royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 839

帖子 royl » 周六 10月 19, 2019 2:01 pm

二十笔实用成语 839

01. one's (own) doing
定义: 是你所做的事.
例句: Is that mess in the kitchen your doing? (厨房里那一片脏乱是不是你弄的?)
图片
厨房里一片脏乱

02. one's doom is sealed
定义: 某人的厄运已经注定.
例句: The die is cast and their doom is sealed. (局势已定, 他们的厄运也已经注定了)

03. one's ears are burning
定义: 耳朵发热因为别人正在论议你.
例句: Are you two talking about me? My ears are burning. (你们两人是不是在谈论我? 我的耳朵正在发热)

04. one's formative years
定义: 一个人的成长发展, 性格形成的年月.
例句: This gives us an intimate look into the formative years that shaped her into the icon she is today. (这样便让我们仔细观察她过去成长发展的岁月是如何促成她登上今日偶像地位)

05. one's goose is cooked
定义: 完蛋了, 没机会了, 没戏了; 东窗事发, 图穷匕现.
例句: If we don't win this game, our goose is cooked. (如果我们没法赢得这场比赛的话, 我们就没戏了)

06. one's hands are clean
定义: 无辜; 手脚干净, 奉公守法; 没有涉及非法, 不道德或令人厌恶的事情.
例句: No one whose hands are clean ever made it very far in this business. (在这种行业里, 没有一个混得风生水起的人是手脚干净的)

07. one's hands are tied
定义: 受到限制, 不能通融, 束手束脚, 无能为力, 没办法.
例句: I'd love to raise your salaries but my hands are tied. (我很愿意给你们加薪但我也无能为力)

08. one's head swims
定义: 头昏目眩.
例句: Every time she made any sudden movements her head swam like it was filled with water. (每次她做出任何突如其来动作的时候, 她便感觉头晕脑涨)

09. one's heart is in the right place
定义: 出于善意; 心存善念; 并无恶意.
例句: He makes some serious mistakes sometimes but his heart is in the right place. (他有时候会犯下一些严重的错误但是他还是心存善念, 并无恶意)

10. one's heart misses/skips a beat
定义: 令人极度吃惊, 惊吓或惊喜; 心跳悸动.
例句: My heart skipped a beat when the truck almost hit us last night. (昨夜那部卡车差一点撞上我的时候我吓得目瞪口呆)

11. one's heart stands still
定义: 令人极度吃惊, 惊吓或惊喜; 心跳停止.
例句: My heart stands still whenever the principal calls me into her office, even if I know I haven't done anything wrong! (每当校长叫我到她办公室的时候, 虽然我知道我没犯错我还是怕得要命!)

12. like (one's) life depends on it
定义: 攸关生死存亡; 极为重要.
例句: This project could very well determine the future of the company, so start working like your lives depend on it! (这项工程很可能是决定公司未来兴衰的关键, 所以大家要努力以赴就好像是做一件关乎生死存亡的大事!)

13. one's lucky number comes up
定义: 某人时来运转.
例句: My lucky number finally came up when I was chosen to go to Los Angeles in order to represent our company at the conference. (这次我被选派去洛杉矶代表我们公司参加这场大会, 我终于时来运转)

14. one's middle name, be
定义: 某个人的本性, 专长; 某个人的第二名或字.
例句: You don't need to worry about Donna – "safety" is her middle name. (你们不需要担心唐娜的安危 – "注意安全"是她的本性)

15. one's mind is made up
定义: 主意已决, 不会改变.
例句: Once his mind is made up, he won't listen to a word you say. (一旦他的心意已决, 他再也不会听你一句话)

16. one's mind is set on someone/something
定义: 心意已决要做某事, 得到某人爱或欢喜或取得某物.
例句: My wife had a dream to get a SUV, so our minds are set on that car. (我太太有一个购买运动型休旅车的梦想, 因此我们心意已决要买那部车)
图片
运动型休旅车

17. one's moment in the sun
定义: 一个人意气风发的时刻.
例句: Jonathan had his moment in the sun when one of his videos went viral on the Internet and, for a little while at least, he became a household name. (强纳森意气风发时刻来到了当他的一部视频在互联网上迅速窜红, 起码红火了一小阵子, 他也成了家喻户晓的人物)

18. one's opposite number
定义: 某人的对手, 另一阵营或组织同一级别的人.
例句: I spoke with my opposite number in the other company but he didn't agree with me about the new sales policy. (我跟另一家公司同一级别的人商量过但他不同意我有关新的销售政策. 注: 虽然两人任职不同的公司但这两家公司有可能同属一家母公司)

19. one's (own) lookout, be
定义: 自己的责任自己承担; 自己的事, 自己的事务或职责.
例句: If he wants to invest all his money in one company, that's his own lookout. (如果他想要把他所有的钱都投资在一家公司的话, 那是他自己的事)

20. one's own man/master/person/woman, be
定义: 独立自主, 有担当, 有自己的主见, 不受制于人.
例句: You can't just accept everything you read in the media – you have to be your own man. (你不可以在媒体上不论看到什么讯息都信以为真– 你必须要有自己的主见才不会受到误导)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客