回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 879

帖子 royl » 周三 4月 08, 2020 11:48 am

二十笔实用成语 879

01. plead the Fifth, to
定义: 拒绝回答. (注: 意指美国宪法修正案第五条保障嫌犯不必在法庭或调查庭回答对自己不利的问题)
例句: He pleaded the Fifth when his wife asked him where he'd spent the night. (他拒绝回答他妻子询问他昨晚在哪儿过夜的问题)

02. plead with, to
定义: 恳求, 哀求.
例句: I pleaded with him to reconsider, but he said his mind was made up. (我恳求他重新考虑, 但他说他的心意已决)

03. pleasant financial situation, a
定义: 令人满意的财务状况.
例句: If you have a great business and a pleasant financial situation in this life, you are blessed. (如果你拥有一份成功事业和一个令人满意的财务状况, 你是有福之人)

04. Please allow 14 business days for delivery.
[成语句型]请给予我们十四个工作天的时间交货. (注: 请参考business day的定义)

05. please be seated
定义: 请坐(下来).
例句: Ladies and gentlemen, please be seated. Our flight is ready for departure. (女仕和先生们, 请坐下来, 我们航班准备要起飞了)

06. please enlighten me
定义: 请你启发我, 教导我. (注: 经常这句话使用在讽刺性语, 好像你很笨而对方很聪明)
例句: Please enlighten me, as to how you came to that conclusion. (请你教导我有关于你是如何得出那个结论)

07. please RSVP vs. please reply
定义: [易混淆字或片语]RSVP就是please reply请回覆的缩写, 所以使用please RSVP就是"请请回覆", 换句话说, please就是多余的. (注: 在此提醒读者要先弄清楚缩写字的意义以避免使用重复话语)

08. Please show appreciation for what he's done for us.
[成语句型]请大家感谢他为我们所做的一切. (注: he's done就是he has done的缩写)

09. please yourself
定义: 随便你, 随你.
例句: "I'm going to skip the party tonight." "OK, please yourself." ("我今晚不准备参加这个派对." "好吧, 随你.")

10. pleased as punch, be (as)
定义: 很高兴或愉快.
例句: I am pleased as punch that you two were able to come to my birthday dinner after all! (我很高兴你们两人毕竟能够赶来我的生日晚宴!)

11. pleased to hear that/this/it, be
定义: 高兴听到这个消息. (注: 意指你听完了某人所说的好消息所说的欢欣话语)
例句: "Is your sister feeling better?" "Yes, thank you for asking." "I'm pleased to hear it." ("你姊姊是否好了些?" "好些了, 谢谢你的关心." "很高兴听到这个消息.")

12. pleasing to the ear/eye, be
定义: 赏心悦耳/目.
例句: The name "Jennifer" is pleasing to my ear. If your name is Jennifer, I'm inclined to like you. That's just how it is. ("珍妮弗"这个名字让我赏心悦耳. 如果妳的名字是珍妮弗, 我便会比较喜欢妳. 就是这样)

13. pleasing to the taste, be
定义: 美味可口.
例句: Wow, honey. This dark chocolate mousse cake you made is definitely pleasing to the taste! (哇, 亲爱的. 妳做的这盘黑巧克力慕斯蛋糕绝对美味可口!)
图片
黑巧克力慕斯蛋糕

14. pleasures of the flesh
定义: 肉体享受, 肉欲. (注: 意指食色或吃喝玩乐等肉体享受)
例句: I think self-love is to live in accordance with nature which means moderation, balance, and striving not to overindulge in pleasures of the flesh. (我认为"自爱"是过着与大自然和谐相处的生活, 也就是自我节制, 保持平衡, 以及力求避免过度放纵肉体享受)

15. Pledge of Allegiance, the
定义: 效忠誓词.
例句: The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an expression of allegiance to the flag of the United States and the republic of the United States of America. (向美国效忠的誓词是一份对美国国旗以及对美利坚合众国共和体制效忠的表现)

16. make a pledge of, to
定义: 宣誓, 允诺.
例句: Tom made a pledge of $50,000. To date, he has paid only half of this pledge. We've sent him two reminders of the pledge and have received no response so far. (汤姆承诺捐赠五万美元的款项. 至今, 他只支付了他承诺数目一半的捐款. 我们已经寄出两份提醒他兑现承诺的催缴信, 但迄今仍未收到他的回应)

17. enough/plenty to go around, be
定义: 还有很多, 大家都有份的.
例句: On our state's high property taxes, there's plenty of blame to go around. (对于我们这州房地税居高不下的问题, 论起责任的承担大家都有份)
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/states-h ... 00576.html
房地税最高的十州

18. plop down, to
定义: (漫不经心地)一屁股地坐下或躺下; 漫不经心地放下; 付出, 花费.
例句: I just can't afford to plop down $30 for a T-shirt. (我实在拿不出三十元买一件T恤)

19. plot against, to
定义: 密谋对付(某人); 对某人图谋不轨.
例句: His two younger brothers plotted against him to have him removed from the head of the company. (他的两个弟弟对他图谋不轨想要免除他的公司负责人职务)

20. plot of land, a
定义: 一小片计划要使用的地目.
例句: We bought a 10-acre plot of land outside San Antonio ten years ago. (十年前我们在圣安东尼奥市郊外买了一块十英亩土地)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客