royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 869

帖子 royl » 周六 2月 22, 2020 8:08 pm

二十笔实用成语 869

01. pick up the phone and call ..., to
定义: 拿起电话打给某人.
例句: Most people never pick up the phone and call for help and most people never ask why it happened. (大多数人从不拿起电话向人求助, 大多数人也从不询问这件事为什么会发生)

02. pick up the pieces, to
定义: 把碎片拼凑修好; 收拾破碎的心.
例句: After her husband died, she tried to pick up the pieces of her life. (她丈夫过逝之后, 她试图收拾她破碎的人生)

03. pick up the tab/bill/check, to
定义: 接受账单付钱, 替别人付钱.
例句: I picked up the tab for tonight's dinner. (我付了今晚晚餐的账)

04. pick up the threads, to
定义: 重新再开始做一件被中断的事.
例句: We've all been trying to pick up the threads of our lives after the economic crash. (经济崩盘之后, 我们都试图恢复我们被打断的正常生活)

05. pick up, to
定义: 抓住并提起来; 搜集; 清理; 接载乘客或货物; 偶然地买进; 从学习或经验中取得知识; 从别的队请来或交换来的球员; 感染到疾病; 得到, 赢得; 与陌生人聊天或作伴; 将嫌犯拘提收监; 浏览, 观景; 追踪; 买单付账; 接收讯号或视音讯; 明白, 了解; 恢复精神; 增加; 继续, 回复工作; 运动竞赛里担任防卫对手的任务; 增加或恢复速度, 体力或活动力; 整理; 打包行李.
例句: Honey, can you pick up a jug of milk on your way home? (亲爱的, 你可不可以在回家路上顺便买一瓶牛奶?)

06. picture isn't looking good, the
定义: 情况不妙.
例句: If your financial picture isn't looking good at the moment that's a pretty good indicator that you shouldn't be spending gobs of money on Christmas gifts. (如果你目前财务状况不佳的话, 那就是一个你不应该花费大把钞票在圣诞礼物上的明确警示指标)

07. pie in the sky, a
定义: 不切实际的计划或梦想; 空谈, 空想; 空中楼阁.
例句: He keeps talking about how he'll move to Los Angeles to be a famous actor, but it's just pie in the sky if you ask me. (他一直谈论著有关他将来如何迁移到洛杉矶, 成为一名家喻户晓的演员, 但对我来说这只是空谈如果你问我意见的话)

08. piece by piece
定义: 一点一点地, 循序渐进地.
例句: It took years, piece by piece we turned this ramshackle old house into a real home. (我们花了好几年, 一点一滴地我们把这栋年久失修的老房子转变成一栋真正的居家)

09. piece of ass/tail, a
定义: [不雅俚语]性感诱人的女子; 性伴侣, 性玩物.
例句: I saw Allison last night in her short skirt – what a piece of ass she is! (我昨晚看见了艾丽森穿着一条短裙子 – 她真是一名性感女神!)

10. piece of cake, a
定义: 一片蛋糕; 易如反掌的事, 小事一桩.
例句: I thought I was going to fail the test, but it turned out to be a piece of cake! (我以为我将会考不及格这场考试, 但这场考试结果很容易!)

11. piece of change, a
定义: [俚语]一笔钱.
例句: That's a pretty big piece of change to drop on a used car! (你在这部旧车上花了不少钱啊!)
图片
许多美国人投入金钱和精力将自己心爱的老车修复

12. piece of crap, a
定义: [不雅俚语]废物, 品质糟透的物品; 人渣.
例句: Only a real piece of crap would treat someone like that. (只有这种人渣滓才会那样对待别人)

13. piece of evidence, a
定义: 一件证据.
例句: The finding is the latest piece of evidence that vaccines can help prevent cancer. (这个最新调查的结果是一件疫苗可以帮助防治癌症的证据)

14. piece of one's mind, a
定义: 坦白, 严厉的批评或责备.
例句: If my son stayed out all night, I'd give him a piece of my mind. (如果我儿子一夜外出不归的话, 我会很严厉地责备他)

15. piece of piss, a
定义: [不雅俚语]轻松的事, 易如反掌的事.
例句: Changing the oil? It's a piece of piss – I'll show you how. (更换机油? 那是一件轻松活 – 我来教你怎么做)

16. piece of shit, a
定义: [粗俗语]不堪使用的东西; 胡说八道的谎言; 人渣.
例句: Only a real piece of shit would use racist terms like that. (只有这种人渣才会使用像这样的种族歧视字眼)

17. piece of the action, a
定义: 分得一杯羹, 从活动中分得的一份利润, 好处.
例句: The solar power explosion had begun and everyone wanted a piece of the action. (这场太阳能发电的风潮迅猛地爆发已经开始了, 人人都想要分得一杯羹)

18. piece of the pie, a
定义: 分得一杯羹, 分得的一份利润或好处.
例句: The business owner wanted all of his employees to have a piece of the pie, so he gave them all company stock as a holiday bonus. (这位业主想要让他所有的员工分享公司利润, 因此他给予他们每个人公司股票作为年终奖金)

19. piece of work, a
定义: 优秀不凡的人, 成就或产品; 复杂, 难相处或怪异的人.
例句: Boy, our new boss is a real piece of work. Remind me to stay out of her way! (唉呀, 我们的新老板真是不好惹. 提醒我离她远一点!)

20. piece together, to
定义: 拼凑完整; 从多件讯息中研判和弄清真相.
例句: Federal investigators are experts at piecing evidence together to track down criminals. (联邦调查人员是一群从多件证据中研判及追查罪犯的专家们)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 47 访客