royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 829

帖子 royl » 周日 8月 11, 2019 10:29 pm

二十笔实用成语 829

01. on the lookout (for)
定义: 警戒中, 保持警惕; 密切注意; 寻找, 搜寻, 追捕.
例句: The police are on the lookout for two men who escaped from custody yesterday. (警方正在追捕两名从羁押中逃逸的男子)

02. on the loose
定义: 逃亡中; 逍遥法外; 到处游荡. (注: 这个成语大部分使用在危险的人和动物身上)
例句: That dog of theirs is on the loose all the time. (他们家的那只狗成天到处游荡)

03. on the make
定义: 形成中, 成长中, 改善中; 追逐名利和权力; 寻求性刺激.
例句: Tom's a young man on the make. He doesn't care whom he offends. (汤姆是一个追逐名利的年青人. 他才不在乎他得罪的人是谁)

04. on the march
定义: 势头越来越猛; 取得进展.
例句: Your new initiative is on the march. I heard the boss talking about it this morning! (你的新方案取得了大幅进步. 我今天早上还听到老板谈论这件事!)

05. on the margin
定义: 在边缘上, 尚不被完全接受的.
例句: The laws rarely take into account those on the margins of society who are often the most vulnerable and in need of assistance. (这些法律几乎没有考虑到处于社会边缘的人们, 他们才是最脆弱的也是最需要社会协助的一群)

06. on the mark
定义: 完全正确, 正好, 精准到位.
例句: Mr. Lynch's analysis of the company is on the mark, if you ask me. I suggest we follow whatever advice he offers. (如果你问我的话, 我认为林奇先生对这家公司的分析非常到位. 我提议我们应遵从他所提供的建议)

07. on the market
定义: 出售; 准备要买. (注: 尤其是房屋, 车子等花费大的物产)
例句: Yes, our house is on the market. We want to sell it by October 12. (是的, 我们的房子正在出售中. 我们希望在十月十二日之前把它卖出)

08. on the mend
定义: 恢复健康, 改善.
例句: "How's John doing?" "He had a rough week of it with the flu, but he's on the mend now." ("约翰还好吗?" "他因为得了感冒一个礼拜好难受, 但他现在已经快好了.")

09. on the menu
定义: 列入菜单; 可以选项的.
例句: In the land of super-cheap prime rib, one steak stands out but you have to be in the know to order it, because it's not on the menu. (在这个牛肋排超便宜的地方, 有一道特别突出的牛排但你必须是圈内人才会点它, 因为它没有列入菜单内)
图片
牛肋排

10. on the money
定义: 完全正确, 正好, 精准到位.
例句: I think her assessment of the situation is right on the money. (我觉得她对这个情况的评估是完全正确的)

11. on the move
定义: 正在换住处, 正在换工作; 移动中, 游走中; 前进中, 在进步中.
例句: It's difficult to contact her because she's always on the move. (要联络到她很困难因为她总是在换住处)

12. on the never-never, to buy something
定义: 以信用或分期付款方式购入.
例句: Many people are finding themselves on the never-never as they are forced to use credit cards to afford necessary goods each month. (许多人发现他们以信用方式购货乃是由于他们不得不使用信用卡才能购买每月必需用品. 注: 意指许多人手边没有现金只能使用信用卡来赊帐购买必需用品)

13. on the nod
定义: 默认, 无异议一致通过, 未经过正式手续, 赊帐购买, 昏昏沉睡.
例句: The proposal went through on the nod. (这份提议被无异议一致通过)

14. on the nose
定义: 正确的, 精准的尤其是时间上或数目上的估计.
例句: Her predictions about the company's collapse were right on the nose. (她对这家公司倒闭的预测说得好准确)

15. on the off chance
定义: 希望渺茫, 抱着一线希望. (注: 意指虽然希望渺茫还要试试看)
例句: I called his office on the off chance that he would still be there, but he had already left. (我打电话给他抱着一线希望他还在办公室, 但他已经离开了)

16. on the order of
定义: 相似, 好像; 接近, 大约; 依据指示或要求.
例句: Well, that's on the order of what I have in mind for the new kitchen, but there are a few tweaks you need to make before it's right. (对啊, 那才跟我想像中的新厨房接近, 但是有几个地方你须要调整和改进才能臻于完善)

17. on the other hand
定义: 从另一方面看.
例句: "I like this one. On the other hand, this is nice too." "Why not buy both?" ("我喜欢这件东西. 从另一方面来看, 这一件也蛮好." "干嘛不两件一起买呢?")

18. on the outs
定义: 闹翻了, 绝交, 拒绝交谈.
例句: Amy and Pat are on the outs. They had a fight last night. (爱米和派特两人闹翻了. 昨晚他们大吵一架)

19. on the outside
定义: 在界外, 在外面, 在外表上, 没有被监禁.
例句: I might seem calm on the outside, but I'm actually really nervous. (我也许在外表上看起来平静, 但我其实非常紧张)

20. on the outside looking in
定义: 被排斥在外; 被淘汰; 由外向里看.
例句: All of my friends were invited to the biggest party of the year, and here I am, on the outside, looking in. (我所有的朋友都被邀请去这个年度最盛大的聚会, 而我却被排斥在外)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 22 访客