royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 816

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 04, 2019 2:19 pm

二十笔实用成语 816

01. on a friendly footing, be
定义: 处于友好的关系.
例句: Our neighbors and I are on a friendly footing. (我们邻居和我相处得融洽)

02. on a full stomach
定义: 饱腹地.
例句: Everyone knows you shouldn't go swimming on a full stomach, or you'll get cramps! (大家都知道你不可吃饱了马上去游泳, 否则你会抽筋的)

03. on a grand/massive scale
定义: 大规模的, 大量的, 巨大, 盛大.
例句: This man likes to do things on a grand scale. (这个人就喜欢搞那种盛况空前, 场面浩大的事情)

04. on a hiding to nothing, be
定义: [英国]处于稳输不赢, 只赔不赚状况; 希望渺茫.
例句: You're on a hiding to nothing if you think you're going to get a raise out of the boss. (如果你认为你将会得到老板加薪的话, 你的希望将会破灭)

05. on a high, be
定义: 欢欣, 兴奋.
例句: Jack's been on a high ever since he found out he was accepted to a top college. (自从杰克得知他被一所顶尖大学录取之后, 他一直欢欣兴奋)

06. on a knife-edge
定义: 处于危险或关键时刻而前景不确定.
例句: I am on a knife-edge right now, waiting to hear if my contract has been extended – if not, I'll need to find a new job. (我现在处于前景不明的状况, 等候雇用合同被延长的消息– 如果没有被续约的话, 我只好去找一份新工作)

07. on a lark
定义: 一时兴起; 为了乐子; 开个玩笑; 无忧无虑.
例句: On a lark, I skipped school and drove to the beach for some fun in the sun. (一时兴起, 我翘课, 驱车到海滩享受阳光下的乐趣)

08. on a mission, be
定义: 身负使命, 执行任务.
例句: She's on a mission to locate her lost sister. (她身负着寻找她走失妹妹的使命)

09. on a moment's notice
定义: 一经通知就马上就要做; 随时地; 不给你多少时间准备.
例句: They are always asking us to produce reports at a moment's notice. (他们总是一告知我们便马上要我们做好报告)

10. on a more serious note
定义: 换个比较严肃话题.
例句: On a more serious note, I'd like to thank everyone for all your support. (换个比较严肃话题, 我要感谢大家所给予的支持)

11. on a movie shoot, be
定义: 拍电影出外景.
例句: "Where is Helen? I need to speak to her." "She's not in. She's currently on a movie shoot in San Antonio." ("海伦在哪里? 我需要跟她讲话." "她不在家. 她目前在圣安东尼奥出外景拍电影.")

12. on a need-to-know basis
定义: 基于只限于有必要知道的原则. (注: 意指你只供给某人在他必须要知道资料的时候所需的资料; 也就是说不到时候不给予, 并且只给予该知道的部分, 要多些资料也不会给予)
例句: This is on a need-to-know basis and you don't need to know about this. (这是一个基于只供给有必要知道的原则, 你并不需要知道这件事情)

13. on a par with, be
定义: 与...一样, 与...同一层级, 与...同一标准.
例句: Gina's egg tarts are delicious – definitely on a par with any ones you'd find in a bakery. (吉娜的蛋塔做得真好吃– 肯定跟你在任何一家面包店看到的蛋塔一样好吃)
图片
蛋塔

14. on a personal note
定义: 换个私人话题.
例句: I'll send you the quotation by the end of the week. On a personal note, what are you doing on Saturday night? (我会在这个礼拜之内把报价交给你. 换个私人话题, 你这个星期六晚上要做什么?)

15. on a rampage, be
定义: 表现暴戾疯狂, 肆无忌惮, 横行霸道的行为.
例句: There was a near riot after the game, when some of the spectators went on a rampage. (比赛结束之后几乎发生了暴乱, 那时候一些观众参与暴动和肆意破坏)

16. on a roll
定义: 运气正旺; 好运连连; 一系列的成功和顺利.
例句: Things are going great for me. I'm on a roll now. (我目前一帆风顺事事如意, 我的运气正旺)

17. on a shoestring
定义: 用很少的钱, 以有限资金.
例句: We started the new company on a shoestring. (我们以极少的资金创办了这家新公司)

18. on a slippery slope
定义: 走下坡; 每况愈下; 处于危险不稳的状况. (注: 尤其逐渐地导致无情的灾难道路)
例句: We've been on a slippery slope of borrowing more money to pay off the debts we already owe. (我们每况愈下, 借贷更多资金来偿还已经欠下的债务)

19. on a string
定义: 被人控制, 将别人纳入控制之下.
例句: She'll drop everything whenever Sam asks for something. He's got her on a string. (每当山姆要求一件东西她就会把手上的工作停下来替他拿. 他已经把她纳入控制之下)

20. on a tangent
定义: 话锋一转, 突然改变话题, 突然改变想法或行动.
例句: I tried to address the customer's problem, but she kept going off on a tangent and I couldn't understand what her true complaint was. (我试图解决这位客户的问题, 但是她一直改变话题让我无法了解她真正的问题在哪儿)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客