royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 826

帖子 royl » 周日 7月 28, 2019 1:45 am

二十笔实用成语 826

01. on the brink of bankruptcy
定义: 濒临破产.
例句: The state government's social programs are out of control. No wonder they're on the brink of bankruptcy. (这州州政府的社会福利支出失去控制. 难怪他们濒临破产)

02. on the bubble
定义: 面临被淘汰或取代的危险.
例句: There are seven job applicants. Two will be interviewed, three will not, and two are on the bubble. (有七名求职者. 两人将被面试, 三人将不被面试, 两人将面临被淘汰的危险)

03. on the bum
定义: 居无定所的, 没钱生活的; (机器)失灵, 失修的.
例句: The oven is on the bum again. (这台烤箱又坏了)

04. on the button
定义: 正好, 精确.
例句: I arrived for the meeting right on the button. (我一分不差地准时出席会议)

05. on the cards, be
定义: 很可能发生的; 在预料中, 不可避免的.
例句: "Do you have anything on the cards for tomorrow?" "No, it's looking like a pretty slow Saturday for me." ("你明天有什么事要做?" "没事, 看样子星期六对我来说是个生意清淡的日子")

06. on the chance that
定义: 微乎其微的机会; 指望有机会; 心想可能会.
例句: You'll probably need to replace your washing machine, but on the chance that I can fix it. Let me open it up and take a look. (你可能需要换掉你的洗衣机, 但是有个微乎其微机会我可以把它修好. 让我先把它打开, 看一看可不可以修)

07. on the cheap
定义: 节约地, 花最少钱地, 便宜地.
例句: She got the curling iron on the cheap so I wasn't surprised when it broke after a couple of months. (她很便宜地买了这把烫发钳因此我一点都不吃惊他用了两个月它就坏掉了)
图片
烫发钳

08. on the chopping block
定义: 面临被淘汰或失业的危机, 存亡的关键.
例句: Hundreds of people will be on the chopping block if this factory shuts down. (如果这家工厂倒闭的话, 数百人将面临失业危机)

09. on the clock
定义: 工作中; 出租车计程器或计时器还在跑; 汽车速度仪所显示的车速. (注: 意指时薪员工打卡后的工作时间)
例句: Sorry, but I can't stay to chat. I've got a taxi waiting outside that's still on the clock! (抱歉, 我不能留下来跟你聊天了. 我叫了一部出租车在外面等我, 它的计时器还在跑!)

10. on the coattails of ...
定义: 靠裙带关系; 借助, 利用...的声望或成就.
例句: Everyone knows you've been on the coattails of the governor these last two years, but once her term ends, you'll be on your own. (每个人都知道你过去两年是靠州长的裙带关系在庇荫你, 但一旦他的任期结束, 你就得只有靠你自己)

11. on the contrary
定义: 相反地.
例句: I'm not sick; on the contrary, I'm in the peak of health. (我没生病; 相反地, 我的健康从来没有这么好)

12. on the couch
定义: 心理治疗.
例句: She put me on the couch and told me how I deal with the fear of failure. (她让我躺下来给我作心理治疗和辅导, 她告诉我如何应付对失败的恐惧)
图片
心理医生给予病人作心理治疗或心理分析

13. on the credit side
定义: [簿记术语]贷方; 从好的一面看, 从有利的一面或者积极一面来看.
例句: If you work for yourself you may not make much money. On the credit side, at least you will be financially independent. (如果你自主创业, 你也许赚得钱不多. 从好的一面看, 你起码在财务上是独立自主的)

14. on the cuff
定义: 以信用, 赊帐, 挂帐方式交易; 免费.
例句: I'm not getting paid till next week, but we really need a new TV, so I decided to buy this one on the cuff. (我们到下个礼拜才发薪, 但是我们确实需要一台新电视机,因此我决定以赊帐方式购买这台电视)

15. on the cutting edge
定义: 居于先进优势, 领先地位.
例句: This technology is right on the cutting edge. It's so new, but it's not available to the public yet. (这套科技正居于领先地位. 它非常新奇, 但社会大众还没法购买它)

16. on the cutting-room floor
定义: (某个电影或电视片段)被拿掉或被剪掉; 没有被采用; 被弃用.
例句: Half the ideas we propose at these meetings end up on the cutting-room floor. (我们在这些会议里提出的意见有一半最后都不会被采用)

17. on the day
定义: [英国]事情发生的当天.
例句: I know we seem a bit disorganized now, but we'll be all right on the day. (我知道我们现在看起来有点杂乱无章, 但在举行活动的当天我们将会有圆满的演出)

18. on the debit side
定义: [簿记术语]借方; 从不好的一面或负面上来看.
例句: On the debit side, the job doesn't pay well, and there is no incentive to work harder. (从负面上来看, 这份工作工资低不说, 即使我们更努力工作也不会有什么未来)

19. on the decline
定义: 处于衰退, 落后状态.
例句: His health is on the decline. (他的身体状况正趋衰弱)

20. on the diagonal
定义: 对角地, 斜角地; 沿对角或斜角方向地.
例句: Cutting asparagus on the diagonal exposes more of the tender inside of the asparagus while making it easier to grab with a fork. (斜切芦笋可以展示出更多柔嫩的部分同时也让你使用餐叉取食更方便)
图片
斜切芦笋

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客