royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 894

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 04, 2020 1:08 am

二十笔实用成语 894

01. pull at, to
定义: 拉, 扯, 拽; 要求, 争夺, 要求某人注意或专心或关注.
例句: Between work, the kids, and the bills I need to pay, there are just too many things pulling at me right now. I feel like I'm going to snap! (在工作, 子女, 和要付的帐单之间, 现在有太多事情须要我的关注. 我感觉我快要崩溃了!)

02. pull away, to
定义: 拉走, 拖走, 移开; 撤退, 往后退; (车辆)往前开走, 离开, 远离; 超前, 拉开差距.
例句: She noted the car's license plate as it was pulling away. (当这部车开离她的时候, 她记下了车牌号码)

03. pull back, to
定义: 撤退; 往后拉, 拖走.
例句: He pulled the small child back from the street. (他把这个小孩从街上往后拉)

04. pull down, to
定义: 拉下, 扯下; 压抑(热情, 信心或精神); 拆除, 摧毁; 猎获, 捕获, 制服; 降低; 支领薪水.
例句: "Did you hear that they're finally pulling that old factory down?" "About time. That thing was an eyesore!" ("你听说他们终于把那座旧工厂拆除了吗?" "早就该拆了. 那个工厂真是碍眼!")

05. pull for, to
定义: 打气, 支持, 声援, 希望某人或某队赢.
例句: We're all pulling for you, kiddo. You're going to do great! (小伙子, 我们都支持你. 你会做得很好!)

06. pull in the reins, to
定义: 更加谨慎小心; 重新取得控制权, 加紧控制, 严加管教.
例句: I wish those parents would pull in the reins on their kids. The little devils are tearing the place apart! (我希望那些父母们严加管教他们儿女. 这些小魔鬼把这个地方给弄得乱成一团!)
图片
房间乱成一团

07. pull in, to
定义: 控制, 限制; 拘捕; 到达; 赚进, 取得.
例句: We pulled in at four this morning. (我们凌晨四点钟就到达了)

08. pull it off, to
定义: 不畏困难仍然达成任务.
例句: We didn't think we could complete the project before the deadline, but somehow we pulled it off. (在期限之前, 我们没想到我们能够完成这项工作, 但我们总算想办法达成任务)

09. pull no punches, to
定义: 坦诚毫不保留, 不客气, 动真格的.
例句: The report pulls no punches in blaming the government for this crisis. (这篇报告毫不容情地把这次危机的责任归咎于这届政府)

10. pull of gravity, the
定义: 引力, 重力.
例句: The tides rise and fall because of the pull of gravity between the Moon and Earth. (潮汐起落乃是由于月球和地球之间的引力牵引所造成的)

11. pull off a stunt, to
定义: 完成惊人的表演, 绝技; 玩弄引人注目的花招.
例句: You know it takes hours and hours of practice to pull off a stunt like that. (你知道它要耗费许多时间的练习才能够做出像这样惊人的表演)

12. pull off, to
定义: 撕掉; 撕开, 除去, 移走, 取消; 离开(某道路); 不畏困难仍然达成任务.
例句: Don't pull off the bandage or the wound might get infected. (别撕掉这片胶布否则这个伤口会被感染的)
图片
Bandage既可以解释为绷带
图片
Bandage也可以解释为可以贴的胶布

13. pull on, to
定义: 用力拉扯; 用力穿着衣鞋; 用力饮进或吸入; 拔枪指向; 诈欺, 戏弄.
例句: I pulled on my pants quickly and ran outside while putting on my shirt. (我紧快地穿上我裤子, 一面穿上衣一面冲到外面)

14. pull one's hair out, to
定义: 逼疯, 不胜烦扰, 苦恼不堪.
例句: I was pulling my hair out trying to set up the video system. (我试图建立这套视频系统, 它快要把我逼疯了)

15. pull one's punches, to
定义: 没尽全力, 手下留情. (注: 意指并不想重创别人, 所以不使出全力打人)
例句: I want your honest opinion of my story – don't pull your punches! (我需要你对我这篇陈述诚实的意见 – 别手下留情!)

16. pull one's socks up, to
定义: 决心全力投入; 尽更大努力; 力求做得更好.
例句: You had better begin to pull your socks up or you will not be able to continue working here. (你最好力求自己做得更好, 否则你便没法继续在这儿工作了)

17. pull one's weight, to
定义: 尽力做好自己份内工作.
例句: I felt that Tom wasn't pulling his own weight around the house. (我觉得汤姆并没有在这个家做到份内该做的家务)

18. pull oneself together, to
定义: 镇定下来.
例句: I have to pull myself together and get through this crisis. (我必须要镇定下来, 渡过这场危机)

19. pull oneself up by one's own bootstraps, to
定义: 凭自己努力达成任务或成功.
例句: Given a chance, I'm sure I can pull myself up by my own bootstraps. (如果给我一个机会, 我肯定能够凭自己努力达成任务)

20. pull out all the stops, to
定义: 使出浑身解数, 全力以赴.
例句: My friends Mary and Kevin love to have guests in their dining room, and they pull out all the stops to make the meal unforgettable. (我朋友玛莉和凯文喜爱宴请客人, 他们总是竭尽全力做出令人无法忘怀的一餐)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 53 访客