回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 901

帖子 royl » 周一 7月 06, 2020 9:21 am

二十笔实用成语 901

01. put before, to
定义: 放在某人的脚前; 交由某人或某团体决定; 决定某人或物的优先和重要性高于另一人或物.
例句: The final arguments were put before the jury. (双方最后答辩已交由陪审团审议)

02. put behind, to
定义: 忘却(烦恼, 伤心事), 不再被(烦恼, 伤心事)所困扰; 支持, 支援, 作后援, 作后盾.
例句: You should put those bad memories behind you and start focusing on the good life you have now. (你应当忘却那些伤心往事, 开始关注你现在所过的幸福生活)

03. put by, to
定义: 留下以后再使用.
例句: Roughly $700,000 was put by for a trust fund for Gina, and $300,000 for Michael. (大约七十万美元被拨出作为吉娜的信托基金, 三十万给迈克尔作信托基金)

04. put down roots, to
定义: 安顿下来, 定居下来, 根留此地.
例句: After moving from town to town, we finally put down roots in a farming communities in Missouri Crescent. (从一个城镇搬到另一个城镇, 我们终于在密苏里州新月地区一座农业社区定居下来)

05. put down the phone, to
定义: 挂断电话.
例句: She said goodbye and put down the phone. (她说了声再见便挂断了电话)

06. put down, to
定义: 结束, 停止; 赶下台, 降级, 毁谤, 轻视, 不赞同, 批评, 羞辱, 压制; 使其无效, 限制; 处死或给予老病动物安乐死; 写在纸上; 写入名单中; 归类; 归功, 归咎于; 收拾保存以备未来使用; 消费.
例句: We decided to put our dog down last week. He was in so much pain from cancer that we felt it would be really cruel to let him struggle on. (上星期我们决定给予我们的狗安乐死. 他的癌症带给他极大痛苦因此我们觉得让他继续挣扎下去实在太残忍了)

07. put everyone else at risk, to
定义: 置别人于危险之中.
例句: Those who ignore distancing put everyone else at risk. (那些故意不跟其他人保持距离将大家置于危险而不顾. 注: 意指在新冠肺炎肆虐期间不跟其他人保持距离的人对人或对己都危险)
图片
新冠肺炎流行期间, 人人脸戴口罩并与他人保持至少六英呎距离以策安全

08. put first things first, to
定义: 有条不紊地, 一件事接一件事的依序处理.
例句: You must set priorities and learn how to put first things first. (你必须要排定优先顺序, 学习如何有条不紊地将事情依序处理)

09. put flesh on the bones of, to
定义: 充实; 使其完满, 完整, 完备.
例句: I wish the writer had put flesh on the bones of the villain and her motivations – she seems to act against the protagonist for no apparent reason. (我希望这位作家将这个恶人的角色个性和她的动机写得更加充实完备– 她似乎无缘无故地跟故事主人公作对)

10. put forth, to
定义: 提交某人来决定; 声称, 提议, 公告, 发出; 开始行动, 尽力; 制造或生长; 启步.
例句: They played competently, but they just didn't put forth enough effort to win. (他们很尽职地参与比赛, 但他们却没有倾全力来赢得这场比赛)

11. put forward, to
定义: 提交某人来决定.
例句: The proposals that you have put forward deserve serious consideration. (你所提出来的这份建议值得认真的考虑)

12. put hair on one's chest, to
定义: [诙谐语]加强或恢复性活力.
例句: These cough drops will put hair on your chest. You'll be cleared up in no time. (这些止咳糖会增强你的活力. 你喉咙很快就清爽不咳了)

13. put ideas into someone's head, to
定义: 怂恿教唆某人去做某件事. (注: 意指通常不是好事)
例句: I can't believe you were caught smoking marijuana. I bet it's that no-good kid Casey who put ideas like that into your head. (我真不敢相信你抽大麻被逮个正着. 我肯定那个没出息的小孩凯西就是怂恿你抽大麻的人)

14. put in a call to someone, to
定义: 打电话给某人.
例句: I'm going to put in a call to my boss at eight o'clock. After I talk to him, I'll let you know whether I can join you two. (我准备八点钟打电话给我的老板. 跟他商量之后, 我便会告诉你我是否能够加入你们两人了)

15. put in a good word for someone, to
定义: 替某人美言几句, 推荐某人, 给某人有利评价, 称许某人.
例句: If you apply for a job with our company, I'll put in a good word for you. (如果你向我们公司申请工作的话, 我会替你美言几句)

16. put in a hard day's work, to
定义: 辛勤地工作一天.
例句: After putting in a hard day's work, the only thing I want to do is sit back on my sofa and take a nap. (辛勤地工作一天之后, 我唯一想做的是轻松躺在我的沙发上, 打个小盹儿)

17. put in a plug for, to
定义: (电视或广播)节目中介绍某产品, 借机会宣传或推销.
例句: When you speak on TV, please put in a plug for my new book. (你在电视上讲话的时候, 请你顺便推销我的新书)

18. put in an appearance, to
定义: 出现一会儿, 到场.
例句: We really should put in an appearance at my cousin's party – it would be pretty rude not to while we're in town like this. (我们确实该出席我表姊的派对– 我们既然都到了地头了, 不去她那儿就非常不礼貌了)

19. put in at, to
定义: (船只)进港, 停泊.
例句: The freighter put in at San Diego to refuel. (这艘货轮停泊在圣地牙哥港添加燃油)

20. put in for, to
定义: 请求, 申请.
例句: She put in for a new file cabinet, but she never got one. (她向公司请求申购一台新档案柜, 但她始终都没拿到一台柜子)
图片
档案柜

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 53 访客