royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 842

帖子 royl » 周五 11月 01, 2019 11:46 am

二十笔实用成语 842

01. open all hours, be
定义: (商店)全天二十四小时开门做生意.
例句: Is that pharmacy open all hours? I know it's 2 AM, but I just got out of the ER and need to fill my prescription. (那个药房是不是全天开业? 我晓得现在是凌晨两点, 但我才从急诊室出来, 需要去配我的处方药)

02. open an account, to
定义: 开立帐户. (注: 你到银行可以开支票帐户, 储蓄存款帐户; 当然你投资股票或资产管理也要开户)
例句: When opening an account in person, most banks require two forms of identification such as a Social Security card, driver's license, state ID, passport or birth certificate. (当你本人去开户的时候, 大部分银行要求两种形式的身份证明例如社会安全卡, 驾照, 州身份证, 护照或出生证明)

03. open and aboveboard, be
定义: 光明正大; 诚实公平, 不玩花招.
例句: If there was one thing she prided herself on, it was being open and aboveboard. (如果有一项她特别自豪的优点, 那就是她光明正大, 不耍花招)

04. open book test, an
定义: 可以看书的考试.
例句: In fact, these are often quite difficult, as an open book exam requires a genuine understanding of the material. (事实上这些考试相当困难, 作为可以看书的考试需要学生对课业有真正的了解才能考及格)

05. open book, an
定义: 易懂或容易了解之人或事; 诚实不耍花样.
例句: These legal contracts are anything but an open book. (这些涉及法律的契约根本不是那么容易看得懂)

06. open door to a world of opportunities, an
定义: 开启了众多机会大门.
例句: A good school constructs a strong base of values and open door to a world of opportunities to make a better future. (一个优秀学校建构一座强而有力的价值基础, 开启了众多机会大门以图创造更好的未来)

07. open enrollment, an
定义: 公开入学, 自愿入学, 免试入学. (注: 公开入学是指美国有些公立学校允许别的学区学生入学. 学区是指依行政区域所划分的独立学区或市府学区)
例句: Community colleges, because of their mission of open enrollment, do not exclude students on the basis of high-school preparation or test scores. (社区学院, 由于它们公开免试入学的任务, 并不排除学生们基于他们高中时有否入大学准备或其考试成绩. 注: 意指美国社区学院只要是高中毕业生申请入学, 一概都收)

08. open fire, to
定义: 开火, 开始射击; 抨击或责问某人.
例句: The reporters opened fire on the police commissioner with a barrage of intense questions. (这些记者们以一连串火辣的问题责问这位警察局长)

09. open house, an
定义: 开放招待; 开放参观.
例句: Westside High School will host an open house from 3 to 7 p.m. today, and all parents are invited to attend. (魏斯塞高中将于今日下午三点至七点开放参观, 所有家长们都被邀请出席)

10. open old sores/wounds, to
定义: 撕裂旧伤, 重起争端, 重算旧帐.
例句: The fight got pretty nasty, and we both started opening old wounds from years ago. (那场骂架闹得双方都撕破脸, 我们两方开始重算多年前的旧帐)

11. open one's eyes, to
定义: 睁大眼睛, 看清楚或面对事实或情况.
例句: You need to open your eyes and face the truth! (你需要睁大眼睛, 面对真相!)

12. open one's heart, to
定义: 敞开胸怀, 愿意告诉别人内心想法或感觉.
例句: She suddenly opened her heart when I began talking to her on the bus. (她突然敞开她的胸怀当我开始在巴士上跟她聊天的时候)

13. open one's mind, to
定义: 敞开心怀, 愿意接受不同的思想或方式. (注: 所以某人思想开放可以形容为open-minded)
例句: She encourages her students to open their minds and try to see things from new perspectives. (她鼓励她的学生敞开心怀, 试着从新的角度来看事情)

14. open question, an
定义: 尚未解决, 尚未定论的问题.
例句: Whether private schools give children a better education is an open question. (私立学校是否能给予小朋友更佳的教育仍是一个没有定论的问题)

15. open season, an
定义: 不停地被人骚扰, 无情批评或攻击的时期; 合法狩猎或钓鱼的时期. (注: 在美国要狩猎或钓鱼必须要买执照)
例句: Nancy said there should be an open season on sex offenders. (南茜说该有一个可以不停地骚扰, 无情批评或攻击性侵犯者的时期. 注: 这句话当然是句气话, 因为即使是罪犯也受到法律的保护)

16. open secret, an
定义: 公开的秘密(其实已经不是秘密).
例句: It is an open secret that he will be leaving the company next month. (他将于下个月离开这家公司已经是个公开秘密)

17. open some doors, to
定义: 替人造成一些机会, 帮助别人成功.
例句: I'm hoping my college diploma will open some doors. (我希望我的大学文凭能够替我造成一些就业机会)

18. open the door to, to
定义: 为...造成机会; 导致...
例句: Tolerating vandalism is opening the door to more serious crime. (容忍肆意毁损他人财物行为只会导致更多更严重的罪行)
图片
肆意毁损他人财物

19. open the throttle, to
定义: 开足马力, 踩油门加速行驶.
例句: I gently opened the throttle, and the truck began to ease forward. (我轻轻地踩油门加速, 这部卡车便开始缓缓地向前行)

20. open to criticism, be
定义: 容易遭致批评的, 脆弱的, 有商榷必要的.
例句: Don't openly or directly admit that you've done something wrong while you're in a leadership position, or you'll just open yourself to criticism from all sides. (当你身居领导职务的时候, 千万别公开或直接承认你做了错事, 否则你便正好容易遭致各方的批评)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客