royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 825

帖子 royl » 周二 7月 23, 2019 10:36 pm

二十笔实用成语 825

01. on the air
定义: (广播或电视节目)在播放中.
例句: Please try to control your language, we can't have any cursing while we're on air. (请节制你们的语言, 我们在播放节目的时候不允许任何人说脏话. 注: cursing字面上是咒诅其实美国人大多用为说脏话的咒骂, 与cussing同义)

02. on the alert
定义: 进入警备, 保持警戒状态.
例句: We've been on the alert ever since we heard there had been a string of burglaries in our part of town. (自从我们附近一带发生了一连串的盗窃案件, 我们一直保持警戒状态)

03. on the attack
定义: 态度积极; 主动出击; 企图心旺盛.
例句: The team was on the attack for most of the first half. (这一队在上半场的大部分时间里主动出击, 全力争取得分)

04. on the average
定义: 通常, 一般来说.
例句: She can read 300 words per minute, on the average. (她通常一分钟可以阅读三百字)

05. on the back of
定义: 因为...; 由于...所致; 藉由别人的努力.
例句: The company has achieved record profits on the back of cheap labor. (这家公司藉由廉价劳动力取得创记录的利润)

06. on the back burner
定义: 并非当前要务, 搁置在一旁, 可以延后的.
例句: I think that painting the house should be on the back burner until we decide on what furniture we want to buy. (我认为这栋房子的油漆工作应该先搁置下来直到我们决定好要买什么样的家具再说)

07. on the ball, be
定义: 掌握新发展和新观念的, 机警的, 能干的, 有效率的, 消息灵通的.
例句: I'm so glad that my assistant is always on the ball because I'm too scatterbrained to manage my schedule on my own. (由于我太心不在焉没法独自管理自己的日程, 我很庆幸我的助理总是机伶能干)

08. on the barrel/barrelhead
定义: 要求马上付现金, 不准赊帐.
例句: Well, I guess I'm not replacing my couch right now because the furniture store requires cash on the barrel. (好吧, 我想我现在不换我的沙发了因为这家家具店要求我即刻支付现金)

09. on the beam
定义: 走上正轨, 进行或操作正确, 走对路了.
例句: "So this piece slots in here, and we connect these two wires together, right?" "Yeah, now you're on the beam!" ("所以这一片板插在这个狭槽内, 然后我们再把这两条电线连接起来, 对不对?" "是的, 你做对了!")
图片
这是一片必须插入电脑主机板狭槽内的网路卡

10. on the beat
定义: 韵律与节奏正确; 例行工作, 例行巡逻路线.
例句: We are comforted to see police officers on the beat in our neighborhood every night. (看见警官们每晚都来我们的社区附近巡逻让我们感到欣慰)

11. on the bench
定义: 以法官身份开庭审理, 以球员身份等待参赛或被教练换下来休息.
例句: It doesn't matter who's on the bench. You'll get a fair hearing. (别管谁是审理的法官. 你反正会得到公平的陈述自己案情的机会)

12. on the blacklist
定义: 被列入(处罚或杯葛)的黑名单中.
例句: In the 1950s, he was on the blacklist because he refused to sign the loyalty oath that was then required. (在1950年代期间, 他被列入杯葛黑名单上因为他拒绝签署这份当时必须要签的效忠宣誓书)

13. on the blink
定义: (机器)时好时坏; 处于坏掉或抛锚的状态.
例句: My toaster is on the blink, making either charcoal or cold bread. (我的烤面包机坏掉了, 它不是把土司面包烤焦便是不烤面包)

14. on the block
定义: 出售.
例句: They couldn't afford to keep up the house, so it was put on the block to pay the taxes owed. (他们养不下去这栋房子, 因此把它售出并将其收入缴清欠税款项)

15. on the blower
定义: [英国俚语]在电话讲话中.
例句: When I finally got him on the blower he said he couldn't come. (当我最终找到他来听电话的时候, 他说他没办法过来)

16. on the bone
定义: 带骨. (注: 意指被端上的肉食是带骨的)
例句: Most meat-lovers will tell you that your steak tastes better on the bone. (几乎所有的肉食喜爱者都会告诉你, 你的牛排如果是带骨的话要比不带骨的牛排好吃)
图片
最棒的牛排就是战斧牛排, 没有之一

17. on the books
定义: 记载于册, 记录好.
例句: His statement is now on the books, so he can't dispute that he said it. (他的声明现在已经被记录下来了, 所以他说过的话他赖不了)

18. on the brain
定义: 正在想某事, 不停在脑海徘徊, 对一事狂热.
例句: He's got money on the brain. (他满脑子想的都是钱)

19. on the bright side
定义: 往好的方面看; 往有利或有希望的方面看.
例句: Ah-Ping is positively-minded. She always looks on bright side of things. (阿萍是个积极乐观的人. 她总是往好的方面看)

20. on the brink of
定义: 濒临, 几乎, 将要.
例句: Their marriage is failing fast. They're on the brink of divorce. (他们的婚姻状况正迅速地恶化. 他们濒临离婚边缘)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 50 访客