royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 898

帖子 royl » 周日 6月 21, 2020 11:30 am

二十笔实用成语 898

01. push/force one's way into, to
定义: 一路推挤进入, 闯入.
例句: A Delaware County man has been charged after he forced his way into a residence, cooked himself a meal and took a shower, police said. (警方起诉一名德拉威尔县男子由于他闯入一间民宅, 为自己做一顿饭, 还洗了个澡)

02. push one's way through the crowd, to
定义: 连推带挤穿过人群.
例句: We had to push our way through the crowd to see what all the fuss was about. (我们不得不连推带挤穿过人群去看看他们大惊小怪地到底发生了什么事)

03. push oneself to keep ..., to
定义: 强迫自己不停地...(现在分词). (注: 意指凭着坚强意志, 不懈地...; 另外, keep之后接着现在分词表示持续不停的行动)
例句: Jimmy constantly pushes himself to keep growing and learning so he's ready to take on new tasks and challenges. (吉米不断地强迫他自己成长和学习因此他已准备好接受新的任务和新挑战)

04. push over, to
定义: 推倒在地; 推开; 高举, 举起.
例句: The bully came by and pushed me over when I wasn't looking. (这名恶霸走过来, 趁我没注意的时候把我推倒在地)

05. push paper, to
定义: 做文书工作; 做琐碎无趣工作.
例句: I spent the summer inside pushing paper for my father's construction company to help pay for college. (这个夏天我在我父亲开的建筑公司里做文书工作来帮助支付大学学费)

06. push someone to the limit, to
定义: 逼人太甚, 逼上梁山; 强迫某人竭尽全力.
例句: He wanted to set himself something that would really push him to the limit of his abilities and to do something that most people might struggle with. (他给自己设立一个目标也就是强迫自己竭尽全力完成一件大多人都会做得很吃力的事)

07. push someone too far, to
定义: 做得太过份; 欺人太甚, 逼上梁山.
例句: Don't push your employees too far, or their productivity will start to suffer. (别对你的员工们太过份, 否则他们的生产力将会开始衰退)

08. push someone's buttons, to
定义: 激怒, 挑衅, 挑起性欲.
例句: I hate Joan's boyfriend, he's always trying to push my buttons, and he's doing a good job of it! (我很不喜欢琼的男友, 他总是想法激怒我, 而且他总是能惹得我火冒三丈! )

09. push something to the back of one's mind, to
定义: 将某事抛诸脑后, 尽量不去想它.
例句: Look, I just want to enjoy the holidays, so let's push the money issues to the back of our minds for the time being, OK? (喂, 我只是想要享受这次假期, 所以咱们暂时把钱的问题抛诸脑后, 好吗?)

10. push the boat out, to
定义: [英国]铺张浪费, 投下大量资金或努力, 大搞排场, 狂欢庆祝.
例句: They really pushed the boat out for their daughter's wedding. (他们真的把他们女儿的婚礼办得风风光光)
图片
铺张大排场婚礼

11. push the boundaries/limits, to
定义: 向极限挑战, 跳脱出传统, 不受限制地, 淋漓尽致地发挥.
例句: Brave thinkers who push the boundaries of knowledge often possess intrepidity and are prepared to face the consequences of challenging the status quo. (向知识极限挑战的勇敢思想家们通常充满无畏的精神准备面对向现状挑战的后果)

12. push the envelope, to
定义: 挑战极限, 开创新局面.
例句: If we are going to lead this industry, we need to push the envelope. (如果我们要这个行业一路领先的话, 我们需要开创新局面)

13. push the panic button, to
定义: 遇到紧急情况惊慌失措, 乱了手脚.
例句: At first I thought that my wallet had been stolen but before I pushed the panic button and told everyone I looked around again and found it. (刚开始我以为我的皮夹被人偷了但是在我惊慌失措并告诉大家之前, 我再四处找一遍最后找到了它)

14. push the point, to
定义: 重复强调某个重点; 强加某想法于别人.
例句: I chose not to push the point any further so as not to spend all our time beating a dead horse. (为了不浪费时间在不会有结果的讨论, 我决定不再重复强调我的看法)

15. push the right buttons, to
定义: 做得正确, 得到理想结果.
例句: The film pushes all the right buttons, with just the right amount of humor, tension, and emotional drama to keep the viewer engaged from start to finish. (这部电影各方面都处理得宜, 全剧穿插了适当的幽默笑料, 紧张气氛, 以及适度的感情戏使得这出电影毫无冷场令观众全神投入)

16. push up daisies, to
定义: 不在人间, 死亡及被埋葬.
例句: Old Tom's pushing up daisies. He died a long time ago. (老汤姆早已离开这个人间. 他死了好久了)

17. pushing fifty/sixty/seventy, be
定义: 接近五十岁或接近六十岁或接近七十岁. (注: 使用者可以更换上述的岁数来活用这个片语或短语)
例句: Bart is pushing sixty, but he looks much younger. (巴特将近六十岁了, 但他看起来年轻多了)

18. pussy
定义: [粗俗语]胆怯懦弱的男人; 女子生殖器官; 性交; 性交的女伙伴.
例句: Don't be a pussy, Jack. Go ahead, ask her out! (别胆小如鼠, 杰克. 快过去约她出来!)
图片
赶快过去约她出来!

19. pussyfoot around, to
定义: 胆小怕事, 不敢说心里话, 犹豫不决, 下不了承诺.
例句: He had a chance to take over the business for himself if he hadn't kept pussyfooting around. (要不是他一直在犹豫不决下不了承诺, 他原有机会将这份事业收归己有)

20. put (it) to good use, to
定义: 物尽其用, 有效使用, 善加利用.
例句: Thank you so much for the money you gave us. We will certainly put it to good use! (感谢你赠予我们的这笔钱. 我们肯定会将它善加利用!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客