royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 895

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 09, 2020 1:55 am

二十笔实用成语 895

01. pull out of a hat, to
定义: 突然令人惊奇的拿出来, 像变魔术般地.
例句: I didn't think that he was going to be able to find a dictionary but he suddenly pulled one out of a hat and gave it to me. (我原本认为他找不到一本字典但突然间他像变魔术般地拿出一本字典交给我)

02. pull out of the fire, to
定义: 从危难中抢救出来, 转危为安, 施予援救.
例句: Can we rescue this project? Is there time to pull it out of the fire? (我们还能抢救这个项目吗? 还有时间给它施予援救吗?)

03. pull out, to
定义: 离开, 撤退, 撤销, 毁诺.
例句: Both parties can pull out of the mediation process if they are unsatisfied but a signed mediation agreement is legally binding. (双方可以撤出调解过程如果他们对它不满意的话, 但他们所签署的和解协议书可是具有法律约束力的)

04. pull over, to
定义: 把车停到路边, (警察)下令或强制某人靠边停车.
例句: If you get stopped by a police car, make sure you pull over as far to the right as you can. (如果你被警察拦下来的话, 你务必要尽量地把车靠右边停下. 注: 意指尽量地不要挡住或妨碍交通流量)
图片
被警察拦下来靠边停车

05. pull rank, to
定义: 拿官位压人; 仗势欺人.
例句: Even though I'm the boss, I try not to pull rank. I like to let everyone have a say in how things are done. (即使我身为老板, 我也尽量不仗势压人. 我喜欢让大家都畅所欲言表达自己对工作该如何进行的看法)

06. pull round, to
定义: [英国]恢复健康; 恢复昔日状态或价值; 拖着到处走.
例句: Doctors were afraid she wouldn't survive the night, but she's starting to pull round, thank goodness. (医师们还担心她没法熬过今晚, 但她却开始恢复健康, 真是谢天谢地)

07. pull someone aside, to
定义: 把某人拉到一旁说悄悄话.
例句: I pulled one of the waiters aside to complain about the service we received during our meal. (我把一名服务员拉到一旁抱怨有关我们在用餐时所受到的不尽人意服务)

08. pull (one) up on (something), to
定义: 追究某人所说的或所做的事的责任.
例句: The boss pulled Tom up for his erratic behavior and sloppy attire. (老板追究汤姆所表现出的反覆无常态度和邋遢的穿着)

09. pull someone/something to pieces, to
定义: 严厉地, 不公平地抨击某人, 事或物; 将...批评得体无完肤.
例句: Critics pulled his performance to pieces, but fans of the franchise seemed to love it. (球评把他的表现批评得体无完肤, 但他所属的那一球队的球迷却似乎喜爱他的表现)

10. pull someone's chestnuts out of the fire, to
定义: 冒险抢救某人, 使某人转危为安.
例句: I can't believe my car broke down on this desolate road late at night – thank you so much for pulling my chestnuts out of the fire and picking me up! (我真不敢相信我的车子居然在这条荒凉路上大深夜地抛锚了– 非常感谢你大老远过来抢救我, 把我接走!)

11. pull someone's leg, to
定义: 逗某人, 开某人玩笑, 骗某人.
例句: Are you serious or just pulling my leg? (你是说真的还是跟我开玩笑?)

12. pull something out of the bag, to
定义: 拿出解决问题或改善情况的锦囊妙计.
例句: Your job is on the line here, so you'll need to pull something out of the bag at this meeting. (你的工作正面临存亡危机, 因此你必须在这个会议里拿出解决问题的锦囊妙计)

13. pull something together, to
定义: 关闭, 拉拢; 烹调, 准备餐食; 清洁整理; 将事务安排的有条不紊.
例句: This place is a mess. Please pull things together. (这个地方乱七八糟的. 请你把它清洁整理好)

14. pull stakes, to
定义: 拔营, 离去.
例句: If things don't turn around soon we should pull stakes and move on. (如果情况在近期没有改善的话, 我们便应该离开, 换一个新环境)

15. pull strings, to; pull some strings, to; pull a few stings, to
定义: 利用自己权力或影响力来帮助自己或他人; 动用关系.
例句: I hear that the only reason Johnny got into college was because his dad pulled some strings with the president of the university. (我听说强尼进入大学唯一的原因是他父亲对这家大学校长动用了一些关系)

16. pull the plug, to
定义: 拔掉插头或电源; 停止支持, 结束或裁撤; 将(生命垂危病人所使用的)生命维持系统关掉.
例句: They pulled the plug because they felt our department wasn't an important part of the business. (他们裁撤了我们部门因为他们认为这个部门在这家公司里无关紧要, 可有可无)

17. pull the rug (out) from under, to
定义: 突然撤去对某人的支持; 突然离弃某人; 使人倒台或办不成事.
例句: I felt like someone had pulled the rug out from under me when my health insurance said it was going to stop paying for my medical bills. (当我的健康保险公司告诉我它准备要停止支付我医疗费用的时候,我感觉好像某人突然离弃了我)

18. pull the strings, to
定义: 幕后实际操纵或施展影响力.
例句: Although the president of the company has the final say in all these matters, in truth it is really his daughter who pulls the strings. (虽然这家公司的总裁拥有对所有事务的最后裁定权, 但实际上是他的女儿在幕后做实际操作)

19. pull the trigger, to
定义: 扣板机; 采取决定性的行动.
例句: If we don't pull the trigger on this deal then we might never get the chance again. (如果我们不当机采取决定性行动, 那么我们可能再也没有这个机会了)

20. pull the wool over someone's eyes, to
定义: 欺骗, 蒙蔽; 玩障眼法令人上当.
例句: He tried pulling the wool over our eyes by hiding the profits in separate accounts, but we were quick to catch onto his scheme. (他试图把利润隐藏在不相关的帐目里来蒙蔽我们, 但我们也很快地看穿了他的技俩)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 49 访客