royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 853

帖子 royl » 周六 12月 07, 2019 2:28 am

二十笔实用成语 853

01. over fifty years old
定义: (年纪)超过五十岁. (注: 这里的五十岁可以用其他岁数取代)
例句: In autopsies of men over sixty years old, nearly one in every three specimens will bear some evidence of prostatic malignancy. (对六十岁以上男子遗体解剖的研究上, 几乎每三具样本中便有一具样本带有前列腺恶性肿瘤的迹象)

02. over here
定义: 就在这里.
例句: "Where are you dad?" "I'm over here." ("爸爸你在哪儿?" "我在这里.")

03. over last few years
定义: 在过去的几年里.
例句: Over last few years, smartphone ownership rising fastest among young adults in emerging economies as well as in advanced economies. (在过去的几年里, 智能手机拥有率不论在新兴经济体而且在发达经济体的年轻成人里都以最高速度增加)

04. over one's dead body
定义: 休想; 你决不会容许某事发生.
例句: "I want to marry your sister." "Over my dead body!" ("我想要娶你的妹妹为妻." "你想都别想!")

05. over one's head
定义: 超出了解; 能力或财力所及; 越级; 完全地.
例句: The joke went over her head so we had to explain it to her. (她没听懂这则笑话, 因此我们还得要跟她解说它)

06. over something
定义: 有关于某事, 为了某事.
例句: It makes no sense to fight over a piece of furniture that's worth $500 by spending an additional $1000 in attorneys and court fees. (为了一件只值五百元的家具却花费额外一千元律师费和诉讼费一点都不值得)

07. over the edge
定义: 疯狂, 激动失控, 做得过火了.
例句: I think this time he's gone over the edge. (我觉得他这次做得过火了)

08. over the hill
定义: 过了人生高峰, 年老力衰; 风华不再, 过气.
例句: He thought that his friend was over the hill and shouldn't be working so hard. (他认为他的朋友已经年老力衰, 不应该这么辛苦地工作)

09. over the hump
定义: 克服最困难的一部分, 渡过难关.
例句: After saving $2000, I was over the hump. I could pay the tuition. (省下两千块钱之后, 我总算渡过了难关. 我可以付学费了)

10. over the long run
定义: 从长期来看, 终究.
例句: Over the long run, he plans to expand his business and then sell it and retire. (从长远来看, 他计划扩大他的事业规模, 然后再卖掉它并且退休)

11. over the moon
定义: 兴奋不已, 雀跃三尺.
例句: Tom was over the moon about becoming a father this morning. (汤姆今早成为了一名父亲, 他高兴得雀跃三尺)
图片
产房内被父亲亲吻额头的初生婴儿

12. over the odds
定义: 超过预期的(价格, 结果).
例句: We were told that Wi-Fi was free and as it turned out we had to pay over the odds to access the Internet. (我们原来被告知Wi-Fi的使用是免费的, 但最后变成我们必须付出昂贵费用才能上网)

13. over the past few years
定义: 在过去的几年里.
例句: Over the past few years, we have been working hard to provide the best possible service without cutting any corners. (在过去的几年里, 我们一直努力提供最佳服务却不贪图便宜, 牺牲品质)

14. over the radio
定义: 从广播或无线电(所听到, 所谈论的).
例句: They had heard over the radio that a pedestrian had been shot close to their neighborhood. (他们从广播中听到了一名行人在他们家附近被枪杀)

15. over the short term
定义: 在短期内.
例句: While the bill will fund the government over the short term, it does nothing to address the overall budget deficit that still looms over the country. (虽然这项法案可以在短期内资助政府的运作, 它却无法解决这个国家阴魂不散的全面性预算赤字问题)

16. over the top
定义: 过份, 过度, 过于戏剧化, 超越目标或指定额度.
例句: Perhaps I was a bit over the top, accusing you of being a traitor. (也许我是有些过份, 指控你个叛徒)

17. over the transom
定义: (未经事先同意而)主动送交或提供地.
例句: I get a lot of stuff over the transom, and this year I am going to do my best to thank everyone who's contributed material to the site. (我收到不少别人自动送来的资料, 今年我要尽我所能地感谢所有无偿提供资料给我网站的人士)

18. over the way
定义: 有关于这个方法或态度; 街道的对面.
例句: They live over the way from us. (他们住在我们的对街)

19. over there
定义: 就在那里.
例句: The restroom is over there, sir. (洗手间在那边, 先生)
图片
洗手间告示牌 – 男士洗手间在右边

20. over time
定义: 逐渐地; 随着时间的流逝.
例句: Don't worry, things will get better over time. (别担心, 情况会渐渐地好转)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客