royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 815

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 26, 2019 8:59 pm

二十笔实用成语 815

01. old money, an
定义: 继承来的财产, 传统财富, 富贵家族.
例句: My boyfriend comes from old money. (我男友出身于富豪世家)

02. old pals act, the
定义: 套交情, 套近乎; 裙带关系.
例句: The coach insists that it was his belief in the team's ability to win championships, not some old pals act, that led him to take the job. (这名教练坚持他的凭借团队能力赢取冠军的信念, 而不是凭借裙带关系取胜, 虽然他自己凭着裙带关系取得教练这份工作)

03. old salt, an
定义: 老水手(航海经验十足的人).
例句: The bar was packed with old salts who'd traveled all across the world, sharing stories of their adventures. (这间酒吧坐满了跑遍世界的老水手, 他们分享着他们的历险故事)

04. old saw, an
定义: 老生常谈的谚语, 格言, 座右铭.
例句: "An apple a day keeps the doctor away!" "That old saw is as untrue as it is annoying!" ("一天吃一颗苹果不用找医生!" "那句老谚语既不正确又烦人!" )

05. old school, the
定义: 老派传统的思想或行事作风.
例句: He's of the old school, where your word is everything and a deal's a deal, which is rare these days. (他是个老派男人, 他相信一个人的话就代表一切, 说话算话, 在现今的社会他算是罕见的人)

06. Old Scratch/Mr. Scratch
定义: [俚语]魔鬼, 撒旦.
例句: If you want a glimpse of Old Scratch, just look in a mirror – vanity, pride, lust, covetousness, cowardice, envy – it's all there. (如果你想要看魔鬼一眼的话, 你只要照镜子就可–虚荣, 自负, 肉欲, 贪婪, 懦弱, 嫉妒– 全都在那儿)

07. old story, an
定义: 老套的事故或借口.
例句: It's the same old story with her. She just can't or won't keep a job. (又是她的老套借口. 她就是没法或不想保住一份工作)

08. old warhorse, an
定义: 老手, 老兵, 识途老马.
例句: I'm an old warhorse in the area of​​ romance and I've been on both sides of the fence in this situation. (在爱情的领域上我算是个识途老马, 对处在这个情况下的两造我都经历过)

09. old wives' tale, an
定义: 无稽之谈, 传统的迷信或故事.
例句: Touching frogs won't give you warts. That's just an old wives' tale. (触摸青蛙才不会让你长肉疣. 那都是无稽之谈)
图片
长在眼皮上的肉疣或赘肉

10. old woman, the
定义: [俚语]某人的妈妈, 妻子, 同居女友.
例句: My old woman and I have been putting aside some savings for a vacation in Sanya this summer. (我老婆和我一直在储蓄一笔钱作为今年夏天去三亚渡假用的)

11. older than dirt, be
定义: 很老.
例句: The guy has more money than God, is older than dirt, and he's never satisfied. (这个人钱多人老, 而且他从不满足)

12. oldest profession, the (world's)
定义: 卖淫业–世界最古老的行业.
例句: She works in the world's oldest profession. (她是一名妓女)

13. oldest trick in the book, the
定义: 老技俩, 老骗术, 老手法. (注: 意指虽老掉牙但仍旧有效的手法)
例句: Selling tourists fake artifacts is the oldest trick in the book. Please don't fall for that one. (销售伪造古董给观光客乃是个老掉牙的骗术. 请你别上那个洋当)

14. on a (more) personal level
定义: 在个人或私人方面上.
例句: I get along with Frank very well on a personal level, but we just can't work together! (我跟富兰克在私人方面相处得融洽, 但是我们怎么样都没法一起共事!)

15. on a collision course
定义: 与...正面对撞或直接冲突.
例句: I was on a collision course with my boss over the sales figures. (我跟我的老板在销售数字上发生正面冲突)

16. on a daily basis
定义: 每天地, 天天地.
例句: As a customer service representative, you will come across angry callers on a daily basis. (作为一名客户服务代表, 你一定每天都会遇见愤怒的来电者)

17. on a dare
定义: 受人一激, 被人挑战.
例句: I tried to swim across the river on a dare, but the current was too strong and I had to turn back. (受人一激我便试图横渡这条河, 但是河水流量太强劲, 我不得不游回来)

18. on a dime
定义: 处于狭小空间里, 瞬间地.
例句: His new car has a very powerful brake system and is able to stop on a dime. (他的新车装备有非常强大的煞车系统, 能够在短小的距离内将车子停下来)
图片
强大的煞车系统

19. on a fine day
定义: 美丽晴朗的一天.
例句: It's a shame to get cooped up in a room on a fine day like this. We ought to go out and embrace the Mother Nature. (真可惜在这个美丽晴朗的一天被卡在屋子里. 我们应该走出去,拥抱大自然)

20. on a first-name basis
定义: 很熟稔, 不拘束.
例句: Don't worry, we'll get in. I'm on a first-name basis with the owner of the night club. (别担心, 我们会进去的. 我跟这家夜总会的业主很熟稔)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 54 访客