royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 864

帖子 royl » 周三 1月 29, 2020 2:33 am

二十笔实用成语 864

01. pay someone off, to
定义: 付清欠某人的债; 贿赂某人.
例句: Despite the huge amount of evidence, the criminal was still acquitted. He must have paid off the jury! (尽管有大量证据的佐证, 这名罪犯仍被宣判无罪释放. 他肯定贿赂了这批陪审团!)

02. cost/pay/charge the earth, to
定义: 花巨款, 付出一大笔钱.
例句: "Your new house looks pretty awesome!" "I should hope so, it cost the earth!" ("你这栋新房子真气派!" "希望如此, 我可是花了一大笔钱啊!")
图片
气派的房子

03. pay the penalty, to
定义: 付罚款, 付出代价, 接受惩罚, 遭到恶报, 自食恶果.
例句: If you get caught cheating on your exam, you'll have to pay the penalty which could include expulsion. (如果你考试作弊被抓的话, 你将会遭到处分可能还包括被学校开除)

04. pay the piper/price/consequence, to
定义: 付出代价, 接受惩罚, 遭到恶报, 自食恶果.
例句: Someday he'll have to pay the piper for all that he have done. (总有一天, 他肯定会为他所做的一切付出代价)

05. pay the shot, to
定义: [英国与澳洲俚语]付账.
例句: Uncle Sammy paid the whole shot for our trip to China. (山米伯伯支付了我们去中国旅游的一切费用)

06. pay through one's/the nose, to
定义: 付出巨大代价.
例句: Why pay through the nose for a new car when you can get a used car in good condition for less than half the price? (何必付一大笔钱去买一部新车而你却可以花费低于其一半价格购买一部情况良好的二手车?)

07. pay up, to
定义: 付清, 清偿帐务.
例句: For once in a long time, our bills are all paid up! (很久以来这是第一次我们所有的帐务都付清了!)

08. pay with their lives, to
定义: 付出生命, 牺牲性命.
例句: These heroes paid with their lives to keep our country strong. But they have not died in vain. (这些英雄为了我们国家的强盛而牺牲了他们性命. 但他们的死亡并不是徒劳无功的)

09. pay your debt to society, to
定义: 偿还你对社会的债务. (注: 意指罪犯服刑来偿还你对社会的伤害)
例句: After 10 years in prison, he has paid his debt to society and is a free man. (监狱服刑十年之后, 他偿还了他对社会的债务, 现在又回到自由之身)

10. pay your money and take your choice, to
定义: 既然你付钱, 由你决定.
例句: We can take the train or the bus – you pays your money and takes your choice. (我们可以搭乘火车或巴士 – 既然是你付钱, 由你决定该怎么走)

11. paying customers
定义: 花钱买东西的客户. (注: 如果你问买东西的客人一定要付钱这有什么了不起? 其实重点是作生意最重要是赚钱, 光看不买的客人对生意没有直接帮助, 所以花钱买东西的客人才是生意兴隆的动力)
例句: Our goal was just to get as many paying customers in the store as possible. (我们的目标只是尽可能地招来越多的花钱买东西的客人进入店内消费)

12. peace of mind, a
定义: 内心平静, 安心. (注: 没烦恼, 没罪恶感)
例句: Having money in my savings account just gives me peace of mind. (有了钱在储蓄帐户里存放才让我安心无忧)

13. peace out, to
定义: 离开.
例句: We peaced out of that lecture to go get some burgers. You want to come with us? (我们离开了那场演讲出来买一些汉堡. 你要不要跟我们一起走?)

14. peak-hour traffic, the
定义: 尖峰时段的壅塞交通. (注: 意指早上及下午的上下班时间)
例句: Today, when I started for work I was a bit late and got stuck in the peak-hour traffic. (我今天晚了一点出门上班, 被卡在尖峰时段的壅塞交通里)

15. peanuts
定义: 花生; 小钱, 小损失, 没什么价值的东西.
例句: It's hardly a big loss. That's peanuts for a company that generated $200 billion in revenue and $10 billion in profit last year. (这根本不算一笔大损失. 对于一家去年创造两千亿美元总收入以及一百亿利润的公司来说这都是小钱)

16. pearl of wisdom, a
定义: 宝贵睿智的劝告.
例句: The old woman shared her pearls of wisdom with the struggling teen, in the hopes of making him feel better. (这位老嬷嬷给予这名在痛苦中挣扎的少年一些宝贵睿智的劝导, 希望能够让他感觉舒畅一些)

17. peck on the cheek, a
定义: 在某人脸颊上一记轻吻. (注: 常用在give him/her a peck on the cheek)
例句: He leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek. (他倾身过去轻吻一下她的脸颊)
图片
在脸颊上的一记轻吻

18. pecking order, the
定义: 在团体, 社会, 国际中以身份高低形成的阶级秩序; 一群动物里以身份决定了取食的顺序.
例句: He started as a clerk but gradually rose in the pecking order. (他以一名文员身份起步然而却逐渐地在这个团体秩序的阶梯上爬升)

19. peculiar to, be
定义: 是...所特有的.
例句: The porcelain body of the Qianlong period is very fine and white, many of the specimens having a style of painting peculiar to the Chinese artists of this period. (这件乾隆时代的瓷胎非常精细和洁白无疵, 许多作品都拥有这个时期中国艺术家所特有的绘画风格)
图片
乾隆时代瓷器

20. peddle snake oil, to
定义: 卖假药, 吹嘘, 欺骗, 误导.
例句: But he just goes on to try his luck peddling snake oil to the next unsuspecting victim. (但是他仍旧想要碰他的运气, 继续欺骗误导下一个没有戒心的受害者)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 50 访客