子 royl » 周六 5月 11, 2019 2:05 pm

二十笔实用成语 812

01. off the wagon
定义: 又开始酗酒. (注: 意指戒了酒又重新酗酒)
例句: He seems to be off the wagon again. I saw him yesterday and I am sure that he had been drinking. (他似乎又开始酗酒. 我昨天看到他了, 我肯定他一直在喝酒)

02. off the wall
定义: [俚语]荒诞怪异, 不寻常, 疯疯癫癫; 愤怒.
例句: Her hypothesis is really off the wall, but the facts seem to support it. (她的假设真是荒谬不堪, 但这些事实似乎证实了她的假设是正确的)

03. off to a flying start
定义: 顺利的开始, 成功第一步.
例句: John's company got off to a flying start, thanks to his father's generous investments. (约翰公司的一开张就开始营利, 多亏了他父亲的慷慨投资)

04. off to a good start
定义: 好的开始, 一开始就顺利, 一开始就融洽, 有缘份.
例句: The project is off to a good start, but we still need to make sure we keep up the pace. (这件工作项目一开始就进展顺利, 但我们仍须要确保我们跟得上步伐)

05. off to a running start
定义: 占了优势的开始, 成功第一步.
例句: Good outline. You're off to a running start on that essay. (大纲写得不错. 你那篇论文一开始就迈向成功第一步)

06. off to a shaky start
定义: 一开始就不顺利或稳定.
例句: This week we got off to a shaky start, but then we quickly recovered and resumed normal operations. (这星期一开始我们就不顺利, 但我们毕竟迅速恢复过来并且回复正常营运状况)

07. off to the races
定义: 开始忙碌地工作; 迅速地接着做下一件事.
例句: When we get our business loan, we'll be off to the races. (等我拿到我们的商业贷款之后, 我们就要开始忙碌地工作)

08. off to, be
定义: 准备启程去旅游; 离开; 着手工作.
例句: She's off to work next week. (她下个礼拜就开始工作)

09. off today, be
定义: 今天不上班.
例句: I'm off today and I just might try this recipe out! (今天我不上班, 我还真有可能试试这份食谱!)

10. off year, an
定义: 没有主要选举的一年; 销售或生产减缓的一年; 没有平常繁荣, 成功或忙碌的一年.
例句: Last year was an off year for me, but I think I'm in better shape this year. (去年对我来说是个萧条的一年, 但我认为我今年情况要好多了)

11. off you go
定义: 你去吧, 你走了, 开始吧, 走开, 去.
例句: "Off she goes," Dan muttered, as he watched his baby girl drive away to begin her first semester of college. ("她走了," 丹喃喃自语的说, 当他眼看着他心爱的女儿开车离家去开始她大学的第一个学期)

12. offensive activity/remark, an
定义: 不礼貌的, 不尊重别人的, 或伤害别人感情的行为或话语.
例句: He's best known for his offensive remarks about minority groups, his hatred of "political correctness" and his support of racist groups. (他最出名的是他对少数民族群体的伤害语言, 他对"政治正确"的憎恨和他对种族歧视团体的支持)

13. offer expiration date, the
定义: 供货价格, 买方或卖方的开价, 特价, 减价, 退费等等的截止日期.
例句: Please indicate your agreement with these terms and accept this offer by signing and dating this agreement on or before offer expiration date. (请你于截止日期当天或者之前在这份价格协议书上签名和签上日期以表明你对此协议书所列的条款以及你对这个价格的接受)

14. offer one can't refuse, an
定义: 给人难以拒绝的优厚条件, 价钱, 或薪资.
例句: He made me an offer I could not refuse, so I sold him my car. (他给了我一个我难以拒绝的好价钱, 所以我把车卖给他了)

15. offer someone a better deal, to
定义: 向某人提出更省钱, 更好工作待遇或更有利的方案.
例句: If AT&T offers me a better deal, I have no compunction at all about jumping ship. What do I care? I have a family to feed! (如果美国电话电报公司给我更好薪资待遇的话, 我会毫无愧疚地跳槽. 我在乎什么? 我还得养家糊口!)

16. offer to pay cash for something, to
定义: 愿意付现金买某物品.
例句: However, my aunt is quite well off and she has offered to pay cash for a house for us. (然而, 我阿姨手头相当阔绰, 她愿意付现金为我们购买一栋房子)

17. offer up, to
定义: 献上; 奉献; 奉上; 推出; 卖出.
例句: The restaurant offers up some of the best steak money can buy. (这家餐馆推出一道钱能够买得到的最好牛排)

18. office hours
定义: 营业时间, 工作时间.
例句: Our office hours are 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday. (我们营业时间是: 星期一至星期五早上八点至下午五点)
图片
营业时间告示牌

19. official sanction, an
定义: 官方许可, 正式批准.
例句: We have now sought official sanction for running a coffee vending machine within the hospital to generate some revenue. (我们现在正寻求在这家医院内经营一台咖啡机的官方许可以便创造一些收入)
图片
咖啡贩卖机

20. off-price store, an
定义: 折扣商品店.
例句: In an off-price store you'll find many low-price products that were created and offered for sale at full price in other stores but didn't sell for one reason or another. (在一间折扣商品店里,你会发现许多低价商品乃是原来被制造好之后便送交给全价商店出售但由于某些原因它们无法被卖出)
图片
这是一间甚受民众喜欢的折扣商品店Ross

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 53 访客