royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 833

帖子 royl » 周二 9月 10, 2019 5:11 pm

二十笔实用成语 833

01. on the turn
定义: 将要转变, 正在转变.
例句: This is the third month in a row we're generating profit. I think our luck is on the turn. (这是连续第三个月我们创造盈利. 我觉得我们正要时来运转了)

02. on the up and up; on the up-and-up
定义: 诚实, 合法; 更加成功的; 越做越发.
例句: Before we give him the job, are you sure he's on the up and up? (在我们交给他这份工作之前, 你确定他老实诚恳?)

03. on the uptake
定义: 理解能力, 学习能力.
例句: He's a little slow on the uptake, so you may have to repeat the instructions a few times. (他的理解能力有点慢, 所以你可能有必要重复几次你的教导)

04. on the verge of
定义: 濒临, 几乎要, 将要.
例句: Sarah was on the verge of tears when she heard the news. (当莎拉听到这则消息的时候, 她几乎要哭出来了)

05. on the (water) wagon
定义: 戒酒, 禁酒.
例句: He has been on the wagon for over seven months now. (他现在已经戒酒超过七个月了)

06. on the wallaby track
定义: [澳洲俚语]失业; 无业游荡, 漫游或旅游.
例句: After they retired, my parents sold their home, bought a travel trailer, and decided to go on the wallaby for as long as their savings would allow them. (退休之后, 我父母卖了他们的房子, 买了一部旅行拖车并且决定漫游各地如果他们的储蓄能够支撑他们开销的话)
图片
可以使用汽车或卡车拖移的旅行拖车

07. on the wane
定义: 衰退中, 减弱中.
例句: It'll be remembered that when Thatcher's popularity was on the wane, the Falklands War revivified a flagging Tory Party and gave her another term of office. (将会被人们记住的是, 撒切尔的声势正在衰退中, 而福克兰群岛战争却振兴了低落的保守党士气并且给予她另一届首相任期)
图片
福克兰群岛

08. on the warpath
定义: 搦战; 好像吃了炸药般脾气很不好; 一肚子不痛快; 寻衅他人; 暴怒并对人怀着敌意.
例句: Tom is really on the warpath today so you should stay out of his way. (汤姆今天好像吃了炸药了一样脾气很不好, 你千万别去招惹他)

09. on the watch for, be
定义: 密切注意, 警戒中, 警觉中.
例句: When you're driving in winter you should always be on the watch for ice on the roads. (当你在冬天开车的时候, 你应该要不断地密切注意路面上是否有结冰的状况出现)

10. on the way
定义: 在路上行进, 有进展.
例句: Is he here yet or is he on the way? (他到了吗还是他在过来的路上?)

11. on the whole
定义: 总而言之, 总的来说.
例句: On the whole I think it is a good idea but I would still like to study it further. (总的来说, 我认为这是一个好主意但我还想要再进一步地研究它)

12. on the wing
定义: 飞行中; 移动中, 活跃的.
例句: New research shows that some species of birds can actually sleep on the wing. (新的研究显示出一些鸟类实际上能够在飞行中睡眠)

13. on the wrong scent
定义: 走错路线, 走入歧途; 追错人, 寻错目标.
例句: With this new clue, it's becoming clear that we've been on the wrong scent for months. (由于这条新线索, 越来越明确的迹象显示我们数个月来一直沿着错误的方向进行)

14. on the wrong side of ..., be
定义: 令某人不痛快; 激怒某人; 令某人厌恶.
例句: The best way to get through this class is to say nothing unless called upon, and to make sure you don't get on the wrong side of the teacher! (最好熬过这堂课的办法就是老师没叫你发言你最好别发言, 再来就是千万别激怒这位老师!)

15. on the wrong tack/track
定义: 走错路线, 走入歧途; 追错人, 寻错目标.
例句: If you think my son was involved, you are on the wrong track. (如果你认为我儿子有涉案的话, 你认错了人)

16. on thin ice
定义: 如履薄冰, 处在险境.
例句: You're now on thin ice, Jefferson. If you come in late one more time, you're fired! (你现在处境相当危险啊, 杰弗逊. 如果你再一次迟到的话, 你将被解雇!)

17. on this fateful day
定义: 在这个命运攸关的一天.
例句: It was truly difficult to express into words what she had gone through on that fateful day. (她所经历的那个攸关命运的一天真是很困难用语言来描述)

18. on tick
定义: [英国]赊帐.
例句: I've already spent so much on this trip that I had to buy some last-minute purchases on tick. (这次旅游我已经花费了许多钱, 我不得不以赊帐方式购买一些最后一刻要买的东西)

19. on time
定义: 准时; 在约定好的时间; 分期付款.
例句: I'm leaving on time for the first time this week. I'll leave my cell phone on, and if anyone needs me can call me. (这是我这星期第一次准时离开. 我不关我的手机, 如果有人需要找我的话可以打电话给我)

20. on tiptoe
定义: 翘首以待, 兴奋急切; 蹑手蹑脚, 小心翼翼.
例句: We had to walk on tiptoes so that my parents didn't hear us leaving the house. (我们必须蹑手蹑脚地走路, 这样我父母就听不见我们溜出家门)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客