royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 900

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 30, 2020 10:21 am

二十笔实用成语 900

01. put a price on someone's head, to
定义: 悬赏追捕某通缉犯. (注: 早期甚至生擒与击毙都接受)
例句: Once they put a price on my head, I knew I'd never be able to live in this town peacefully. (一旦他们悬赏追捕我的话, 我知道我再也不能在这个镇上平静地住下去了)

02. put a price on, a
定义: 标价, 定价; 对某事或某物决定成本或金钱价值.
例句: We're just waiting for them to put a price tag on the project before we begin development. (我们只是在等待他们把这个工程项目的成本决定出来, 然后我们就可以开工进行修建工作)

03. put a quart into a pint pot, to
定义: 试图做办不到的事, 试图将太多东西放进小空间. (注: 一个quart等于两个pint, 两者都是容量单位)
例句: 30 people in this small room! You can't put a quart into a pint pot, you know. (三十个人挤在这个小房间里! 你要知道, 你不可能把这么多人塞进这个小空间)

04. put a sock in it!
定义: [命令语](不礼貌)别讲话! 闭嘴!
例句: Oh, put a sock in it! No one wants to hear your complaints anymore. (唉, 闭嘴! 没人想再听你的抱怨了)

05. put a spanner in the works, to
定义: 破坏计划或活动, 横加阻挠, 令其无法达成.
例句: We had everything in line for the party, but having the caterer cancel on us at the last minute really put a spanner in the works! (我们的派对本来一切准备就绪, 但是这家外烩业者在最后一刻取消了他们的服务, 彻底破坏了我们精心的安排!)
图片
外烩业者准备好的自助餐

06. put a spin on, to
定义: 对某事件歪曲, 偏袒, 硬扯观点来做出对自己有利的解释.
例句: Though our city's crime rate was still the highest in the country, the police chief tried to put a spin on the report by applauding that the city had a 10% crime reduction from the previous year. (虽然我们城市犯罪率仍然名列全国首位, 市警局首长却试图以夸赞本市去年犯罪率比前年降低百分之十来蒙蔽事实曲解这份报告)

07. put a spoke in one's wheel, to
定义: 阻挠, 干扰或迟缓某人的进展.
例句: It will really put a spoke in our wheel if the board decides not to increase our funding for this project. (如果董事会决定不再增加我们这个工作项目资金的话, 这将会完全迟缓我们的进展)

08. put a spotlight on, to
定义: 引起大家对...注意.
例句: We're trying to put a spotlight on students who have made important contributions to the community. (我们试图引起人们注意那些给这个社区做出了重大贡献的学生们)

09. put a stop to, to
定义: 终止, 结束, 制止.
例句: I want you to put a stop to all this bad behavior. (我要你停止你所有的这种恶劣行为)

10. put a tick next to ..., to
定义: 在旁打个勾. (注: 意指在名单上画个勾, 表示做好了, 已查核)
例句: Put a tick next to the right answer. (在正确答案的旁边打个勾)
图片
在方框内打个勾

11. put into commission, to
定义: (船舰)编入服役.
例句: The Nanchang, China's first Type 055 guided missile destroyer, will soon be put into commission in the People's Liberation Army Navy. (南昌舰, 中国的第一艘055型导弹驱逐舰, 将很快被编入人民解放军海军服役)

12. put about, to
定义: [航海术语]调头回转; 航回; (谣言)散播.
例句: The light was beginning to fade, so we put the ship about and headed back for shore. (天光逐渐暗淡下来, 因此我们将船只调转回头, 朝岸边驶回)

13. put across, to
定义: 清楚陈述某事使人明白或接受; 欺骗, 蒙骗.
例句: He spends a lot of effort trying to put across clearly what he wants to say. (他尽了很大努力试图让人明白他想说的话)

14. put all one's eggs in one basket, to
定义: 孤注一掷; 将所有的努力, 希望, 资源投入在一人或一事上.
例句: You should not put all your eggs in one basket – invest all of your money in the stock market. (你不应该把所有资金都投入在一件事情上作孤注一掷 – 把所有资金都投资在股市)

15. put an end to, to
定义: 终止或结束某事; 自杀.
例句: I vowed to put an end to the dissension, mistrust, and infighting in our company. (我发誓要终结我们公司内的纷争, 猜忌, 和内斗)

16. put aside, to
定义: 储存, 积蓄; 暂时不理会; 移到一边; 不挡人路.
例句: We need to put these problems aside for now and get the work done. (我们应该暂时把这些问题放在一旁, 先把工作做完再说)

17. put at someone's disposal, to
定义: 交由某人全权处理或处置.
例句: They put the car at our disposal for our entire stay. (在我们停留的整个期间, 他们将这部车子交由我们全权处置)

18. put at, to
定义: 估计某事或物为...(例如某个时间或数量).
例句: The coroner put his time of death at 7:00 am. (法医估计他的死亡时间是早上七点钟)

19. put away, to
定义: 收拾放好; 搁置, 暂时不理会; 抛弃, 唾弃; 离婚; 吃喝, 消费; 限制某人尤其把人送入精神病院; 埋葬; (将宠物)杀死, 由医生打针令其死亡.
例句: Put your worries away for the moment and just enjoy your time at the beach. (暂时先把你的烦恼抛诸脑后, 好好地享受你在海滩的时光吧)

20. put back, to
定义: 放回原处; 延后, 推迟, 延误; 令人惊讶或震惊; 花费一定数量的钱.
例句: I thought I'd get home in time for dinner, but traffic on the interstate put me back by about an hour. (我原以为我会及时赶回家吃晚饭, 但是州际高速公路的拥挤交通延误了我一个小时)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 70 访客