请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 2

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 08, 2010 11:06 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 2

Fill-in-the-blanks Instructions: Select the word listed on the bottom which best fills in each blank.
请选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一个空格内.

01. I met a great guy but he's not my _________, what can I do?
02. Don't get me wrong, he's not ugly by any _________.
03. I'm learning Spanish for my own enjoyment so I'm not in a big _________.
04. He didn't specifically deny it, but he _________ me to believe that I was on the wrong track.
05. I really enjoy his companionship but at the same time I don't want to _________ him along.
06. I'm never going to be good enough for you, _________ I?
07. I can't _________ to express how uplifting it was when our first backup team arrived on Friday morning.
08. I can't _________ enough the importance for all of us to maintain a strong online presence.
09. I have done exactly as it says and it's not working. I don't know what _________ can I do?
10. I _________ it that you have figured out a way around the configuration problem?
11. Stop teasing me; just show me how it's _________.
12. Won't work, nice try _________.
13. I know, it's too late for that, but you have to _________ the line somewhere
14. If it will make you happy, I will knock it _________ to $40.
15. There's a lot of anger in me and I have to do something to get it out of my _________.
16. There is no sense to _________ back and allow violence and crime to overtake our fair land when something can be done to prevent it.
17. You just don't get _________, do you?
18. What makes you think you're _________ special when you smile?
19. I wouldn't be so naive to _________ we can all agree on the subject of politics.
20. I know it sounds harsh but they were necessary at the time and the _________ is even worse.

(am, alternative, assume, begin, done, down, draw, hurry, it, led, means, more, sit, something, stress, string, system, take, though, type)

royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 2

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 10, 2010 1:13 am

二十道填充题答案与解说

请网友注意, 你只能选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一空格. 我花时间专门寻找出美国人经常使用的成语, 片语/词组, 句型来考验网友希望您经过考试来加强记忆. 我所选出的句子再实用不过了, 希望网友不可错过这些学习机会, 也就是说每天抽一点时间来逛逛.

01. I met a great guy but he's not my type, what can I do?
解说: 我遇到一位好棒的男人, 但他不是吸引我的那种人(not my type), 我该怎么办呢? 这题主要是看网友熟不熟悉"not my type, be"这个片语/词组. 请注意, type在此是某种人, 某种个性的人, 千万不可翻译成种类或类型.

02. Don't get me wrong, he's not ugly by any means.
解说: 别误会我(Don't get me wrong), 他绝不是(is not … by any means)长得难看.

03. I'm learning Spanish for my own enjoyment so I'm not in a big hurry.
解说: 我在学西班牙文作为我自己的消遣所以我并不赶时间(意指不急着想一口气学完). 这题主要是看网友熟不熟悉"in a big hurry".

04. He didn't specifically deny it, but he led me to believe that I was on the wrong track.
解说: 他并没有明确地否认, 但他让我相信(led me to believe)我的做法/想法是错误的(on the wrong track). 主要是看网友熟不熟悉"to lead someone to believe"与"on the wrong/right track".

05. I really enjoy his companionship but at the same time I don't want to string him along.
解说: 我实在很喜欢与他为伴, 但是同时我又不愿意玩弄他的感情. 这里的"to string someone along"也有吊人胃口的意思与前面的翻译并无冲突之处.

06. I'm never going to be good enough for you, am I?
解说: 我永远不配你赏识/瞧得起, 是吗? 这题纯粹是提醒网友, 如果前文是否定语气, 后面的问句则要使用肯定语气; 反之亦然, 如果前文是肯定语气, 后面的问句则要使用否定语气. 举个例子: If I insist on getting my own way, won't I lose my friends? (假如我坚持己见的话, 我难道不会失去我的朋友吗?)

07. I can't begin to express how uplifting it was when our first backup team arrived on Friday morning.
解说: 我无法表达我多么振奋当我们第一个支援队伍在星期五早上到达时. 这题是考验网友是否熟悉"can't begin"这个片语/词组. 以最浅显的话来解释"can't begin"是"无法"之意, 也就是带着夸张的意味来形容心情. 举个例子: I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for your help. (我无法告诉你我多么感激你的帮助)

08. I can't stress enough the importance for all of us to maintain a strong online presence.
解说: 我无法再更加强调我们要保持强力的线上知名度的重要性. 这题是考验网友是否熟悉"can't … enough"句型. 另外, online presence的presence比较难翻译, 基本上这是指在网路上维持知名度或影响力.

09. I have done exactly as it says and it's not working. I don't know what more can I do?
解说: 我已经完全依照它所指示去做, 但仍不成功. 我真不知道我还能做什么? 这题是考验网友是否熟悉此类句型.

10. I take it that you have figured out a way around the configuration problem?
解说: 我估计/我认为(I take it)你已经想出来绕开这个配置问题的办法. 这题是考验网友熟不熟悉"I take it"这个常用词汇.

11. Stop teasing me; just show me how it's done.
解说: 别再吊我胃口, 就直接告诉我怎么做吧. 这题是考验网友熟不熟悉"how it's done"这个常用词汇. 还有, 我们都知道tease是取笑或戏弄的意思, 但也有吊人胃口, 故作神秘态的意义. 这就是我希望网友身边一定要有一本称职的字典. 如果您的字典里没有写出吊人胃口的定义, 您要考虑再找一本更详尽的字典.

12. Won't work, nice try though.
解说: 没用, 尽管你尽力了. 这句话有两种解释, 第一是你想捉弄我, 但我已经看出来你的意图, 所以我告诉你别想得美. 第二个解释是,你想解决问题, 但仍然无法成功, 鼓励性地告诉你试得不错(也就是试一下总比不试好, 精神可嘉).

13. I know, it's too late for that, but you have to draw the line somewhere
解说: 我知道那件事已经太迟了, 但是你总要坚持底线. 这题是考验网友熟不熟悉"to draw the line somewhere"这个成语. 请注意, "to draw the line"有两个意义: 1. 把两者意义厘清, 2. 坚持底线, 有所为, 有所不为, 违反原则的事拒绝做. 但是这里所说的个人底线与道德原则并没有关系. 举个例子, 有人坚持不吃海鲜, 有人坚持不洗厕所, 也有人坚持不雨天出门的底线.

14. If it will make you happy, I will knock it down to $40.
解说: 假如使你满意, 我会把价钱降到四十块钱(knock it down to $40). 这题是考验网友熟不熟悉"to knock down"这个片语/词组; 但因为to knock down还有其它意义, 我为了省时间, 请网友自己去查.

15. There's a lot of anger in me and I have to do something to get it out of my system.
解说: 我内心充满着愤怒, 我必须要把它(愤怒情绪)除去. 这个"to get it out of my/your system"除了前述的解释之外还有一个就是把某一个想要做的事情做完, 如此你就不会再一直着想它. 举个例子: You keep talking about making a trip to China. I think you just need to do it and get it out of your system. (你一直谈着要去中国旅游. 我认为你就去做吧, 这样你就不会再想它了)

16. There is no sense to sit back and allow violence and crime to overtake our fair land when something can be done to prevent it.
解说: 当可以采取行动来防止其发生时, 没必要坐视不管(to sit back and allow)暴力与犯罪突然发生在我们的美好土地上. "There is no sense to"在此可能会有人解释为"做 … 是没道理或不可理解", 我认为应该是"There is no point to", 也就是"不需要或没必要去做 …"比较贴切.

17. You just don't get it, do you?
解说: 你就是听不懂, 是吗? 这题主要是考验网友熟不熟悉这种句型; 请参考第六题的解说.

18. What makes you think you're something special when you smile?
解说: 你凭什么认为当你微笑时你成为一个特殊人物? 在此我只是考验网友是否真正懂"something"的意义; 它不只是代表事或物, 它也代表人.

19. I wouldn't be so naive to assume we can all agree on the subject of politics.
解说: 我还不至于天真到认为我们都可以对政治议题取得一致意见. 在此, "assume"可以解释为对 … 想当然耳.

20. I know it sounds harsh but they were necessary at the time and the alternative is even worse.
解说: 我知道我这句话听起来残酷无情, 但是这些措施在当时是必要的, 而且另外一个选择则更糟糕.

(本论坛文章欢迎网友转载, 请标明文章来源)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 70 访客