royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 844

帖子 royl » 周一 11月 11, 2019 7:33 pm

二十笔实用成语 844

01. or so
定义: 大约, 左右. (注: 尤其指数目)
例句: A dozen or so people were at the meeting. (大约十来个人出席了这场会议)

02. or some such ...
定义: 或者诸如此类的...
例句: She said she was too busy or some such nonsense. (她说她很忙碌或诸如此类的瞎扯借口)

03. or what have you
定义: 或等等. (注: 意指在列举出诸多项目时不能一一都提到只有在句尾加及等等项目)
例句: We accept all types of payments be it credit, check, cash, or what have you. (我们接受所有种类的付款方式不论是信用卡, 支票, 现金, 等等)

04. or what?
定义: or what加在一个问句之后便是1. 询问发生了什么, 2. 询问你的意向, 3. 加强语气.
例句: Look at what I am wearing? Is that a great suit jacket or what? (看看我穿了什么? 这不是一件很帅气的西装外套还是什么?)
图片
西装外套

05. or whatnot
定义: 或等等. (注: 意指在列举出诸多项目时不能一一都提到只有在句尾加及等等项目)
例句: You can use that little cup to hold paper clips, push pins, or whatnot. (你可以使用那个小杯子装回形针, 图钉, 等等)

06. orchestrate a comeback, to
定义: 卷土重来, 力图复苏, 东山再起, 试图扭转颓势.
例句: In the 1990s, his son Danny successfully orchestrated a comeback, introducing his pop's music to a younger generation. (在一九九零年代期间, 他的儿子丹尼成功地卷土重来, 把他当时的流行音乐介绍给年青的一代)

07. order bacon and eggs for breakfast, to
定义: 点培根和鸡蛋作为早餐.
例句: My parents always order bacon and eggs for breakfast at the restaurant. (我父母总是在餐馆点培根和鸡蛋作为早餐)

08. order of the day, the
定义: 指定好的议程任务; 当时流行习俗或风潮.
例句: Red is the order of the day – red clothing, red balloons and our usual display of red geraniums. (红色是当今的流行风潮 – 红衣服, 红气球, 以及我们通常展出的红色天竺葵花)
图片
红色的天竺葵花

09. order someone about, to
定义: 颐指气使, 耍老大地指挥别人.
例句: You can't just come in here and start ordering people about. (你不能就这样闯进来, 颐指气使地指挥人们)

10. order still stands, the
定义: 这道命令还是有效力的. (注: stand在此用为具有效力)
例句: Of course the order still stands! Have you heard anything to the contrary? (这道命令当然还是有效力的! 你们听到了跟这道命令相反的消息吗?)

11. orders from the top, the
定义: 从上级下达的命令.
例句: The orders from the top are to complete the task, no matter what. (上级下达的命令是: 无论如何都必须完成这项使命)

12. ordinance vs. ordnance
[易混淆字或片语]ordinance(名词)法令, 条例, 条令, 仪式, 任命为牧师; ordnance(名词)大炮, 武器, 军械.

13. oreo, an
定义: [种族岐视语]奥利奥饼干人; 被黑人加上标签的喜欢与白人相处或行为模仿白人的美国黑人. (注: Oreo cookies本来是美国受欢迎的夹白色馅黑色饼干)
例句: That oreo shows up to every social event the college hosts. (只要这所大学主办的任何社交活动那个奥利奥饼干人一定会出现)
图片
外黑里白的奥利奥饼干

14. organize one's thoughts, to
定义: 将思路条理清楚, 整理好思路.
例句: I have a lot to say, but now I need to organize my thoughts first. (我有很多话要说, 但是现在我先要整理好我的思路)

15. organized crime, the
定义: 有组织的犯罪; 黑社会, 黑帮; 有组织犯罪集团.
例句: The murders may have been linked to organized crime. (这些谋杀案件也许跟黑社会有关连)

16. orgy of destruction, an
定义: 肆无忌惮的摧毁.
例句: A man who wrecked his girlfriend's home in an orgy of destruction walked free yesterday because the maximum punishment was a few weeks in jail. (一名将他女友房子肆无忌惮地摧毁一通的男子昨日刑满出狱因为此罪行最严厉的处分是服刑几个星期)

17. Oriental vs. Asian
[易混淆字或片语]Oriental(名词)东方人, 许多人认为Oriental是不礼貌的称呼; 如果你不知道某亚洲人国籍就可称呼Asian, 如果知道其国籍就直接以其国籍(例如: Chinese, Japanese, Korean等)称呼以避免不礼貌.

18. originate from, to
定义: 发源于, 产生于, 来自.
例句: The goji berries we use to create this juice originate from Ningxia, so you can be sure that you are getting an authentic flavor. (这些我们用来制作果汁的枸杞果子是来自宁夏, 因此你可以确定你所尝到的是纯正风味)
图片
枸杞汁

19. other half, one's
定义: 另一半, 配偶或情人; 与富人相对的穷人或与穷人相对的富人.
例句: I don't believe we have anything planned for that night, but let me check with my other half first. (我们那一天晚上应该是没有任何的计划, 但还是让我跟我另一半先核实一下吧)

20. other side of the coin, the
定义: 反过来说; 从另一角度来看.
例句: I'd love to go out with you tonight, but, on the other side of the coin, I could use some extra sleep too. (我很愿意今晚跟你约会, 但是, 反过来说, 我也需要多睡一点觉. 注: 意指我与其跟你今晚出去约会, 还不如今晚在家早睡补一点觉)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客