royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 908

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 05, 2020 7:30 am

二十笔实用成语 908

01. put something about, to
定义: [英国]广为宣传.
例句: It's certainly not us putting these rumors about. (肯定不是我们传出这些谣言)

02. put something above all else, to
定义: 视某事重于一切, 将某事列为最优先.
例句: Your requests and needs are our priorities, and we put it above all else. (满足你的要求和需要是我们的优先工作, 我们将它列为最优先任务)

03. put something back, to
定义: 物归原处.
例句: I've finished with these books. Do you want me to put them back on the shelves? (这些书我读完了. 你要我把它们放回书架上吗?)

04. put something down to something, to
定义: 将某事发生或出错归功于或归咎于某个原因.
例句: The runner put her leg pain down to simple muscle fatigue, but she was shocked to learn that it was due to deep vein thrombosis. (这名赛跑者把她的脚痛归咎于肌肉疲劳, 但她很震惊地得知她的脚疼痛是由深部静脉血栓所造成的)
图片
深部静脉血栓

05. put something into someone's head, to
定义: 给某人出主意, 献计.
例句: Who put that ridiculous notion into your head? (是谁给你出的这个荒谬歪主意?)

06. put something on hold, to
定义: 推迟或暂停某件事.
例句: We've had to put the sale on hold while we figure out why the website keeps crashing. (在我们调查清楚这个网站为什么一直出故障之前, 我们不得不暂停这个销售活动)

07. keep/put something on ice, to
定义: 把某物放入寒处冰冻或冰镇; 暂时不去理会某事(以后再去处理).
例句: I'm putting my plans for a new car on ice until I finish college. (我暂停购买新车的计划等我读完大学再讲)

08. put something over on someone, to
定义: 欺骗, 蒙蔽, 玩弄某人.
例句: My wife's really smart – no one can put anything over on her. (我妻子十分聪明 – 没有人能够欺瞒她)

09. put stock in ..., to
定义: 对...有信心, 重视; 购买股票.
例句: Don't put stock in their criticism – they're just jealous. (别把他们的批评当回事 – 他们只是嫉妒而已)

10. put teeth into something, to
定义: 加强(法律)的约束效力.
例句: Senators are hoping to put teeth into the healthcare bill by attaching the threat of huge fines to insurance companies that don't comply. (藉由针对不遵守法律的保险公司, 数位参议员附上巨额罚款的威胁条文以期望加强这份医疗法案的约束效力)

11. put that/it in good use, to
定义: 物尽其用, 善加利用.
例句: There are many people who are available to rent that space and put it in good use. (多的是人愿意租赁那个空间并善加利用它)

12. put that in your pipe and smoke it.
定义: [命令语]告诉某人不管喜不喜欢也要接受你所说的.
例句: You are the one who made the error, and we all know it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! (是你犯了错误, 我们都知道这件事. 不管你喜不喜欢, 你都要接受这个事实!)

13. put the tin lid on, to
定义: [英国]真倒楣, 屋漏偏逢连夜雨.
例句: I left my phone in the corner store, my car broke down on the way home, and, to put the tin lid on it, my groceries broke through the bag as I was walking to the front door. (我把我的手机忘在那间小商店, 我车子抛锚在回家路上, 最倒楣的是, 我那袋食品杂货从破袋子漏出来散在走往前门的地上)
图片
前门

14. put the arm on, to
定义: 强行要钱; 对某人施压.
例句: Tom's the youngest and he's always putting the arm on Dad. (汤姆是老幺, 他总是跟爸爸强行要钱)

15. put the bee on, to
定义: 强行要钱, 打抽丰, 摊派捐款.
例句: Joan's good-for-nothing brother always comes around our place every couple of weeks to put the bee on us for a few bucks. (琼的那个没出息的兄弟总是每一两个星期就来我们这儿打抽丰讨点小钱)

16. put the bite/touch on someone, to
定义: 强行要钱.
例句: Bill put the touch on me, but I told him to forget about it. (比尔跟我强行要钱, 但我告诉他想都别想)

17. put the blame on someone, to
定义: 归咎于某人; 要某人为某事负责, 背黑锅.
例句: Don't put the blame on me for your mistakes! (别想要我来为你的错误背黑锅!)

18. put the blame squarely on someone, to
定义: 要某人负起全部责任.
例句: I put the blame squarely on one person: Me. (我要一个人负起全部责任: 我自己)

19. put the boot in, to
定义: [英国]落井下石, 某人已经倒在地上还踢, 令已经不良状况更恶化; 坚持不让步, 不退缩.
例句: Security footage showed the three teenagers knocking a old man to the ground and putting the boot in for nearly 20 minutes. (监视器录像带显示出三名青少年将一名老人击倒在地并且还踢他近二十分钟)

20. put the carriage/cart before the horse, to
定义: 把办事或工作的顺序弄反.
例句: Starting the fundraiser before we know how much we need is putting the cart before the horse. (在我们知道我们需要多少金额之前便开始募款无异于把工作的顺序弄反)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客