royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 899

帖子 royl » 周三 6月 24, 2020 2:57 am

二十笔实用成语 899

01. put ... at risk, to
定义: 将...置于危险之中, 风险中.
例句: And your recommendation to send the mild case COVID-19 home is going to put the patient's whole family at risk. (而你这个把新冠肺炎轻微患者遣返回家的建议将会把病患全家都置于危险之中)

02. put ... under a microscope, to
定义: 对...严密检查或监视.
例句: After I got that official reprimand at work, it feels like my bosses are putting me under a microscope. (自从我受到了公司的正式申戒之后, 我感觉我的老板好像在对我严密监视)

03. put ... right, to
定义: 将...修理, 修复, 修正.
例句: I know I said some things I shouldn't have, so I'm here to put things right between us. (我知道我说了一些我不该说的话, 因此我来这儿是想要修复我们两人之间的关系)

04. put ... through its paces, to
定义: 对...彻底地测试, 测试...的全面能力或功能.
例句: We need someone who can begin handling complex projects right away, so we're going to put you through your paces during the assessment period, OK? (我们需要一名一上工便马上能处理错综复杂工程项目的人选,因此我们准备在这段评估期间测试你的全面能力, 好吗?)

05. put ... to flight, to
定义: 造成或强迫...逃离.
例句: The heroic officer stood in front of the bank tellers with his weapon raised toward the would-be burglars, putting them to flight instantly. (这名英勇警官挡在银行出纳员的前面举枪对准那几个想要充能的抢匪们, 他们一见情势不妙立即逃离)

06. put a (tin) lid on, to
定义: 终止, 制止, 限制; 隐瞒, 遮盖; (不礼貌)别讲话! 闭嘴!
例句: They were one of the few countries in the EU able to put a lid on unemployment during the recession. (他们是欧盟里在这段经济萧条期间能够遏止失业率扩大的少数几个国家)

07. put a bug in someone's ear, to
定义: 给某人一点微妙暗示或提示.
例句: Last week my mom put a bug in my ear, she works at a nursing home, and she said, why don't you make some masks? (上个礼拜我那位在养老院工作的母亲给我一个提示,她说, 你为什么不自制一些口罩呢?)
图片
自制口罩

08. put a cap on, to
定义: 设立上限, 防止多余浪费或过份行为.
例句: If we don't put a cap on rent in the city, people are going to start being put on the streets because they won't be able to afford anywhere to live. (如果我们的城市不立法设定房租金额上限的话, 人们将会被迫露宿街头, 无家可归, 因为他们将要租不起任何房子)

09. put a check on, to
定义: 遏止, 遏制, 遏抑; 在某个文件上打个勾号.
例句: The store hired security guards to put a check on shoplifting. (这家商店雇用了保安人员来遏制店内偷窃行为)

10. put a contract out on, to
定义: 雇杀手除去某人.
例句: The Mafia put a contract out on Donnie's life for half a million dollars. Donnie and his family still live under secret identities in an undisclosed location. (黑手党花了五十万元雇佣杀手要除去唐尼性命. 唐尼和他的家庭仍然以秘密身份生活在一个秘密地点)

11. put a damper on, to
定义: 扫人兴趣, 使人气馁, 阻挠.
例句: The foul weather really put a damper on our picnic yesterday. (这糟透的天气的确使得昨天的野餐很扫兴)

12. put a different slant on something, to
定义: 表达对某事独特观点; 改变你的看法或观点.
例句: The latest evidence puts an entirely different slant on the case. (最新的证据完全改变了人们对这件案子的看法)

13. put a foot wrong, to
定义: 犯下错误.
例句: Of course my sister can't put a foot wrong in our parents' eyes – she's the golden child. (当然在我们父母的眼中, 我妹妹永远都不会犯错的 – 她是双亲的宝贝)

14. put a freeze on, to
定义: 冻结, 禁止, 限制.
例句: The company put a freeze on hiring as soon as they took us over. (一旦他们接收了我们公司, 这家公司将会冻结我们新员工的招聘)

15. put a halt to, to
定义: 结束, 终止.
例句: He really needs to put a halt to this lecture before everyone falls asleep. (他确实须要结束他的长篇大论否则大家都要睡着了)

16. put a hex on someone, to
定义: 诅咒某人, 对某人下咒语.
例句: I haven't won a game of cards today. Did you put a hex on me? (我今天还没赢过一局牌. 你有没有对我下咒语?)

17. put a human face on, to
定义: 使其更吸引人; 容易懂; 容易关心; 人性化, 拟人化.
例句: When companies put a human face on their brand, the public usually responds positively. (当公司企业把他们的品牌人性化之后, 消费者们大多会给予他们产品积极和正面的反应)

18. put a little jazz in/into, to
定义: 在...里注入一点趣味, 令其生动活泼, 增加其热情.
例句: He believes he can put a little jazz in this bank branches and transformed it into places customers feel they genuinely want to visit. (他认为他可以在他的银行分行注入一点生动活泼的趣味, 将它们转变成为客户感觉这是他们真心想要来作客的地方)

19. put a new/different complexion on, to
定义: 以崭新/不同的面目出现; 令人耳目一新; 给予一个新/不同诠释.
例句: What the police officer had just told me put quite a different complexion on the mystery. (这位警官所告诉我的事给予了这个迷样的秘密一个不同诠释)

20. put a premium on ..., to
定义: 对...重视; 大幅增加成本或价格; 增加其重要性或价值.
例句: Her employer put a premium on honesty and hard work. (她的雇主极为重视员工们的诚信和勤奋工作态度)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 51 访客