royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 882

帖子 royl » 周日 4月 19, 2020 11:38 pm

二十笔实用成语 882

01. point one's toes, to
定义: (芭蕾舞或瑜伽动作)脚尖绷紧, 脚尖伸直.
例句: Everyone knows you have to point your toes in ballet class, but nobody seems to be able to do it correctly. (大家都知道练芭蕾舞的时候你必须要脚尖伸直, 但似乎没有人能够做得正确)
图片
练芭蕾舞的时候你必须要脚尖伸直

02. point out, to
定义: 评论, 明确指出, 提出反对理由.
例句: She was very kind when she pointed out the mistakes that I had made. (她在指出我所犯的错误的时候, 她的态度很和蔼)

03. point Percy at the porcelain, to
定义: [澳洲俚语]男人撒尿.
例句: Be right back, I've got to go point Percy at the porcelain. (马上回来, 我必须要去撒尿)

04. point the finger at someone, to
定义: 指控, 指责, 指认某人.
例句: She'll say that she doesn't blame anyone, but I know that, in her heart, she points the finger at me. (她会说她不怪任何人, 但我知道, 在她的心里, 她其实指责的人是我)

05. point the way, to
定义: 指引路径.
例句: She pointed the way to the exit. (她指向出口的方向)

06. point to/toward, to
定义: 指向, 指出, 提出, 证实, 意指, 面向.
例句: Tom pointed to the trees behind the cabin when Peter asked where the bathroom was. (彼得询问厕所在哪儿的时候, 汤姆指向小木屋后面的那片树丛)

07. point up, to
定义: 强调, 着重; 点出, 指出.
例句: I'm not causing the problems, I'm just pointing them up. (我没有造成这些问题, 我只是把它们点出来)

08. point well taken, a/one's
定义: 说得有理; 观点被人心悦诚服接受.
例句: Your point is well taken. I'll consider your suggestion. (你说得很有道理. 我会考虑你所提出的建议)

09. at point-blank range
定义: 近距离.
例句: Detectives believe the close proximity of the casings to the victim's body indicate that he was shot at point blank range. (警探们相信散布在遇害者附近的空弹壳显示出他是在近距离被人射杀的)
图片
子弹壳

10. pointed question, a
定义: 激怒人的, 尖锐的, 或意有所指的问题.
例句: "Why did you take the files?" "Stop with the pointed questions! I didn't take the files!" ("你为什么拿走这些文件?" "停止问这些激怒人的问题! 我根本没拿这些文件!")

11. pointed remark, a
定义: 激怒人的, 尖锐的, 或意有所指的话语.
例句: He made a pointed remark during the meeting that was clearly designed to get my attention. (在会议上, 他说了一句意有所指的话语, 显然是为了要引起我的注意)

12. poison pill, a
定义: 毒药丸; 企业毒药丸措施用来对抗恶意并购的企图.
例句: Sensing that XYZ Corporation was looking to acquire their company to exploit its valuable intellectual property, the board of directors passed a poison pill to ward them off. (察觉到XYZ公司正想要收购他们公司以便利用其珍贵的知识产权, 董事会通过了企业毒药丸措施来对抗并购企图)

13. poison someone's mind, to
定义: 毒化某人的思想.
例句: Keep him away from our children or he will poison their mind. (要他远离我们的小孩, 否则他会毒化他们的思想)

14. poison vs. venom vs. toxin
定义: [易混淆字或片语]Poison是一种致病或致命的毒素, 我们可以说食物中毒为food poisoning; 我们也可以说被人下砒霜毒药或砷中毒为arsenic poisoning. Venom是一种动物带有的毒素, 例如蛇毒, 蜘蛛毒或蝎子毒. Poison和venom都可称为toxin, 也就是毒素.

15. poison-pen letter, a
定义: 黑函. (注: 意指匿名恶意中伤, 诽谤信函)
例句: Shortly after announcing his candidacy, he received an anonymous poison-pen letter attacking his platform. (就在他宣布参选后不久, 他收到了一封攻击他竞选政策的匿名黑函)

16. poke about/around, to
定义: 探究; 调查; 东翻西找; 到处打听.
例句: I don't want you poking around in my personal life. (我不要你到处打听我的私生活)

17. poke along, to
定义: 漫步徐行, 信步闲逛; 缓慢的工作步伐.
例句: If we keep poking along like this, we'll never get the project finished in time for the holidays. (如果我们一直这样地缓慢工作下去, 我们永远都没法在假期之前及时完成这项工作)

18. poke fun at, to
定义: 取笑, 嘲笑.
例句: She is always poking fun at the way her husband plays golf. (她总是取笑他丈夫打高尔夫球的样子)

19. poke one's nose into, to
定义: 多管闲事; 打听或介入别人的私事.
例句: I wish you would quit poking your nose in and just leave us alone! (我希望你别介入我们的私事, 别来烦我们!)

20. poker face, a
定义: 板着脸, 脸上毫无表情, 不露声色.
例句: Make sure you keep your poker face on for these negotiations. We can't let them know where we stand. (在交涉的过程中, 你务必要保持脸上不露表情. 我们可不能让他们看出我们的立场)
图片
脸上毫无表情

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客