royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 911

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 19, 2020 5:32 am

二十笔实用成语 911

01. put together, to
定义: 组装, 拼装, 建造, 创立, 推论出想法, 思考.
例句: When I put all the evidence together, it seemed pretty clear that the firm was lying to me. (将所有证据都列入考虑之后, 我的推论似乎很清楚地指向这家公司在欺骗我)

02. put two and two together, to
定义: 从现有的证据中推论出真相.
例句: I think he put two and two together and realized that Tom had been stealing from him this whole time. (我认为他根据现有的证据推论出并且了解到汤姆一直在偷他东西)

03. put two fingers up at ..., to
定义: [英国]对...表示愤怒, 挑衅或不尊重.
例句: Pat stuck two fingers up at them and walked out of the room. (派特对他们表示他很愤怒并走出房间)

04. put up a brave front, to
定义: 装出一副信心十足或不惧怕的样子.
例句: I could feel my knees shaking with terror before my commencement speech, but I put up a brave front and stepped out onto the stage to deliver it. (在轮到我毕业演讲之前我可以感觉我惶恐地膝盖发抖, 但我还是装出一副信心十足样子步上讲台发表了演说)

05. put up a fight, to
定义: 奋勇抵抗.
例句: I expect they'll put up a fight when we announce the pay cuts, but they'll either have to accept them or look for other work. (当我们宣布减薪的时候, 我预料他们会抗议这个决定,但他们只能要么必须接受降薪要么去找别的工作)

06. put up a fuss, to
定义: 高声抗议, 挑起事端, 制造混乱, 引起骚动.
例句: As expected, the kids put up a fuss when we said it was time for bed. (就如所预期的, 当我们说现在是该去睡觉的时候, 这些小朋友便高声抗议)

07. put up a good front, to
定义: 做好表面工作; 摆出情况良好的样子.
例句: They were actually broke but put up a good front. (他们其实穷得破产了但表面上他们仍摆出家境良好的假象)

08. put up at a hotel, to
定义: 住在旅馆.
例句: We can put up at a hotel for the night and continue our trip tomorrow. (我们今晚可以找间旅馆住下来, 明天再继续我们的旅程)

09. put up or shut up, to
定义: 要就做到你说的话, 否则就闭嘴.
例句: You've been citing evidence for months but never presented it – now put up or shut up! (多个月来你一直在引用证据但从没拿出它来给大家看– 现在你要不就拿出证据,​​ 否则就闭嘴!)

10. put up the money, to
定义: 出钱, 提供财力.
例句: I heard Mary's father-in-law is putting up the money for her start-up company. (我听人说玛丽的公公准备要提供她公司创业所需的资金)

11. put up the shutters, to
定义: 打烊; 永久停业.
例句: What time are you putting up the shutters tonight? (你们今晚几点打烊?)

12. put up to, to
定义: 唆使, 煽动, 挑动, 怂恿.
例句: No one put me up to it. I've always wanted to change my hair color to burgundy. (没有人怂恿我做这件事. 我一直想要把我的头发染成紫红色)
图片
头发染成紫红色

13. put up with, to
定义: 容忍, 不抱怨, 不报复.
例句: He makes a great effort to put up with his wife's whims. (他极力地容忍他妻子想到什么就做什的脾气)

14. put up your dukes, to
定义: [俚语]举起双拳, 准备打架.
例句: I put up my dukes, expecting him to strike me at any moment. (我举起双拳, 准备他任何一刻对我一击)

15. put up, to
定义: 把东西放进容器或袋子里; 把剑放入剑鞘内; 把东西或食物保存以备未来使用; 提名某人参选; 祷告; 妆扮头发; 公开销售; 提供食宿; 与他人共谋; 建立, 竖立; 展示; 进行; 贡献, 付款; 提供奖品或奖金; 提高价格或加薪; 住宿.
例句: I put up the tent and then cooked a meal. (我架起了帐篷然后烧好一顿饭)
图片
野外烹饪

16. put words in/into someone's mouth, to
定义: 告诉某人应该说什么话; 暗示某人曾说什么话; 制造假想对手.
例句: I've never said you were lazy – stop putting words in my mouth! (我从来没说过你懒惰 – 别把我没说过的话放在我嘴里!)

17. put years on someone, to
定义: 使某人苍老许多.
例句: I think you should consider a career change, because this job has been putting years on you. (我觉得你应当考虑换个工作, 因为你这份工作使你苍老许多)

18. put (one) on the hot seat, to
定义: 置某人于不安, 窘困或焦虑的情况.
例句: The boss put me on the hot seat after he found out that I was responsible for an error in the report. (自从他发现我应对这份报告上的一个错误负责之后, 老板便置我于充满焦虑的窘况中)

19. put you off your game, to
定义: 造成你犯错误而表现, 表演不理想.
例句: Staying up late last night really put me off my game at work. (昨夜的熬夜工作确实造成我今天工作表现不理想)

20. put your best foot forward, to
定义: 将工作做得完美, 表现你最好的一面.
例句: You really need to put your best foot forward in the interview if you want to get this job. (这次面试你非得表现出你最优秀的一面如果你想要取得这份工作的话)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客