请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 3

帖子 royl » 周五 6月 11, 2010 12:51 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 3

Fill-in-the-blanks Instructions: Select the word listed on the bottom which best fills in each blank.
请选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一个空格内.

01. Good riddance, as _________ as I'm concerned.
02. I told him if he didn't _________ us alone, you would kick his butt.
03. For some reason, I thought they _________ up a long time ago.
04. I wouldn't _________ my health for a million dollars.
05. You may just have a _________ on someone or you may be deeply in love,
06. You asked _________ what age you should be able to make your own decision.
07. My friend Mike has been going _________ some pretty hard times recently.
08. Andrew is single after quietly _________ ways with his longtime girlfriend Barbara last year.
09. Does that mean you have to stay that _________?
10. I didn't say that either. What I _________ say was that it's fair to question a person's judgment if that person is seeking to be our next President.
11. You _________ be surprised how many people believe they don't need a lawyer in court.
12. If I _________, I would.
13. Why would I lie _________ you? I don't even know you.
14. What do you _________ by 'social justice'?
15. I love you not for who you are, but _________ I am when I'm by your side.
16. I _________ I could turn back the time. And I wish I wouldn't cry every night.
17. Hey, I don't mean to offend you but it's just my two cents. No offense _________ at all.
18. We are all packed up and ready to _________ home.
19. Let me know what I can do to make you a long-term client and I will do my best to _________ your needs.
20. When someone tells you that you “sound like a broken record”, he _________ that you are repeating the same thing over and over again.

(at, broke, could, crush, did, far, head, leave, mean, means, meet, parting, taken, to, trade, through, way, who, wish, would)

royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 3

帖子 royl » 周六 6月 12, 2010 6:56 pm

二十道填充题答案与解说

请网友注意, 你只能选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一空格(而且每个单字只能使用一次). 我花时间专门寻找出美国人经常使用的成语, 片语/词组, 句型来考验网友希望您经过考试来加强记忆. 我所选出的句子再实用不过了(I mean it), 希望网友不可错过这些学习机会, 也就是说每天抽一点时间来逛逛.

01. Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.
解说: 依我看法(as far as I'm concerned), 摆脱某一讨厌事或物或看到某人滚蛋感觉真好(Good riddance). 这句话意指"如释重担"或"大快人心" . 这一题主要是让网友熟悉常用成语.

02. I told him if he didn't leave us alone, you would kick his butt.
解说: 我告诉他, 假如再打扰我们的话, 你就会揍他一顿. 请注意成语: "to leave someone alone"(不打扰某人), "to kick someone's butt"(击败某人或某队, 痛殴某人).

03. For some reason, I thought they broke up a long time ago.
解说: 不知何故(For some reason), 我以为(thought)他们很久以前就分手了(broke up a long time ago).

04. I wouldn't trade my health for a million dollars.
解说: 给我一百万美金我不会拿我的健康交换. 这句话是表示我很珍惜我的健康.

05. You may just have a crush on someone or you may be deeply in love,
解说: 你也许只是迷恋某人或者你也许真正深爱某人. "to have a crush on someone"主要是指短暂的迷恋(a passing infatuation), 并不是深爱.

06. You asked at what age you should be able to make your own decision.
解说: 你问到在哪一个年龄你应该能够替自己作决定. 在这题, 我是要加强网友对指示时间(to indicate age or position in time)的介词at的熟悉度.

07. My friend Mike has been going through some pretty hard times recently.
解说: 我的朋友麦克最近经历到(has been going through)一段相当的艰难日子(some pretty hard times).

08. Andrew is single after quietly parting ways with his longtime girlfriend Barbara last year.
解说: 安德鲁在去年不声张地与他的长期女友分手, 现在又回复单身. 这提主要是考验网友对"to part ways with …"(与…分手)这句成语熟悉度.

09. Does that mean you have to stay that way?
解说: (难道)这意味着你必须维持这个状况/态度? 这题是考验网友是否熟悉此类句型. 假如这句话是一种不满的问句, 而对方答覆是"是的", 你可以回答这句话: "Stay that way then"(如果是这样的话, 你就维持这个状况/态度吧)

作者按: 网友也许会问, 为什么我说出的英语总是缺一点老美英语的味道? 我想你一直在"英翻中"或"中翻英里"头忙碌, 你不会有太多时间来琢磨老美说话的小节, 例如: "Stay that way then", "It's hard work. I enjoy it though", "Don't write off Toyota just yet", "Age is nothing but a number", 等等.

10. I didn't say that either. What I did say was that it's fair to question a person's judgment if that person is seeking to be our next President.
解说: 我也并没说那句话. 我所说的是, 假如某人寻求下一任总统的话, 质疑此人的判断力是公允的. 这题我主要是强调以助动词, didn't, 为前文, 我们可以使用同一助动词, did, 在后文呼应. 在美国的文法原则中有一条叫作"parallelism", 也就是平行对应的技巧.

11. You would be surprised how many people believe they don't need a lawyer in court.
解说: 你会惊讶得知有多少人相信他们上法庭不需要律师(来代表他们打官司). 这题我要强调"would be surprised"常用语.

12. If I could, I would.
解说: 假如我能够做到, 我会做到. 希望网友能记住这句常用语.

13. Why would I lie to you? I don't even know you.
解说: 我都不认识你. 我干嘛骗你? 希望网友能记住"to lie to someone"这句常用语.

14. What do you mean by 'social justice'?
解说: 你的'社会正义'是什么意思? 希望网友能记住"to mean by …"这句常用语.

15. I love you not for who you are, but who I am when I'm by your side.
解说: 我爱你不是因为你的金钱/身份地位, 而是因为在你身边我可以完全作为自己(意指不须矫揉造作). 这一题与第十题一样地强调"parallelism", 也就是平行对应的技巧; 前文一个who, 后文也以另一个who相应.

16. I wish I could turn back the time. And I wish I wouldn't cry every night.
解说: 我希望能让时光倒流. 我也希望我每晚不哭.

17. Hey, I don't mean to offend you but it's just my two cents. No offense taken at all.
解说: 嘿, 我无意冒犯(don't mean to offend)你, 但是这只是我的一点意见(just my two cents, 谦虚语). 没关系, 我没感到被冒犯(No offense taken). 您瞧瞧一句话里有多少成语或常用语啊!

18. We are all packed up and ready to head home.
解说: 我们都以打包好了(all packed up)以及准备回家(ready to head home).

19. Let me know what I can do to make you a long-term client and I will do my best to meet your needs.
解说: 请你告诉我, 我该如何做才能使你作为长期客户, 我将尽力达成你的需求(to meet your needs).

20. When someone tells you that you “sound like a broken record”, he means that you are repeating the same thing over and over again.
解说: 当有人告诉你, 你听起来像个跳针唱片, 他是说, 你不停重复说同一件事. 这此考试, 我使用了mean跟means两个选择来看网友是否能区分他们的正确用法.

(本论坛文章欢迎网友转载, 请标明文章来源)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 10 访客