royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 830

帖子 royl » 周日 8月 18, 2019 11:48 pm

二十笔实用成语 830

01. on the part of
定义: 代表; 受...委托; 就...而言; 来自; 由...造成.
例句: On the part of the employees, the merger means that many will be losing their jobs. (就员工而言, 这次公司合并意味着许多人将会失业)

02. on the passenger's side
定义: 在乘客的一边. (注: 在美国, 你跟别人指出车子的左边或右边会令人疑惑混淆, 人家一定会问你到底是on the driver's side, 驾驶员的一边还是乘客的一边来确定车子的哪一边; 请切记)
例句: When I buy my next car, I will avoid a car with the fuel filler on the passenger's side since it would be inconvenient to pump gas. (等我要买下一部车的时候, 我会避免加油口位于乘客一边的车子因为这样加油比较不方便)
图片
加油口位于乘客一边的车子

03. on the phone
定义: 使用电话, 讲话中.
例句: Can you see who's at the door? I'm on the phone. (你能不能帮我看看谁在叫门? 我在讲电话中)

04. on the pig's back
定义: [澳洲俚语]走运, 意气风发.
例句: We found ourselves on the pig's back after our product gained such widespread success across the country. (我们的产品取得了全国性的广泛成功之后, 我们发现到我们开始走入顺境)

05. on the plus side
定义: 从好的一面看, 从正面去看.
例句: On the plus side the pay are great. Starting salary is around 70k these days I think and you should be making 100k in about 5-7 years. (从好的一面看, 这里的薪资很高. 我认为目前起薪大约是七万美元, 你应该在此工作五至七年之后赚入十万美元. 注: 这里的所提的薪水都是年薪不是月薪)

06. on the point of (doing something)
定义: 濒临, 将要, 快要, 接近.
例句: I was on the point of leaving when the phone rang. (我正要离开的时候电话就响起)

07. on the premises/on premises
定义: 位于建筑物内或位于一片土地之上.
例句: The hotel has a restaurant on the premises. (这家旅馆内附设有一间餐厅)

08. on the prowl
定义: 寻觅(性侵)受害者; 积极寻觅.
例句: Their underpaid computer programmers are always on the prowl for better jobs. (受雇于他们的一群收入过低的电脑程式员总是在积极寻觅更好的工作)

09. on the q.t.
定义: 秘密地, 不让人知道的.
例句: This information is private, so please keep it on the q.t. (这个讯息是隐私的, 因此请你保守它的秘密)

10. on the qui vive
定义: 保持警戒, 警醒.
例句: Customers are being warned to remain on the qui vive for fraudulent phone calls asking for bank details and account passwords. (客户们被告诫对那些询问银行个人资料和帐户密码的诈欺电话保持警戒)

11. on the quiet
定义: 秘密地, 不让人知道的.
例句: Please keep this information on the quiet until we are ready to make a public announcement. (请你保守这个讯息的秘密直到我们准备将它公开发布为止)

12. on the rack
定义: 极度焦虑, 受尽折磨, 在极大压力下.
例句: I was on the rack while I waited for the test results. (我一直极度焦虑地等待这个检查结果)

13. on the rag, be
定义: 月事/月经来了; 脾气暴躁.
例句: Bob, you are on the rag today. What's eating you? (鲍伯, 你今天脾气暴躁. 什么事在烦扰你?)

14. on the ragged edge
定义: 濒临失败或危险边缘.
例句: We are running on the ragged edge financially. (我们正面临财务危机)

15. on the rails
定义: 进入正轨, 运作正常顺利.
例句: Jimmy helped me get back on the rails when I was depressed. (当我情绪低落的时候, 吉米帮助我回复正常生活)

16. on the razzle
定义: 庆祝, 吃喝玩乐.
例句: She was out on the razzle tonight, bet there's a sore head tomorrow! (她今晚外出饮酒作乐去了, 明天肯定会有一个人闹宿醉头痛!)

17. on the rebound
定义: 反弹; 复苏; 失恋后(突然与另一人交往或做某件事).
例句: Economists were hopeful that home sales were on the rebound after consecutive increases in October and November. (十月及十一月的连续房市销售增长之后, 经济专家有望房屋销售复苏)

18. on the receiving end
定义: 成为...接受者, 对象, 目标. (注: 经常指成为不愉快事件的对象)
例句: Look, I know you're having a tough time at home, but I'm sick of being on the receiving end of your temper every morning! (听我说, 我知道你家里闹得不可开交, 但是我也厌倦每天早上成为你出气的对象!)

19. on the record
定义: 公开和正式地表明; 有记录在案.
例句: Please turn the voice recorder off. I don't want these comments on the record. (请把录音机关掉. 我不想让这些话被记录下来)
图片
录音机或语音纪录器

20. on the right lines
定义: 做对了; 使用正确方法.
例句: The treatment offered so far has been along the right lines, but not successful in curing the condition completely. (这个所提供的疗法至今一直使用了正确方法治病, 但是还没法彻底成功地治愈病情)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客