royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 889

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 10, 2020 10:49 pm

二十笔实用成语 889

01. pretend to be unaware, to
定义: 装作不知情.
例句: Children will tr​​y to tell you what is wrong, but you can pretend to be unaware of the "silly something," so they'll have to verbalize what they see! (小朋友会试图告诉你出了什么问题, 但是你可以装作不知道他们所说的"傻事," 如此他们才不得不使用言语来描述他们所看见的事! 注: 这句话是在鼓励牙牙学语的小朋友尽量用语言表达自己)

02. pretend to be, to
定义: 假装是.
例句: I don't pretend to be an expert on hummingbirds, but I do have a lot of personal experience with these little flying jewels. (我不想假充是个蜂鸟专家, 但是我确实拥有大量跟这些娇小的飞行宝贝互动的亲身经历)

03. pretty as a picture, be (as)
定义: 风景美如画; 风光旖旎, 美不胜收.
例句: The set up of our dinner on the beach was prettier than a picture. (我们在海滩上的晚餐布置风光旖旎, 美不胜收)
图片
海滩上的晚餐

04. have a (pretty) good chance to, to
定义: 大有希望.
例句: If we join forces with Big Jack, we'll have a pretty good chance to win this game. (如果我们跟大杰克联手的话, 我们将会大有赢得这场比赛的希望)

05. have a (pretty) good shot at, to
定义: 大有可能会.
例句: I think we have a pretty good shot at getting funding for our new business venture. (我认为我们大有可能会为我们的新创事业取得资金)

06. Pretty is as pretty does.
定义: [谚语]一个人的美丽出自她的气质与举止而不是仅凭她的美丽外表.
例句: Janice may have a pretty face, but pretty is as pretty does; the way she behaves isn't pretty at all. (珍妮丝也许有一副美丽容貌, 但是一个人的美丽出自她的气质与举止而不是仅凭她的美丽外表; 她的行为相当丑陋)

07. pretty/fine kettle of fish, a
定义: 窘困棘手的局面.
例句: Well, that's a pretty kettle of fish. I thought I paid the credit card bill, but it turns out that I missed the due date by a week. (唉呦, 这真是个棘手局面. 我以为我付清了这张信用卡帐单, 但结果我是在付款期限日之后一个礼拜才付钱)

08. pretty much
定义: 几乎, 大概, 差不多.
例句: We're pretty much finished – just a few last-minute tweaks to the code. (我们几乎快做完了 – 只需要对代码做最后几分钟的调整就好了)

09. pretty much sums up, that
定义: 大致可以这么说, 大致可以这么总结.
例句: This is a wonderful article that pretty much sums up how I feel. (这是一篇绝妙的文章大致总结了我的心声)

10. pretty penny, a
定义: 不少钱, 很多钱, 很贵.
例句: I bet she paid a pretty penny for that coat. It looks expensive. (我肯定她付了不少钱买那件大衣. 它看上去就不便宜)

11. pretty please
定义: [儿童或诙谐语]求求你?
例句: Can you help me with this science project? Please? Pretty please! (你能不能帮我做这个科学项目吗? 拜托? 求求你!)

12. prevail on/with, to
定义: 成功地说服, 促使.
例句: We prevailed on the committee to stop the developers from building a shopping mall. (我们成功地说服这个委员会制止那些开发商建设一座购物中心)

13. prevent something from happening, to
定义: 防止某事或物发生.
例句: Something is preventing the machine from turning off, so the motor is getting overheated. (某个问题在阻止这部机器关闭, 因此它的马达过热了)

14. Prevention is better than cure.
定义: [谚语]防患未然胜过治疗.
例句: Unless you want to be violently ill for days, get the flu shot now – prevention is better than cure, you know. (除非你想感染到难过多天的病痛, 现在就打流感预防针– 防患未然胜过治疗, 你懂的)

15. prey on (one's) mind, to
定义: 受心里折磨, 心有罣礙, 心事重重.
例句: The death of his father is really preying on his mind at the moment. He thinks it was his fault. (这一时刻他父亲的死亡着实使他的心灵受到煎熬. 他认为这是他的过错所造成的)

16. prey on/upon, to
定义: 猎食, 掠夺, 剥削, 诈欺, 折磨.
例句: These mega-corporations are all too willing to prey upon consumers. (这些巨型公司都很乐于剥削消费者)

17. price gouging, the
定义: 哄抬物价, 存心诈欺.
例句: In most states, price gouging during a time of emergency is considered a violation of unfair or deceptive trade practices law. (大多数州内, 居于紧急情况下哄抬物价是被视为违反了不公平或诈欺性交易手段法规的)

18. price hike, a
定义: 涨价.
例句: The latest gasoline price hike puts further strain as we consumers struggle to make ends meet on a daily basis. (最近的汽油涨价给予每天都要挣扎着维持生计的消费者更大的压力)

19. if the price is right
定义: 如果价钱合理的话.
例句: We're planning to buy some investment property if price is right. (如果价钱合理的话, 我们打算要购买一套投资性房地产. 注: 这里的投资性房地产纯是用来租赁出去赚取租金利润的资产, 当然等它价格上涨之后再出卖赚取利润也是投资的目的之一)

20. price out of the market, to
定义: 因价格太低致使对手失去市场; 要价太高致使自己失去市场.
例句: You are a very good singer, but your agent has priced you out of the market. (你是个非常优秀的歌手, 但你的经纪人要价太高致使你失去了市场)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 60 访客