royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 906

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 31, 2020 3:39 am

二十笔实用成语 906

01. put right, to
定义: 修理; 纠正; 整顿; 恢复正常.
例句: There is something wrong with this lock. Can you put it right? (这把锁有问题. 你能不能调整它?)

02. put some dirt on it, to
定义: 小伤小痛不必在意. (注: 当受了伤, 你就当身上被洒泥土, 将它抖掉就好)
例句: If you get hurt, put some dirt on it and you'll be OK in no time. But that doesn't work with COVID-19, we have to wear our masks when we go out. (你如果受了小伤小痛, 你很快就会恢复过来. 但是那可不是防治新冠肺炎的方法, 我们出门必须戴上口罩)
图片
穿戴口罩的正确方法

03. put some mustard on it, to
定义: [鼓励语]加油! 加把劲! (注: 意指替人加油, 鼓励人加把劲, 使劲用力投球)
例句: Got my truck stuck in the mud today, I had to put some mustard on it to get out. (今天我的卡车陷在泥淖里, 我不得不使出全力把它弄出来)
图片
车轮陷在泥淖里

04. put someone at ease, to
定义: 使某人放轻松, 缓和焦虑, 平静下来.
例句: An embarrassing moment can sometimes put you at ease. (有时候一个令你难堪的时刻能够让你放轻松下来)

05. put someone at odds with someone else, to
定义: 引起某人与别人不合, 意见不一或起争执.
例句: Trump administration has put the US at odds with all economic and political allies. (特朗普政府引起了美国与其所有的经济和政治盟友的不合)

06. put someone/something at risk, to
定义: 将某人置于危险之中.
例句: Maybe you have a right to put your health at risk, but not that of others. (你也许有权利危害你自己的健康, 但是你无权危害他人健康)

07. put someone away, to
定义: 送某人去精神病院长期居留或监狱长期管训; 将某人击昏; 杀死某人.
例句: They put the notorious gangster away for 40 years, with no chance of parole. (他们将这名凶名昭彰的黑帮份子判刑四十年, 没有假释机会)

08. put someone down as something, to
定义: 把某人列为某种人.
例句: Don't put someone down as a reference without knowing what they are going to say. (在你还不知道某人对你未来雇主将会说些什么之前, 别把他/她列为你的推荐人)

09. put someone down for something, to
定义: 将某人名列入答应要做某件事, 购买, 捐赠名单上.
例句: Everyone is bringing something. Can I put you down for potato salad? (每个人都要带些食物来餐会. 我可不可以把你列入将要带马铃薯色拉在餐饮名单上?)
图片
马铃薯色拉

10. put someone down, to
定义: 藐视, 轻蔑, 羞辱, 伤害某人(自尊心).
例句: Tommy, don't put your brother down like that – if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. (汤米, 别这样藐视你的弟弟– 如果你没什么好话要说,那就什么也别说)

11. put someone in a bad mood, to
定义: 造成某人愤怒不安或心情恶劣.
例句: The violence in that movie put me in a bad mood. I dislike violence. (那部电影里的暴力镜头弄得我心情恶劣. 我不喜欢暴力)

12. put someone in a hole, to
定义: 造成某人陷于窘境; 给某人带来麻烦; 诈欺某人; 陷害某人.
例句: My computer had a major crash this afternoon that's really put me in a hole. (今天下午我电脑突然出了一个大故障, 给我带来了不少麻烦)

13. put someone in danger/jeopardy, to
定义: 置某人于险境.
例句: I was given a vehicle in disrepair and was very unsafe. It puts me in danger and great discomfort and inconvenience. (我被分发了一部年久失修的车辆, 开起来非常不安全. 开这部车令我身历险境, 心惊胆战, 也很不方便)

14. put someone in mind of, to
定义: 因见到相似的事或物而引起你回想起某事或物.
例句: Cold weather like this always puts me in mind of childhood trips to our cabin in the mountains. (像这样寒冷天气总是让我想起小时候我们走上山中小木屋的寒风凛凛路程)

15. put someone in the way of something, to
定义: 致使某人取得某物; 导致某人遭遇不利之事.
例句: Sometimes our fears can put us in the way of profound personal growth. (有时候我们的恐惧能够致使我们获得意义深远的个人成长)

16. put someone in their place, to
定义: 令某人谦逊下来; 让他知道自己身份, 识相点, 别太过份了.
例句: The teacher really put Tom in his place, scolding him so harshly that he burst into tears. (这位教师着实地让汤姆谦逊下来, 狠狠地教训了他一顿, 令他痛哭流涕)

17. put someone off the scent, to
定义: 误导别人. (注: 意指给予错误的或不确定的消息以阻止别人发现某件事)
例句: I've heard that you can put dogs off the scent by crossing back and forth through a river. (我听人说你如果在河岸两边穿来穿去便可以甩脱猎狗群的追踪)

18. put someone off their stride/stroke, to
定义: 妨碍某人的进展, 使某人分心或受扰乱.
例句: The interruption put her off her stride for a moment, and she took several seconds to resume her train of thought. (这个打岔使她片刻地停顿, 她花了几秒钟便恢复了她的思绪)

19. put someone off, to
定义: 令人厌恶; 拖延某人.
例句: The sight of the blood put me off my food for the rest of the day. (看见这片血腥让我一整天都恶心吃不下)

20. put someone on hold, to
定义: 要某人停下来; 要某人于电话线上等待.
例句: Thank you for your query. I'll have to put you on hold while I ask my supervisor about this issue. (谢谢你提出的问题. 在我询问我上司有关这个问题答案的时候, 我必须要请你在电话线上等候)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客