royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 871

帖子 royl » 周一 3月 02, 2020 5:05 pm

二十笔实用成语 871

01. pinch an inch, to
定义: 以手指捏出一片身上脂肪.
例句: "If I can pinch an inch, am I fat?" "No. Just pleasantly plump." ("如果我能捏出一片脂肪的话, 我算肥吗?" "不肥. 只是讨人喜欢地丰腴")
图片
只能捏出一片脂肪并不代表肥胖

02. pinch off a loaf, to
定义: [俚语]排粪便; 上大号.
例句: "Where were you?" "In the can, pinching off a loaf." ("你在那儿?" "在厕所, 上大号." 注: 中国人称小便为上小号, 称大便为上大号; 美国人则称小便为上一号, 称大便为上二号)

03. pinch pennies, to
定义: 省吃俭用; 节省; 谨慎花钱.
例句: We have been pinching pennies for months in order to save money for our vacation in the winter. (多个月来我们一直在省吃俭用为了我们的冬季假期存下一些钱)

04. pinched for money, be
定义: 手头紧, 缺钱.
例句: He was always pinched for money or at least that's what he says. (他总是缺钱还是至少他是这么说的)

05. pine for, to
定义: 眼巴巴地盼望尤其是得不到的东西.
例句: You can't just sitting here pining for your ex-boyfriend. It's over – you need to get out there and live your life! (妳不能就坐在那儿盼望你的前男友回心转意– 妳必须走出去, 活出妳的人生!)

06. pink slip, a
定义: 解雇通知单.
例句: He received his pink slip yesterday and no longer has a job. (他昨天收到了他的解雇通知单, 不再这里工作了)

07. pip someone at the post, to
定义: [英澳俚语]险胜; 更胜一筹.
例句: She applied for a job at the university, but she got pipped at the post by a man with more publications to his name. (她去这家大学申请工作, 但她被另一男子以发表较多的论文更胜一筹取得工作)

08. pipe down, to
定义: [命令语]安静下来! 小声点! 别讲话!
例句: Pipe down! Mom's talking on the phone. (小声点! 妈妈在讲电话)

09. pipe dream, a
定义: 白日梦, 不切实际的计划或寄望.
例句: Your hopes of winning a lot of money are just a silly pipe dream. (你的赢大钱希望只不过是个荒唐的白日梦)

10. pipe up, to
定义: [命令语]大声讲! 讲大声点!
例句: We asked the speaker to pipe up so that we could hear him. (我们要求演讲者讲大声点这样我们才可以听清楚他的话)

11. piping hot, be
定义: 滚烫的.
例句: On a cold night, I like to eat a bowl of piping hot noodles. (在一个冷飕飕的夜晚里, 我就想吃一碗热滚滚的面条)

12. pique someone's curiosity/interest/emotion, to
定义: 激起某人的好奇或兴趣或任何情绪.
例句: Nothing piques my ire like people who don't use their turn signals when they're driving! (没有比那些开车却不打方向灯的人们更令我气愤!)

13. piss about/around, to
定义: [不雅俚语]游手好闲, 不务正业.
例句: Have you done anything constructive, or have you just been pissing about all day? (你做了任何有建设性的事情吗, 还是你只是整天游手好闲, 不务正业?)

14. piss against/in/into the wind, to
定义: [不雅语]自找麻烦, 自寻烦恼, 做无济于事努力.
例句: You're pissing against the wind because you will change nothing. (你只是做无济于事的努力因为你什么都改变不了)

15. piss and moan, to
定义: 不停地抱怨; 嘟嘟嚷嚷地抱怨.
例句: If you spent less time pissing and moaning and more time doing your work, you'd be finished a heck of a lot sooner! (如果你少花一点时间在抱怨上, 多花时间做你的工作上, 你早就可以做完了!)

16. piss away, to
定义: [不雅俚语]浪费掉.
例句: Stop pissing away you life. Go out and get a job. (别浪费你的生命. 出去找一份工作)

17. piss down, to
定义: [不雅俚语]下大雨.
例句: Put on your rain coat – it's pissing down outside! (穿上你的雨衣 – 外面在下大雨!)

18. piss in someone's cornflakes, to
定义: [不雅语]扫某人的兴, 激怒某人.
例句: Sorry to piss in your cornflakes, but my mom's got asthma, so take your cigarettes outside. (不好意思扫了你的兴, 但我妈妈有哮喘病, 所以请你到外面抽烟)

19. piss in someone's pocket, to
定义: [澳洲不雅俚语]逢迎某人, 奉承讨好某人.
例句: Stop pissing in my pocket. It's not going to help your chances at a promotion. (不必讨好我. 这对你的升迁机会不会有什么帮助)

20. piss like a racehorse, to
定义: [不雅语]撒一大脬尿, 尿出很多.
例句: Can we pull over soon? I need to piss like a racehorse! (你能不能够快一点路边停车? 我需要撒一大脬尿!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 60 访客