royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 840

帖子 royl » 周三 10月 23, 2019 8:55 pm

二十笔实用成语 840

01. one's sincerest apologies
定义: 某人的最诚挚道歉.
例句: It was a mistake on our part, please accept our sincerest apologies. (这是我们的过失, 请接受我们最诚挚的道歉)

02. one's spirits rise
定义: 心情愉快, 勇气高昂.
例句: My spirits rose when I heard the good news. (听到那则好消息之后, 我心情变得愉快)

03. one's (own) undoing, be
定义: 造成自己失败的原因; 促成自己的身败名裂.
例句: The team's weak defense was their undoing. (这支球队软弱无力的防守是他们失败的主因)

04. one's use of the language
定义: 某人所惯用的语言; 用字遣词.
例句: He was a brilliant conversationalist, argumentative to a fault, salty in his use of the language, funny, warm and friendly. (他是一名出色又健谈的人, 太爱争论, 用字遣词上很粗俗, 为人风趣, 热情以及和蔼可亲)

05. one-shot deal, a
定义: 只发生一次的事情. (注: 意指不是经常性或重复性的事务)
例句: We don't want this to be a one-shot deal. We hope to have the festival every year. (我们不想要这个活动只发生一次. 我们希望以后每年都举办这个节庆)

06. one-stop shop/store, a
定义: 一站购齐的商店. (注: 意指可以一口气购得所需物品, 不须跑几家店)
例句: Our goal is to become the one-stop shopping mall of cyberspace. (我们的目标是成为网路世界上一站购齐的大型购物中心)

07. one-term president, a
定义: 只当一任的总统. (注: 意指总统在任内表现不佳, 无法连任)
例句: Bush 41 ended up a one-term president unable to kick-start an economy in a recession and seemingly out of touch with the problems of the common man. (第四十一任总统布什成为了只当一任的总统,他无法于经济不景气时拉动经济, 也似乎不了解一般百姓所面临的问题)

08. one-track mind, a
定义: 脑子一根筋; 死脑筋, 脑子里光想一件事.
例句: He has a one-track mind. All he thinks about is money. (他脑子一根筋. 满脑子想的都是钱)

09. one-trick pony, a
定义: 只会一招, 只会一技能的人.
例句: The app developers took the world by storm with an addictive game for smart phones, but they've been seen as just a one-trick pony ever since that success. (这些应用程序开发人员推出一款令人会上瘾的智能手机游戏震惊了世界, 但是自从那个一举成功之后他们便被视为只会一招的人)

10. one-two punch, a; old one-two (punch), the
定义: 拳赛中的连环拳; 两个紧接打击的组合拳; 两道结盟力量.
例句: The boxer's put his opponent in a daze with a flurry of punches, then brought him down to the mat with the old one-two. (这名拳击手以一阵疾拳猛击把他的对手打得晕头转向, 然后再以组合拳将他击倒在地上)

11. one-way conversation, a
定义: 单方或单向会话. (注: 意指只听一人说话而另一人沉默不语或不许说话)
例句: I'm not going to engage in a one way conversation with Chris. Notice that I asked him a question or two and I got no response. (我不会再跟克里斯进行一场单向会话. 注意我问他一两个问题而我却得不到他的回应)

12. one-way street, a
定义: 单行道, 只拿不给, 单方面的行动或交流.
例句: Doing business with that guy is a one-way street – he doesn't give any discounts, only asks for them. (跟那个人做生意是个单方面只拿不给的交易– 他不给别人任何折扣,却只要求别人给他折扣)

13. one-way traffic, a
定义: 单向交通. (注: 意指单行道上的交通).
例句: Only one-lane, one-way traffic was allowed from 7 o'clock to 11 o'clock AM and 1 o'clock to 5 o'clock PM Monday through Friday. (星期一至星期五, 上午七点至十一点, 下午一点至五点只允许单线车道, 单向交通)

14. ongoing investigation, an
定义: 正在进行的调查; 持续在进行的调查.
例句: This is an ongoing investigation and we're following up on all available resources to bring to justice, those who are responsible. (这是一件持续在进行的调查, 我们正在藉由所有可资利用的资源作后续调查以图将那些罪犯绳之以法)

15. only a matter of opinion
定义: 只是各人观点不同的问题.
例句: There's no real answer to which brand of appliance is the best. It's only a matter of opinion. (哪一个家电品牌是最好的其实并没有真正的答案. 只是各人观点不同而已)

16. only after
定义: 只有在...之后才会如何如何.
例句: A patient may accede to surgery only after the doctor assures him it's better than the alternatives. (只有在医生向病患保证手术治疗比其他一些可供选择的疗法更具疗效之后, 此名病患也许会同意接受手术治疗)

17. only game in town, the
定义: 只此一处, 无别家分店. (注: 意指唯一选择或没有别的选择)
例句: For years, that diner was the only game in town, but now a chain restaurant is opening. (多年来, 那家路边小餐馆是本镇唯一的一家餐馆, 但是现在有一家连锁餐厅正开张了)
图片
路边小餐馆

18. only have eyes for ..., to
定义: 只喜钟爱...(例如某人).
例句: You've no need to be jealous. I only have eyes for you. (你大可不必吃醋. 我心里只喜欢你一个人)

19. only have to
定义: 只须, 只须...就能...
例句: If you ever need any help with anything, you only have to ask. (如果你有任何事情需要帮助的话, 你只须开口说一声就行)

20. only if
定义: 只有(在某条件下).
例句: I'd personally choose to stay in this city for the rest of my life but only if I could afford it. (个人来说, 我会选择我下半生留在这间城市但只有在生活上我能负担得起便可)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客