royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 843

帖子 royl » 周三 11月 06, 2019 11:00 pm

二十笔实用成语 843

01. open to question, be
定义: 容易遭致质疑的, 脆弱的, 有商榷必要的.
例句: Your decision to allow liquor at the party is indeed open to question. (你容许烈酒在派对上供人饮用的决定确实有商榷的必要)

02. open to reason, be
定义: 愿意听人讲理或劝告.
例句: Talking to such a man won't do any good; he is not open to reason. (跟这种人说什么都没用; 他听不进道理)

03. open to suggestions, be
定义: 愿意倾听或接受不同的想法或意见.
例句: You should try to be more open to suggestions if you want to create the best product possible. (如果你想要创造最优秀的产品, 你应当试着更愿意倾听不同的想法)

04. open twenty-four hours a day, be
定义: (论及便利商店)全天营业.
例句: We are open twenty four hours a day seven days a week! No appointment needed for emergencies and ICU services. (我们每周七天全天营业! 急诊和加护病房服务不需要预约)
图片
每周七天全天营业急诊中心

05. open up a can of whup-ass, to
定义: [不雅俚语]压倒性的击败, 打伤, 惩罚, 管教.
例句: If that punk doesn't shut up soon, I'm going to have to go over there and open up a can of whoop ass! (如果那个小混混不马上闭嘴的话, 我准备过去揍他一顿! )

06. open up a can of worms, to
定义: 添乱子, 引发了一堆麻烦, 惹出源源而来的问题.
例句: I worry that trying to tweak the existing system could open up a can of worms that we're not anticipating. (我担心想要把现有系统作微小调整可能会引发了一些我们意想不到的麻烦)

07. open up, to
定义: 开放, 让人进入; 展现, 展开, 展示; 割开, 切开; 开火, 开始攻击; 敞开心怀, 愿意谈论内心想法; 开幕, 开工, 开办, 开业.
例句: I've been trying to get Jeff to open up a bit, but he just likes to keep things to himself. (我一直试图让杰夫敞开心怀并且愿意谈论内心想法, 但他却宁愿把话藏在心里不愿谈论)

08. open with, to
定义: 以...开场, 开始.
例句: The performance opened with Donna, who played the flute. (这场表演以唐娜的长笛吹奏开场)
图片
一名女士吹奏长笛

09. open-and-shut case, an
定义: 一清二楚, 明显易懂的事件; 直接了当, 容易解决的问题.
例句: If either spouse admits adultery, divorce is an open-and-shut case. (如果夫妻两者任何一方承认婚外情的话, 那么离婚便成了一桩容易解决的问题)

10. operative word, the
定义: 重点关键字. (注: 意指一句话中最具关键意义的字或词)
例句: The police released a statement saying they have not yet filed any charges with the operative word being "yet." (警方发布一份声明声称他们迄今尚未提出任何指控而此声明中的重点关键字便是"迄今. ")

11. opportunity knocks but once
定义: [谚语]机不可失, 失去便不会再来. (注: but once在此意为only once).
例句: Opportunity knocks but once, if you don't accept the job in Shanghai now, you'll never find a similar job! (机不可失, 失去便不会再来, 如果你现在不接受这份上海的工作, 你将再也找不到类似的工作!)

12. opportunity of a lifetime, an
定义: 一辈子难得的机会; 千载难逢的机会.
例句: It was an opportunity of a lifetime: go to graduate school at one of the most prestigious universities in the world, all expenses paid. (这是个千载难逢的机会: 去一所世界上最富声望的大学之一就读研究所, 自己不需要支付任何费用)

13. opportunity of his/one's life, the
定义: 一生难求的机会. (注: 意指一生中最好的赚钱良机)
例句: It was the opportunity of my life because I was able to return to the job market and to finally work in the area that I liked. (它是个一生难求的机会因为我能够重返就业市场并且能够终于在一个我喜欢的领域里工作)

14. opposed to, be
定义: 反对, 对抗.
例句: We are opposed to these corporations who plan to move in and destroy local business. (我们反对这些大型企业打算要迁移进来并且摧毁本地商家)

15. opposite is the case, the
定义: 正好相反. (注: 意指相反的意义才是对的, 才是真的)
例句: When the atmosphere is warmer, it can hold more water vapor, and the opposite is the case when it's cold. (当大气层变暖的时候, 它可以留住更多的水气, 当它变冷的时候,它的表现正好相反)

16. opt out (of), to
定义: 选择退出, 选择不参与.
例句: If you choose to opt out of sharing your information, some areas of our websites may not be accessible or useable. (如果你选择不分享你个人资料的话, 我们网站上的一些活动区域可能无法进入或无法使用)

17. options are limited, one's
定义: 选择是有限的.
例句: Beggars can't be choosers. If you are poor or in a difficult situation your options are limited. (要饭的哪可以挑三拣四. 如果你是个穷人或身处困境的话, 你的选择是有限的)

18. or bust
定义: 尽一切力量赶到某地或累死在半途; 尽一切力量做好某事不成功不罢休.
例句: She was determined to make straight A's or bust. (她决心要取得全A成绩不成功不罢休)

19. or else
定义: 否则; 要不然; 要不然你等着瞧. (注: 有时用于警告或威胁语句例如: Be there on time, or else! 你最好准时到那儿, 要不然你等着瞧!)
例句: We need to pay the electric bill, or else the electricity will be shut off. (我们需要付清这份电费账单, 否则供电将被切断)
图片
电费账单

20. or lack thereof
定义: 或因此有所缺少, 或因此不存在, 或因此没有做到. (注: 意指合约使用的辞句试图将各种情况列入考虑)
例句: She was open to hearing from anyone, no matter their religion or lack thereof. (她愿意听取任何人的意见, 不论他所信仰的宗教为何或者即使他没有宗教信仰都不重要)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 47 访客